Duster oval track handling + radiator

-

Isaac

Reaction score
Hi. This post questions mainly focuses on handling, but to eleminate multiple threads pertaining to this car i thought i'd throw in some other questions pertaining to other aspects.I hope this is ok.I'm doing a year long B-Stock project for an 1/8th mile dirt track. I will be using a 1970 duster.I'm looking for a hard/eurothane bushing kit for the entire car aswell as a rear sway bar and some good oval track leaf springs and adjustable spring shackles.Also I need a good shock recommendations prefreably non adjustable.I've already got some V8 torsion bars, V8 front sway bar and an adjustable pinion snubber for the rear.Aswell as some homeade subframe connectors.

What is a good manufacturer(s) (cheapest) to go through that would have these bushing/rear sway bar kits?Also what type of leaf springs would work best? This will be a year long project, I plan on taking my time and doing it correctly. I'm a novice when it comes to setting up a racecar but i've been around it a long time to atleast know what type of parts I might need/things to do. I'm willing to take the time to learn more.Any help would be appreciated.

I really want to focus on cooling. I've already modified my mopar water pump to prevent as much cavitation as possible.At any rate, what is a good aluminum radiator to use? Is dual core, single pass good? Or what should I be using? Cost isn't an issue unless it really gets out of hand.I'm looking to spend 200-300$.I want to keep this motor sub 190* if possible.In other words, I don't want to EVER worry about cooling. See below for vauge motor specs.

on a side note/question, the car will have a 360 ~9.7:1 cr , rhs la-x heads (2.02/1.65), peformer airgap intake and a hughes custom hydraulic flat tappet camshaft, cast crank, eagle connecting rods, high volume oil pump with modifications, race 727 torque flight.8 3/4 rear end.What would be a good gear to run? I would like to run in 1:1 if possible, though i'll probably endup running in 2nd gear as i'll be limited on gear choice for this rear end.Also, what would be a good converter? The motor should see 5500-6000rpms ideally.

ps: I'll be posting pics of the car soon I hope.My usb ports are giving me a fit saying they cant recognize the device (my cell) that i use to take pictures.If I have to i'll use a friends computer to do this.

thanks,
Isaac

I'm no expert on this, but you need to round yourself up a copy of the Mopar Performance Chassis book, and maybe a couple of related MP books

We have a Moderator here that did allot of dirt track racing in his duster.
Welcome and give our Tec's time to jump in and help.
We have a few dirt track members here and I know there will be help on the way soon.

Even if I have to search this site myself.

Take a look in the suspension forums if you have the time OR restoration threads members have going on, they show the parts with pictures and where they got there parts.

haha, I hear you guys.Appreciate the help/replys. I figured google would be the only 'book' i would ever need.But you're right I should get a copy of that mp chassis book you mentioned.It surely would get me headed down the right path. It probably even has specific part #s for oval track stuff I would imagine.I'll also have to dig deeper into the suspension forums for oval track specific leaf springs/setup and the like.

Really appreciate it guys. The people here are great :cheers:

Ok i'm all sorted out now as fas as handling pieces go. For the rest i'll use proper forums, thanks for the help/replys guys!

regards,
isaac

-
Back