dual quad nitrous !!?!!

-
Even with all the expense I still just can't get this idea out of my head... Maybe just to have it and use it every once in a great while and not in constant competition with it. Not that I'm in any kind of constant competition anyhow LOL I only go down to the track a couple two three times a year...
A question that's been rattling around in my head about jetting for dual quad nitrous is would I have to have a 50 shot in each carburetor to get a 100 shot total? Or if I did two 50 shot ports would I just get a 50 shot?..
Also "IF" I started just building a kit piece by piece and of course first I would want to get the little plates that go in between the carburetor and the manifold, I would assume they would be just getting constantly cleaned by the fresh flow of gas dumping over them? Or would they be getting clogged and corroded?...

I asked about the jetting because really I wouldn't want to go over a hundred and fifty shot, but I would want to start at a 50 so do I get two sets of 25's or do I get two 50s??..

My fuel idea is I have one of those aluminum nostalgic Moon two and a half gallon aluminum fuel cells.. that and another 5-7 PSI electric Edelbrock fuel pump just for putting race fuel in and running the nitrous when needed..??.

Never used nitrous; can't afford the learning curve......that said I would regard the 2 plates as approximately additive and I would jet each plate as a stand alone, I think that would be the most conservative/safe installation

Edit: I have heard that ignition timing is more important than jet

Last edited:
Depending on which company plate setup you go with. They have dual plate kits with all the jets/charts etc. you need to determine what total shot you want.
In my case I have (2) single plate kits. 150hp total N2o/fuel shot= each plate N2o/fuel jets combo for 75hp...….
More than that need at least 8lbs fuel pressure.

Never used nitrous; can't afford the learning curve......that said I would regard the 2 plates as approximately additive and I would jet each plate as a stand alone, I think that would be the most conservative/safe installation

I used to spray 200 on hyper pistons and 87oct pump gas, got me 5.70's in the 1/8th. The most important thing about that learning curve is not to over time the engine. Too much timing gets you detonation, that's the big engine killer.

2nd most important thing is to make sure you are on the lean side of max power. If your tune-up is fat and timing adjusted to get the most out of that fat mixture, you will then have too much timing and hurt parts if that fat mixture gets leaned out for whatever reason.

To stay out of trouble, rather than adding timing to see if you gain mph (which could get you into detonation), a safer approach is to first take timing out and see if you lose mph. If it does go slower, at least you know you were on the safe side of ideal timing. Same with the mixture, keep taking fuel out until the car slows down, then add just enough for max mph. Lean is mean and won't hurt a thing, but too much timing with nitrous will cost you some pistons and maybe more.

Grant

Even with all the expense I still just can't get this idea out of my head... Maybe just to have it and use it every once in a great while and not in constant competition with it. Not that I'm in any kind of constant competition anyhow LOL

So.................you are thinking 318willruntens???????????

A 50 shot you could make some mistakes and still live. just like any thing, 50 shot won't be enough.
It is safe as any power adder. But it only take one failure....one mistake and it's over.

fuel pump wire falls off, install the fuel and nos jet backward or grab the wrong one.
failure can be as simple as a bug crawling into your carbs vent tube, going down the vent tube and plugging a main jet. I have seen it happen!!!
he lifted when it happen. in the pits he finally pulled the fuel bowls and there it was.

Nitrous is addicting, it's only a matter of time before you give more and more to go faster and faster. lol
j par have you ordered the nitrous yet ? We know you're going to. :D

Nitrous is addicting, it's only a matter of time before you give more and more to go faster and faster. lol
j par have you ordered the nitrous yet ? We know you're going to. :D
well I don't want to order too much before I go to the high performance swap meet on Sunday... I was thinking if I could find some plates to stick in there and get started.. Yellow Rose says he's bringing all this good stuff..

A 50 shot you could make some mistakes and still live. just like any thing, 50 shot won't be enough.
It is safe as any power adder. But it only take one failure....one mistake and it's over.

fuel pump wire falls off, install the fuel and nos jet backward or grab the wrong one.
failure can be as simple as a bug crawling into your carbs vent tube, going down the vent tube and plugging a main jet. I have seen it happen!!!
he lifted when it happen. in the pits he finally pulled the fuel bowls and there it was.
well if I blew her up and start sawing through $200 360 Magnum Motors from the junkyard after that.. plus I have another LA 360 block laying in the back of the shed... I never expected it to last forever lol.. and what terrible luck!!!...

Before i built my High compression stroker i was going to go turbo.
What Everyone told me was to start with some 200,000 motor that i didn't care about because the learning curve would take one out.
nos is way simpler, but you still have to follow the rules!:lol:

I clicked on this thread and saw this ^^^ I sure hope I'm not the reason. I'm not his competitor....
You're definitely no competition...:poke:
one set a big block heads and no car and no motor is no reason for fright....:rolleyes::D..

I've had this in my mind for a little bit now...
I know how old the thread is, I posted in it. But then you called off the dogs, said you wasn't going to do it, too expensive. I think Mopar Sam is saying you resurrected the idea when I started my thread, and i'm saying "I hope not for me".

Last edited:
well I don't want to order too much before I go to the high performance swap meet on Sunday... I was thinking if I could find some plates to stick in there and get started.. Yellow Rose says he's bringing all this good stuff..

Just loaded all that crap up and then found a distributor and box I didn't know I even had!! Testing that beooooootch in the Am and if it's good it's going too!!

I know how old the thread is, I posted in it. But then you called off the dogs, said you wasn't going to do it, too expensive. I think Mopar Sam is saying you resurrected the idea when I started my thread, and i'm saying "I hope not for me".
The idea always keeps resurrecting in my mind and now I'm thinking that I'm not going to really be blasting bottle after bottle anyways especially at the jetting I'm thinking and how "un"often I actually use it...

Also not only do I want the wide open throttle trigger but I want the yeehaw button on the v gate shifter as well...:thumbsup:...

-
Back