dual quad nitrous !!?!!

-
$1, 000 plus to get it set up, $33 per pass plus entry fees and gas to get there and back...
Toke.gif
forget it...

????Your telling me you back tracking, on duel quad nos kit.
I'm telling you this is what's taking me out of drag racing in the first place.. the all-out expanse.. that's why I over the last two years I've been transforming my car into something I can drive down to the track and a joy on the street more..
Took out eight point roll bar and put in full interior. Took outrace doors and put in full weight glass window doors. Took out four tens put in 355's. Took out 600 lift cam with 270 duration and put in Cam that actually idols and poles from the ground up. It's nice not having to go around a corner at 6K in first gear but be able to Lug second and pull right up out of it...
Only having to only put a gallon or two of rest gas in my tank...
I can't spend a thousand plus to add $30 to every pass... My pockets aren't like that..

I'm only a half second off my old average and hoping the last thousand I spent on aluminum heads and a clutch Tamer will gain some of that back...

YUP
that's why there is bracket racing.
Don't matter wow fast or slow you are.
And trying to get your car dialed in, keep the competitive spirit alive.

For each pro event we pay $150.00. And believe me once u run so fast u can’t go slower. Street is $45.00 and modified or whatever it’s called now is $100.00. Kim

I think your clutch tamer will out shine you new heads. not knocking your new heads(but it would be fun:poke::D)

all seriousness, just like me going to 4200 stall converter, you leaving the line hard and then to keep pulling thru first gear(after you get it dialed in at the track) is probably worth a half sec..........
With a cam that pull down low will probably add a lot of life to you clutch as well.

If nothing else it will make you more competitive and that's when it gets fun, bracket racing.

Last edited:
For each pro event we pay $150.00. And believe me once u run so fast u can’t go slower. Street is $45.00 and modified or whatever it’s called now is $100.00. Kim
If I go an hour drive out to Woodburn which is a well prepped drag race only track (in the middle of nowhere typically in the Blazing heat with no where to hide from it) it cost $50 plus$10 at the beginning of the year for your number. You're supposed to get three practice passes but most of the time we get to then eliminations.. which for my 4 speed car against all automatics I only make it past the first round 1 out of 10 times which means three or four passes for $50 plus the hour drive each way..
If I go 1/2 hour down to PIR (Portland International Raceway) from 5: 30 to 10 at night in the cooler hours on Friday and Saturdays it cost $35 and you can take all the passes that you can handle.. some nights are busier than others but some nights you could do a continuous loop all night long...(YR where are you!!...).. Also 70% of the drive is along the Columbia River on a Scenic Highway...
I know after having the Stroker motor in the duster for several years and I put that 318 and automatic in for a summer and was getting blown away at the track by cars that I would normally handle with no problem I was ready to put the Stroker motor back in..

I think your clutch tamer will out shine you new heads. not knocking your new heads(but it would be fun:poke::D)

all seriousness, just like me going to 4200 stall converter, you leaving the line hard and then to keep pulling thru fist gear(after you get it dialed in at the track) is probably worth a half sec..........
With a cam that pull down low will probably add a lot of life to you clutch as well.

If nothing else it will make you more competitive and that's when it gets fun, bracket racing.
If I can get it dialed in and much more consistent over this next summer then the following summer I might go back to racing hole in the hood again at Woodburn. But to go there and get eliminated in the first round against all automatic cars almost every time it just loses its luster quite quickly..
If I could just keep it in the same tenth of a second I would be much happier.. I'll go all over the place all day from 11.4 - 12.2..
:rolleyes:...

That may be true, but i use to race a guy, when i first started racing, named John Proctor. He had a 72 impala wagon with a stock 350 that ran 19 sec 1/4 mile. KICK MY ARSS EVERY TIME I RACED HIM!!!!!!!
He us to run a 9.90 dragster before, but money got tight and pulled his wagon out to race in sportsman, In the three year i race him i never beat him. I tried my best to beat him, but he had a lot more trick up his sleeve that i had a clue, there was at that time.

My car is only a High 11 sec car but it would be hard to go back to my stock cuda running 17s..........but then again i ran 87 octane gas. drove to the track getting 20 mpg's and then drove back home. was way cheaper to race back then.

I caried a spare third member back then incase i broke a rear end.:rofl:

My daughter wants to go faster. 10.40s with the 470 is not fast enough. Wants to run 9s. Doesn’t want me to sell the 543. I have a higher stall converter as well and a T brake. I installed the T brake. Gonna do the converter. Install the Victor and 1.6 rockers. But that prolly won’t get 9s. Sooooo

A half a sec when your running 10.40s is a BUNCH more HP power!!!!

This is why I don't bracket race, I just couldn't be competitive with the guys doing it all the time. I got so bored sitting in the lanes and then having to chase down some slow pos only to break out and my night was done.
I love the pir heads up deal, sucks to have so many imports but I will take that over bracket racing. As far as my favorite well that would be street racing but I gave up on that fantasy anymore.
I built my new car with the intention of being able to do 75 on the freeway, mid to low 11's n/a and 10's with a 1-150 shot depending on the night. We will see where I wind up but it will be fun.

I love opening up my car from a stop light.
I would like to get some "real" racing under my belt but the closet track it to far away so street racing it is for me....

My saving grace is my car is such a race car most folks have no idea what their in for. Who would expect a full on race car to be sitting at the stop light?

:rofl::steering:

Its all about what we can afford and enjoy. Most days i jist cruze around at 25 MPH and that also makes me smile!

I love opening up my car from a stop light.
I would like to get some "real" racing under my belt but the closet track it to far away so street racing it is for me....

My saving grace is my car is such a race car most folks have no idea what their in for. Who would expect a full on race car to be sitting at the stop light?

:rofl::steering:

Its all about what we can afford and enjoy. Most days i jist cruze around at 25 MPH and that also makes me smile!

A $55 a day U-Haul car trailer and a drive down to a test and tune... Sure would let you know where you're really at...

Our shop truck took a dump so i dont even have a tow rig untill i fix the truck.

But yeah my buddy said he will tow me to the track but there's still a few thing that i need to address before i try and pass tech.

Yep that's me, but here's you..

:poke:...

Don't make fun of Cyndi Lauper. She's a successfully recovered heroine addict. Also, have you ever heard her sing the blues? Get you a load.

-
Back