Drag Week Unlimited Duster

-
I love it! That's the most serious it's sounded to date. I think you're gonna have a great time with that beast. :thumleft:

Sweet. We're getting close, hope the running is about done.

Darryl, is that exhaust just bolt on to the collectors? If so what is the purpose of routing out to the side as apposed to just dumping from collector underneath? I'm also guessing you will have different exhaust for your hwy traveling, or no? Best of luck to you next month, when you unleash the beast! :thumblef:

It's said that bull horns out the side aide in downforce on high horsepower cars. Plus if you have a internal failure stuff goes away from the tires.

Darryl, is that exhaust just bolt on to the collectors? If so what is the purpose of routing out to the side as apposed to just dumping from collector underneath? I'm also guessing you will have different exhaust for your hwy traveling, or no? Best of luck to you next month, when you unleash the beast! :thumblef:

The reason I'm running bull horns is I do have my now street exhaust and it v-bands to my 5" collector. There is a transition from circle to the equivalent 5" oval for clearance under the car. That transition created so much back pressure that my car blew the O2's out of the exhaust with the bungs attached to them. With those 5" horn, I'm sure I have eliminated that problem.

It's said that bull horns out the side aide in downforce on high horsepower cars. Plus if you have a internal failure stuff goes away from the tires.

Yep your right...

Aww the problems of so much power. I only wish I could have to deal with situations like that. lol

Were getting closer day by day to seeing what that beast can really do. Can't wait.
Woo Hoo.

The reason I'm running bull horns is I do have my now street exhaust and it v-bands to my 5" collector. There is a transition from circle to the equivalent 5" oval for clearance under the car. That transition created so much back pressure that my car blew the O2's out of the exhaust with the bungs attached to them. With those 5" horn, I'm sure I have eliminated that problem.

Yep your right...

Right on, thanks for the explanation guys!

Aww the problems of so much power. I only wish I could have to deal with situations like that. lol

Were getting closer day by day to seeing what that beast can really do. Can't wait.
Woo Hoo.

Yeah man, I can't wait either...

Right on, thanks for the explanation guys!

No problem...

Looking forward to following DW and rooting for ya, sounds awesome! :D

I appreciate man. I will need all the good vibes I can get.

Well folks,

Luck is not on my side. After putting the bull horns on we put it on the chassis dyno to get a good tune. First pull popping and farting like it did in the beginning. I was like damn, this problem won't go away no matter how much electronics I change out. But during the run noticed my horn were shooting out water. Dammit, pulled a plug and turn the car over and there goes the water. Did a leak down test and all my cylinders are good to go. Yanked the head in hopes of this only being a head gasket problem. Well, wrong again. Everyone of my intake runners are cracked to the water jacket. I find this less than a week of being there and heading to Drag Week. So obviously, I have to bow out again... Getting with the company that did the port work in hope they will make this right or help me out. It is clear that there was too much material taken out and made this area weak. So to all the Drag Week'ers, I'll see you next year. If I can't make Monster Mopar, I'll be at Mopar @ the Park for sure...

DJ

Man I'm sorry to hear that. I have been watching videos of your car on utube. Very impressive. I think the guys at drag week are the lucky ones, they won't have to deal with that beast! Keep up the great work!

Aj

Things happen with complicated, big hp cars. It's just sad that the timing of this failure is right at the Drag Week schedule. Good luck getting your repairs done, and I cant wait to see you posting some big numbers, regardless of the venue you eventually get into. :thumleft:

DJ saw your post over on Moparts, man I'm sorry they have treated you that way. I hope you will continue to share with us here. I'm sure FABO will have your back.

Can't wait to see you back out representing for us. I for one want to say thanks for all the effort, time and money you have put into a Mopar to prove it can be done.

Thanks again.
Bob

DJ saw your post over on Moparts, man I'm sorry they have treated you that way. I hope you will continue to share with us here. I'm sure FABO will have your back.

Can't wait to see you back out representing for us. I for one want to say thanks for all the effort, time and money you have put into a Mopar to prove it can be done.

Thanks again.
Bob

Thanks man,

I like FABO and will keep this spot informed... You can also check things here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dusterdj/1375358106030103

It is a public link and will most likely be updated first. I'll be out in November for Mopars @ the Park in Tulsa... I love that event and try to go every year. Been going to that since I was little...

Sounds awsome I'll keep following along. Good luck getting those heads sorted out.

-
Back