E.C.U. potting/protector removal

-

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
What is a good way to dissolve/remove the goo that is used to protect the circuit board on the back of E.C.U.s? Mine has dripped all over the inner fender & I'd like to remove it without damaging the paint if I can. Any suggestions?

Not sure there is one. Any chemical that melts the stuff is likely to also remove some of the material around the components. I've screwed with a pressure washer, and even that damaged some things. If you find a sure fire way, post a big thread LOL

What is a good way to dissolve/remove the goo that is used to protect the circuit board on the back of E.C.U.s? Mine has dripped all over the inner fender & I'd like to remove it without damaging the paint if I can. Any suggestions?
Use a heat gun. Heat the material up gradually until its very soft. Then, use a cleaner with methyl Hydrate in it (Rubbing alcohol) and gently wipe off the material. Do not overheat or rub harshly. Go slow and it will come off without damaging the paint.

Use a heat gun. Heat the material up gradually until its very soft. Then, use a cleaner with methyl Hydrate in it (Rubbing alcohol) and gently wipe off the material. Do not overheat or rub harshly. Go slow and it will come off without damaging the paint.
This is the method I am going to try first.
Thanks for the good advice.

-
Back