Drag Week Unlimited Duster

-
What brand and where did you get those twin radiators? I want to mount my turbo setup similar possibly to your prochargers.

This thread reminds me of the old phrase.

"Race cars run on money."

Keep the posts coming. I love the quality and effort that you've put into this build.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

You building this all yourself now? No more Morris builds?

Doing everything myself except for this new motor build. I got allot friends i grew up with that have opened speed shops and have done similar stuff so I enlisted some local talent to build this power plant. C & C Performance Engines knows the hemi well. They were a force to be recon with with there alcohol hemi daytona. I have nothing against morris and crew as I still get detailed custom parts from them for my motor, I just chose to keep things close to home this time and take my time. Learned allot from my wedge setup and I think rushing attributed to its demise. Oh well, live and learn.

Doing everything myself except for this new motor build. I got allot friends i grew up with that have opened speed shops and have done similar stuff so I enlisted some local talent to build this power plant. C & C Performance Engines knows the hemi well. They were a force to be recon with with there alcohol hemi daytona. I have nothing against morris and crew as I still get detailed custom parts from them for my motor, I just chose to keep things close to home this time and take my time. Learned allot from my wedge setup and I think rushing attributed to its demise. Oh well, live and learn.

hey d j, going to bring it to Tulsa this yr. ?:coffee2:

Glad to see it finally going back together, I may be looking that way my self in the near future for my setup. I now have a set of twin 83mm that will look good in an A body with a Hemi. If I jump off that cliff I may want to get some advice along the way. Good luck with this build.

Glad to see it finally going back together, I may be looking that way my self in the near future for my setup. I now have a set of twin 83mm that will look good in an A body with a Hemi. If I jump off that cliff I may want to get some advice along the way. Good luck with this build.

That would be mean and no worries I'll provide the info that i got for boosted hemis.

just saw that a guy named Darryl with a ´70 Duster is listed in the unlimited class / Drag week...cant wait to see it run, wish i could be there!

http://www.hotrod.com/news/1508-drag-week-2015-entry-list/

Michael

Yes Sir,

That is me. Motor will be completed this week with a break in on the engine dyno. Car is already getting all the electronics and the rest of the safety stuff installed/checked as we speak. Once i get the motor home it is nothing to get it in the car. Latest pics so far, I will try to keep the site updated. For real time update I post all the time here: https://www.facebook.com/dusterdj572

D.J , give you credit... Best of luck,o'break in.. It's not, a plug in Rat Chev mill.. Go 'gettum...

D.J , give you credit... Best of luck,o'break in.. It's not, a plug in Rat Chev mill.. Go 'gettum...

kick a$$! hope to see the car at Tulsa this yr. what comp. ratio are those pistons w/ your heads and head gasket combo.? sure don't look like the tent roof pistons we used to run. course ours was naturally aspirated. the pistons used to lightly kiss the heads at high rpm. THE late-Tom Hoover said that was just right, barely keeping the carbon off, but not breakin anything. good luck!!:coffee2:

-
Back