Driver side starter vs passenger side starter on Hemi with TKX or T56. Anyone done Passenger?

-

Johnny Mac

www.blueprintengines.com
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
FABO Team,

In introducing our new hemi packages, I've become aware that on the late model cars, the starter on manuals is predominantly on the passenger side. Obviously different than our old school mopars.

Has anyone done one with a passenger side mount? My gut tells me to use the LA SB Steel bells, and do a clutch kit that retains driver side starter with a TKX / T56. but before I redo all our paperwork, was curious if anyone actually used and preferred the passenger side starter?

holley quicktime bells below for reference...

RM-6076 = SBM to T56 (can make it work with the hemi, and Driver side starter as "normal" for us"

RM-6071= SBM to TKX (can make work with hemi, DS starter also.

RM-8077 = Gen III hemi to T56 (pass starter like a late model challenger)

RM-8076= Gen III hemi to TKX (pass starter like a late model challenger)

thanks for your help/opinions!!

No personal experience with passenger side starters, but I would be concerned with it's potential fitment issues with the commonly available A/B/E body Gen III swap headers- they're all made with D.S. starters in mind.

Maybe this thread will help?

TR6060 and TB suspension? Any info on the starter interference?

That was with an OEM starter for a TR6060, so not exactly and apples to apples comparison. But later in the thread I think I posted that a guy on FB got it to work with an adapter and a BB starter or something.

Best guess is that the starter would need to be kept pretty high to clear the idler.

The other kink in all that is all I looked at was the later style drag link with the idler on top of the link. The earlier ones with the drag link on top would change things. But I know of one or two guys on here that had an interference between the idler and the Holley pan, too. So maybe that combination is a no-go either way.

Personally, I was all excited about running the PS starter, was going to match the LC/LX routing of the battery cable from the trunk. Pretty minor reason to be excited about it and in the end a ton of work. Don’t see it making much sense unless someone was trying to use the OEM TR6060.

Maybe this thread will help?

TR6060 and TB suspension? Any info on the starter interference?

That was with an OEM starter for a TR6060, so not exactly and apples to apples comparison. But later in the thread I think I posted that a guy on FB got it to work with an adapter and a BB starter or something.

Best guess is that the starter would need to be kept pretty high to clear the idler.

The other kink in all that is all I looked at was the later style drag link with the idler on top of the link. The earlier ones with the drag link on top would change things. But I know of one or two guys on here that had an interference between the idler and the Holley pan, too. So maybe that combination is a no-go either way.

Personally, I was all excited about running the PS starter, was going to match the LC/LX routing of the battery cable from the trunk. Pretty minor reason to be excited about it and in the end a ton of work. Don’t see it making much sense unless someone was trying to use the OEM TR6060.
Very helpful and pretty much answers my question. Thank you!! Looks like we need to use the LA bell.

Here's a new solution:

-
Back