E-3 plugs worth the money?

-
Split fire plugs were "invented" about 15 miles from where I live.

I accidentally stumbled into their shop while looking for an electrical supply house circa 1989.

The inventor was hand splitting the grounds of "blank" plugs made by Autolite.

I thought the idea had at least some merit as the spark could theoretically be more exposed to the air/fuel mix, but in reality probably simply takes the shortest path to which ever tine of the ground is closer to the electrode.

My personal experience is that Autolites tend to foul less than Champions.

No performance gains just less maintenance if your engine tends to foul plugs.

I run RN12YC Champions in all my LA small block mopars. Never an issue, and perform great. I have tried others, but none ever showed any signs of improvements. none.

Yup, they're good plugs.

Yup, they're good plugs.
Ok. Car is much smoother in low and mid rpm ranges with the Autolite copper core standard heat range.
Thanks to everyones input. It more streetable. I'll read the plugs after a few miles and see if my jets still need changed.

Good deal. Glad you got it sorted out this far!

Ok. Car is much smoother in low and mid rpm ranges with the Autolite copper core standard heat range.
Thanks to everyones input. It more streetable. I'll read the plugs after a few miles and see if my jets still need changed.

Of coarse it is...Autolite or nothing!!

If your car runs better after you replaced the plugs it's because you needed new plugs not fancy plugs. The arc (spark) will follow the path of least resistance, generally the shortest distance. A clean sharp edge has a big effect on arc propagation, this is where any fresh plug shows a difference. Proper heat range is huge for plug life regardless of brand. Generally 2-3 ranges colder than the old leaded fuel spec is just fine.

E3 plugs are the greatest...they are used in John Forces Funny Cars...so you know they are the best...
You are kidding, I hope? There is no way he uses E3s in his funny cars. I tried a set in my modified 340, and after a few hundred miles I tossed them and went back to Autolites.

To the O.P.: It's an, underlying joke...Autolites treat me well,currently have NGK in mine,right now.... Belated: A sales pitch,doesn't make for good product...Glad ,you found a medium...
Agreed, bottom line is that you fixed your problem.

Hey Dan, what # of Autolites did you end up with?

Recall the ads for Split-fire (maybe E3 too). They ran an engine on the dyno with regular plugs, then w/ the special plugs. Got slightly better performance. They never claim that was due to the spark plugs. Maybe the engine was cold in the first run. Could they have even left it outside overnight in 0 F temperatures. They then extol the theoretical hokiness of their patented invention. Try to sue them. You also can buy magnets to clamp on your fuel lines, vanes to spin the inlet air, even a whole "Brown's Gas" apparatus. Better to spend your money on a Physics book.

Autolite 3923's are one heat range colder than 3924, lots of cars use the 3923 and should be in stock about anywhere.

Autolite 3923's are one heat range colder than 3924, lots of cars use the 3923 and should be in stock about anywhere.
That's why I don't like to use any brand other than Champions for Mopars. Every manufacturer has their own ideas about what plug they produce that matches the correct factory plug. I run AC's in my wife's Buick for the same reason.

Autolite Ar3924's is what I use in my Aluminum headed 416 or 360..nothing else!!!

-
Back