Drag Truck Part 2 "blackmark redemption"

-
I hooked with a 3200 converter and 4.30 gears in my last A-body, and with a lot more motor than my current Duster. I think you need to worry about your own traction issues... LOL
I'm not "worried" about neither of our traction issues LOL...

Last edited:
again, the truck will be a whole new experience for me, and a new learning curve.
I've got about four or five more learning curves LOL that I put on my one car over this winter. I think that's what keeps us motivated.. the learning process...
there is a little bit of a difference as you have time slip predictions and I have none.. I don't have a clue with the sex, do! But I know it's been quite fun in the last few days test-driving..
Anyways your truck I think you should do like Tony does make swiss cheese out of it.. get it so light it does 10/9 with the motor you're putting in it...

I've got about four or five more learning curves LOL that I put on my one car over this winter. I think that's what keeps us motivated.. the learning process...
there is a little bit of a difference as you have time slip predictions and I have none.. I don't have a clue with the sex, do! But I know it's been quite fun in the last few days test-driving..
Anyways your truck I think you should do like Tony does make swiss cheese out of it.. get it so light it does 10/9 with the motor you're putting in it...
lol.... proof read your post... :D
:lol:

I think that's what keeps us motivated.. the learning process...
there is a little bit of a difference as you have time slip predictions and I have none..
but to your point, yes, I like to consider what a ball park expectation might be. No way do I put the 5.9 magnum and 3.55's in the truck and be ok with a 17.99 @ 75 mph. Without "some" sort of expectation, then you'd be ok with it. So if 17.99 doesn't cut it, then what would cut it? That would be an "expectation or prediction".

but to your point, yes, I like to consider what a ball park expectation might be. No way do I put the 5.9 magnum and 3.55's in the truck and be ok with a 17.99 @ 75 mph. Without "some" sort of expectation, then you'd be ok with it. So if 17.99 doesn't cut it, then what would cut it? That would be an "expectation or prediction".
It seems like we always boil down to this same conversation of 17's to 14's or 13's as compared to 13's down to 10's...

It seems like we always boil down to this same conversation of 17's to 14's or 13's as compared to 13's down to 10's...
no, it's not that. It's the fact is you have to have an expectation. You had one when you built your 410, right? I mean, you would have been upset if it didn't run any better than the 318 it replaced, right? So, how much better before you wouldn't be upset. a tenth? 3 tenths? 1 full second? my point is, you had an expectation as well. We all do. I just put out approximately what makes sense to me. I'm not afraid to do that, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No biggy.

no, it's not that. It's the fact is you have to have an expectation. You had one when you built your 410, right? I mean, you would have been upset if it didn't run any better than the 318 it replaced, right? So, how much better before you wouldn't be upset. a tenth? 3 tenths? 1 full second? my point is, you had an expectation as well. We all do. I just put out approximately what makes sense to me. I'm not afraid to do that, and if I'm wrong, I'm wrong. No biggy.
If you want to do your serious research and this will have to take you back at least five years or more I was hoping for some 12's, but was elated with 11's...
Here's some food for thought... you've often given me a rough time about how much I spent on that motor 5 years ago but I have been enjoying it's robust performance for all these years. Since then think about how much you spent money and time wise on all the different heads Motors cars and trucks and still trying to achieve 12's...:D...

If you want to do your serious research and this will have to take you back at least five years or more I was hoping for some 12's, but was elated with 11's...
Here's some food for thought... you've often given me a rough time about how much I spent on that motor 5 years ago but I have been enjoying it's robust performance for all these years. Since then think about how much you spent money and time wise on all the different heads Motors cars and trucks and still trying to achieve 12's...:D...
well, I'm not going to turn this into you vs me. We were talking about my predictions and expectations. I have a lot of cars and you have 1. Truth is, I was done with headers, and rough idle cams, and steep gears with high stall converters. I was doing that jig years before you and I even knew FABO existed. We are both doing it the way we like. This thread is about what we can get this truck to do.

Since then think about how much you spent money and time wise on all the different heads Motors cars and trucks and still trying to achieve 12's...:D...
Just for the record, I was in the 12's with a 100% street car 25 years ago with a two dime budget. Please don't keep referencing me not having knowledge of "what it takes". Save yourself the embarrassment.

well, I'm not going to turn this into you vs me. 12's is nothing, I was doing that 25 years ago with a two dime budget. We were talking about my predictions and expectations. I have a lot of cars and you have 1. Truth is, I was done with headers, and rough idle cams, and steep gears with high stall converters. I was doing that jig years before you and I even knew FABO existed. We are both doing it the way we like. This thread is about what we can get this truck to do.
LOL..:lol:.. now you're pulling out the old I've forgotten more about hot rodding than you'll ever know routine LOL...
And the ever so popular I forgotten how much crap I've given you in the past LOL...
You live for the you versus me...lol..
I say break out the big drills and make Swiss cheese...:lol:...

Just for the record, I was in the 12's with a 100% street car 25 years ago with a two dime budget. Please don't keep referencing me not having knowledge of "what it takes". Save yourself the embarrassment.
And no time slip to prove it....

And no time slip to prove it....
Dug out an ancient one. Same car number A409. Just to tease ya, you can see the 1/4 mile "12" LOL :D I'll not pull anything else out from my past for you, and I can't believe I pulled this "extreme low dollar motor" time slip out for you....

DSCN2761.JPG

Hi guys, thanks for the lunchtime entertainment with the West vs. Midwest battle. it's always good to listen, as you can learn something from anybody.
just my opinion, I'd like to build a motor like j par, once and done with the items I think are the best for my combo. then on the other shoulder is the thought of "how fast could it go with much less" as per 318willrun thinking and doing. I enjoy reading and learning from both of youse.
and now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Hi guys, thanks for the lunchtime entertainment with the West vs. Midwest battle. it's always good to listen, as you can learn something from anybody.
just my opinion, I'd like to build a motor like j par, once and done with the items I think are the best for my combo. then on the other shoulder is the thought of "how fast could it go with much less" as per 318willrun thinking and doing. I enjoy reading and learning from both of youse.
It's his "mouth" vs me :D. Again, his car (I like his car) is the furthest thing from my mind in this build, or any other build I might be doing.

Last edited:
ok, a big sigh...………………………………….. LOL and we'll continue

Last edited:
Ok, back to the regular scheduled program. I received a "hard to come by" piece on my door step today. :)

DSCN2873.JPG

I pulled the Stroker motor out and put a puzzle together 318 in there to see how fast it would go and when I seen a Mustang go by me on the drag strip I didn't want anything more to do with that again LOL... and that automatic transmission almost put me to sleep even though it shifted very well...

Are legions of fans LOL are aching for an old-fashioned you versus me...lol..
But again like you said on with the truck...

-
Back