Duped

-
You might want to pay a little more attention to that sinking feeling in your stomach.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly, you don't know if either of the two vin's on the car is legit. One or both could be hot. You now have public record of this. You now have public record of your denial to pursue the legal ownership and your choice to deny making sure that it's not a chopped car or any of the sort, before proceeding.

And you're going to carry on? And spend more $ on it?

This isn't really that wise. Just saying....

Don't make this man out to be a criminal. He has a title..he has a Vin...he has a pile of parts he's turning into a car that he wants. He is doing NOTHING illegal or in my opinion, underhanded.
If you pull your head out of the Mopar rock it's stuck under, guys have been building Street Rods this way for like 75 years. It's an accepted practice.

Don't make this man out to be a criminal. He has a title..he has a Vin...he has a pile of parts he's turning into a car that he wants. He is doing NOTHING illegal or in my opinion, underhanded.
If you pull your head out of the Mopar rock it's stuck under, guys have been building Street Rods this way for like 75 years. It's an accepted practice.

Here, Hear Tony...Some people seem to like making mountains out of mole hills.:banghead::banghead:

Sorry did not see you had a title. I would roll with it. Like Tony said that has been done many many times before. Take two beat to crap cars and make one. Hell I've done that with a 68 Vette 427 put in a 454 was no way was I gonna find an original 427 affordable. When I sold the car I told the buyer that it took two cars to build it. 68 was the first year for the new body style I will never do that again what a PITA. That was before prices were bat sh$t crazy for cars like that. It's not like you are trying to pass of a Hemi Cuda. Its a Duster being cloned into a Demon and that is what YOU want to do. If you want to clear it up just ask a cop/highway patrol to run the # on the package tray and see if something pops up. You have a clean tittle for the 76 so you know it's good to go just missing the vin plate which can happen when non knowledgeable people swap out dashes. There is some guy on the forum who lost the dash vin plate for his RR and was asking about how to get one the correct way just recently. So it happens!

The other lesson here is why start with such a basket case? I had a 73 Duster body that I couldn't give away that sounded 5 times better then your car. I love Dusters, but much of the love is because they are about the cheapest muscle car you can build.
I think using Demon parts is fine to, but I wouldn't just because of the extra cost with no huge leaps in improving appearance. Variety is what is cool, so do what you like and have fun!

-
Back