Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
How about my brothers Nova, it runs 8.90's ??? Do brothers count?? My nieces Camaro, it runs 9.90s... do Nieces count??? LOL
honestly I feel kind of embarrassed for you even saying or mentioning that on an open Forum LOL...

We're talking about drag racing here correct? You know where Time Slips rule... I by no means have the fastest but it's faster than yours or anyone you can come up with especially in an a body not your best buddies Chevy...:D...

honestly I feel kind of embarrassed for you even saying or mentioning that on an open Forum LOL...
Do not feel embarrassed for me. It is YOUR words. Read what I highlighted for you in your OWN quote. Read it out loud. You said "it's faster than yours or anyone you can come up with.... I think my son's Scat would beat ya, and my brother's Nova would embarrass you, my niece would slaughter you, look at what you type and re-read it before you open you mouth? Save yourself the embarrassment... LOL :D

Now, Back to the Drag Truck ????? LOL I'm trying guys.....

what was your plan for the exhaust when the headers are installed? and if it was mentioned earlier,forgive me,my brain has been fogged over with all the misc. going on....

Do not feel embarrassed for me. It is YOUR words. Read what I highlighted for you in your OWN quote. Read it out loud. You said "it's faster than yours or anyone you can come up with.... I think my son's Scat would beat ya, and my brother's Nova would embarrass you, my niece would slaughter you, look at what you type and re-read it before you open you mouth? Save yourself the embarrassment... LOL :D
I'm sorry there is supposed to be a space between any and one...
Meaning any ONE Time slip in an a body of yours you can come up with...
And you know this but you like to twist things...
again very embarrassed for you having to bring up other people Chevys and other girls LOL... Please don't mention this anymore and maybe everybody will forget you said anyting...

what was your plan for the exhaust when the headers are installed? and if it was mentioned earlier,forgive me,my brain has been fogged over with all the misc. going on....
I remember him talking about the weight of the dual exhaust making up for the weight he lost putting on headers?...

I remember that part now that you mention it. my thought was how to run duals with the gas tank on the drivers side. maybe ala LRT?

were all foggy.... I'm going to run my own header back and dump before the rear end. I bought (2) 90* pipes and will run along the passenger floor if the gas tank is a hindrance. I did it like this on my last truck, but it was a short bed. If there is room to dump the exhaust under the floorboards, I will. But I bet I have to go around the gas tank

P.S. - to get back on track, I'm letting it go... LOL Whissssshhhh

were all foggy.... I'm going to run my own header back and dump before the rear end. I bought (2) 90* pipes and will run along the passenger floor if the gas tank is a hindrance. I did it like this on my last truck, but it was a short bed. If there is room to dump the exhaust under the floorboards, I will. But I bet I have to go around the gas tank

P.S. - to get back on track, I'm letting it go... LOL Whissssshhhh
You have the plastic tank under the driver side?

will the passenger side run to the rear axle and the drivers side a little shorter to keep "equal" length?

will the passenger side run to the rear axle and the drivers side a little shorter to keep "equal" length?
I was just going to say if he has the plastic tank he certainly doesn't need a fuel cell those things are light as hell..

I most likely won't get that technical, about the lengths I mean. However they hang the best is how the mufflers will hang

I would long trust my drilling and welding before some offshore made knuckle that I see in that picture...
Thought about that, but with thousands of them sold and 100% reviews were 5 star, I'll roll with it. Especially since most were used on lifted 4x4's with most likely big mud tires the shaft is turning. That is what it is designed for, lifted trucks.

Thought about that, but with thousands of them sold and 100% reviews were 5 star, I'll roll with it. Especially since most were used on lifted 4x4's with most likely big mud tires the shaft is turning. That is what it is designed for, lifted trucks.
Are you having your exhaust welded or is it going to just be a series of hose clamps..?

Are you having your exhaust welded or is it going to just be a series of hose clamps..?
I'll just clamp.. I installed my '76 Duster dual exhaust (Jegs kit) and it's just clamped. Came out beautiful and has worked perfect. Better than the '74 Duster's and I paid to have that installed.

Is the plan just to get one 10.99 time slip and not have to weld a roll bar in there?...
IF I can go 10.99 on the first go around, then yes. IF they know it's going faster than 11 flat, it's not just the bar, they'll require a diaper too, and maybe a blanket? I'll add the bar if we are at 11.4's or so, but I won't do the diaper. Like you said, 10.9 and were done.

I'll just clamp.. I installed my '76 Duster dual exhaust (Jegs kit) and it's just clamped. Came out beautiful and has worked perfect. Better than the '74 Duster's and I paid to have that installed.

That is what is on Brian's Valiant, of course, he and his brothers had to run in to town and eat in it after he cut the old exhaust off. If I did that, every cop in town would stop me.

got this today. I should be all set to install the manual steering... when I get around to it :D
dscn2768-jpg.jpg

31 pound difference between the power steering w/lower shaft and the manual steering w/lower shaft. Plus, a lot more room under the hood and I'll be turning one less belt - which means a smaller, lighter crank pulley will be in store :)
:thumbsup:

31 pound difference between the power steering w/lower shaft and the manual steering w/lower shaft. Plus, a lot more room under the hood and I'll be turning one less belt - which means a smaller, lighter crank pulley will be in store :)
:thumbsup:
unless you're talking a factory one those small light crank pulleys aren't cheap...
I almost forgot this motor doesn't count against the budget...

unless you're talking a factory one those small light crank pulleys aren't cheap...
I almost forgot this motor doesn't count against the budget...
I need a water pump pulley now. I'll see what I have. The water pump/power steering was together. That shaft worked slick!

I need a water pump pulley now. I'll see what I have. The water pump/power steering was together. That shaft worked slick!
Guys selling electric water pump for a hundred bucks that's a pretty damn good deal.. I paid more than that for the small crank pulley...

You put a smaller crank pulley on and then all of a sudden your alternator isn't keeping up with its demands...

-
Back