Drag Week Unlimited Duster

-
Oh yeah, I have not pushed those f2's yet either. The b1's would start to surge at about 26lbs. That is something else to factor in. Aw man, I'm all kinds of excited.

Thanks man,

The wedge was no punk though. Made 2560hp with it and found out what parts were weak. Will not have that problem with this motor. But she should put the wedge to shame...

Oh believe me I know....2560 is a serious heavy hitter in every aspect of the words!

The level of game you are in is not for the faint of heart or bank roll. Some serious stuff going on to play in that arena!

Sweet mother of all that is holy in the automotive realm! :O I must have missed this!

Good lord!! This is crazy.. Im a fan of your Facebook page and am keeping up with your updates.

Makes my turbo new gen look like a tricycle lol

something to consider...

top fuel hemi engines they run 6:1 to 7:1 compression ratio venolia's or je's ... there's a reason for that.

with their supercharger pumping a TON of boost they dont need 10:1's

even with the 7:1's they run 90% nitromethane / 10% alky. the pistons are coated for the nitromethane

lots to consider with big boost

Typical Top Fuel Engine
Displacement: 496ci
Block and head: Aluminum Brad Anderson or Alan Johnson
Bore x stroke: 4.310 x 4.250
Compression ratio: 7.0:1
Cylinder head: Hemispherical
Intake valve: Titanium 2.45 inches
Exhaust valve: Inconel 1.92 inches
Rocker ratio: I = 1.73:1, E = 1.53:1
Camshaft: Mechanical roller
Duration: 290 to 300 degrees at 0.050
Roller lifter: 1.6875 inches in diameter
Valve lift: 0.800
Supercharger: Roots style, 14:71
Boost pressure: 65 psi maximum
Ignition: Twin 44-amp magnetos capable of 50,000 volts
Ignition timing: 52 to 55 degrees BTDC
Fuel pump: Mechanical, 100-plus gal/min
Injection: Mechanical, total of 42 injectors
Fuel: 90 percent nitromethane, 10 percent methanol
Oiling system: Wet-sump
Oil capacity: 12 quarts, 70W oil
Maximum rpm: 8,250 rpm
Maximum hp: 8,000 equal to 16 hp per ci

Read more: http://www.carcraft.com/techarticles/ccrp_1009_8000hp_top_fuel_engine/

^^ what are you getting at?

There are plenty of people with turboed or pro charged hemis. . I'm sure dj will have this handled.

HEMI & boost.....they kinda go together. Remember seeing on http://fastmanefi.com/ that Rich had built a 472 pump gas motor with a single Procharger that was over 1250 hp if I remember right, and it idled smooth....

Thanks for all the info guys. I have 4 year beating on my Wedge that has helped me come up with a good game plan for my Hemi and past and possible future issues have been addressed. Believe me guys when I say, with a little luck, this Hemi will be a contender.

I still want a ride or at least see this in person !!!!!!!!! Norwalk maybe????????? Steve

Those stupid things should be illegal. Stock body cars only is how it should be. If I wanted to watch funny cars race, I'd go see John Force.

Wylde1.

Totally agree, even though the class is "unlimited" I think a good portion of its body should be from a factory car that rolled off an assembly line. Or at least split the class in 2 groups, so guys like Darryl, Larson, Lutz etc aren't going up against the Allen Johnsons of dragweek.

Totally agree, even though the class is "unlimited" I think a good portion of its body should be from a factory car that rolled off an assembly line. Or at least split the class in 2 groups, so guys like Darryl, Larson, Lutz etc aren't going up against the Allen Johnsons of dragweek.

But what about this one,

Lutz's new car look factory OEM but it 100% fiberglass and carbon fiber now. You guys know how racers are. You make one rule, they find away around it.

Machine work finished and heading to the motor man. Hopefully this thing can shorten the gap between my heavy car and those feather lights....

But what about this one,

Lutz's new car look factory OEM but it 100% fiberglass and carbon fiber now. You guys know how racers are. You make one rule, they find away around it.

Same as promod, still not a "real" car. Or to be clearer, originated from a real car. There's hardly enough "real" car left on some of the unlimited cars to argue the point, but I applaud the guys who started with and had to design around an original body.

Next thing guys will be getting a VIN for nitro funny cars,,,lol.

Same as promod, still not a "real" car. Or to be clearer, originated from a real car. There's hardly enough "real" car left on some of the unlimited cars to argue the point, but I applaud the guys who started with and had to design around an original body.

Next thing guys will be getting a VIN for nitro funny cars,,,lol.

Thanks man, and yes, unlimited is getting crazy but I was informed that new rules drop this year after this event. Unlimited is where some changes are to happen so we will see...

I still want a ride !!!!!! LOL--Norwalk????? When does the elephant get fired up???

-
Back