Early A-body HDK to be released soon

-
Differance in the 3 shocks Denny suggest using (lowest to tallest setting) and from a 2" drop spindle to a standard one is 5" and if you add in the secret top shock mount makes it 6" WOW I changed my setup + 4 1/2" (so far which is probably to high) from the lowest possible setting

Is is a dropped spindle, or close to stock ride height? I was looking into getting a pair of dropped spindles, but decided to start selling and saving for this.

Stock ride height is a very deceptive thing - true or what you think it should be - factory tire diameter and using your probably taller tire than stock then if you want true factory ride height then yes you need to lower the front plus what kind of rake do you want to have on your car (front and rear height) so you may have to play with your rear setup also lots of factors go into this tires - springs etc etc

And your using the DS501 QA1 shock - which shock mount - also the front tire diameter

I am using the DS 501 (13-7/8 " installed ride height) the low shock mount (not the secret one)...and I have an approx 27.5" tall tire. (with a 2" fender opening stretch)

It is not a one size fits all world. Every car / build is unique, that is why the HDK is made to adjust to try to achieve what the builder had in (his) mind.

I try anyways.

I am using the DS 501 (13-7/8 " installed ride height) the low shock mount (not the secret one)...and I have an approx 27.5" tall tire.

It is not a one size fits all world. Every car / build is unique, that is why the HDK is made to adjust to try to achieve what the builder had in (his) mind.

I try anyways.

very true and that's the nice part about the HDK system

Remember that Denny is running a 27.5" tall front tire but that size won't fit on
your car unless your fender openings have been enlarged (his were stretched 2").

Just didn't want anybody to say "I like how that looks" and then buy that diameter
tire because you would have been in for a surprise.

About 25.5" is the stock diameter on all 67+ Valiant, Duster, Dart, Dart Sport and
Demon. May be tight on 67-69 Barracudas. Smaller still on pre-67 A's.

Is it a sickness ? As my valiant sits waiting for the mail service to deliver this big pile of new front end parts -- I keep rolling the cart holding this 6.4 over to her - talk about tight - but I think it will fit. The Wife may not get the HEMI afterall. It's not like it will cause a divorce. But dang she will get mad !!

Stock ride height is a very deceptive thing - true or what you think it should be - factory tire diameter and using your probably taller tire than stock then if you want true factory ride height then yes you need to lower the front plus what kind of rake do you want to have on your car (front and rear height) so you may have to play with your rear setup also lots of factors go into this tires - springs etc etc

I'm trying to get my car to sit nice and low over a 25" tire. I want a good, low, ground hugger stance with a slight rake. I want to hide some fatty cheaters under the back as well. I just want to know if the spindle height is the same as stock or not. I know for sure I wanted a 2" dropped spindle from stock location to achieve my low stance and keep full suspension

Looks very professional yall. Nice work.

I'm trying to get my car to sit nice and low over a 25" tire. I want a good, low, ground hugger stance with a slight rake. I want to hide some fatty cheaters under the back as well. I just want to know if the spindle height is the same as stock or not. I know for sure I wanted a 2" dropped spindle from stock location to achieve my low stance and keep full suspension

If using 2" drop with factory suspension.... the only spindle available is the 73-76 application that moves the hub outward at least 3/4" per side. Those spindles also require the larger ball joints.

It is difficult to compare ride height/stance and the components used to achieve it when one car has a factory suspension and one has a HDK (aftermarket). Spindle specs alone are apples and oranges.

That's what's great about Denny's system you can set your ride height dead on to where you want it to be from low to high Spindle height isn't the only deciding factor on ride height between the 3 shocks Denny suggest using there is 3" difference in ride height QA1 DS401 - DS403 and DS501 one of the problems I had to overcome on the HDK was to stop thinking STOCK because it's not your getting into "HOT RODDING" and there is no cut and dry answer when doing that because every body want's a different result you have to rely on experience and trial and error all anybody can do on advice is to get you in the ballpark be it right or wrong that's up to what you want your not turning a bolt to raise and lower the front there's a lot more to it than that but if your a true "HOT RODDER" the fun part is doing something different and figuring it out then standing back and say look what I did anybody can do "STOCK"

That's what's great about Denny's system you can set your ride height dead on to where you want it to be from low to high Spindle height isn't the only deciding factor on ride height between the 3 shocks Denny suggest using there is 3" difference in ride height QA1 DS401 - DS403 and DS501 one of the problems I had to overcome on the HDK was to stop thinking STOCK because it's not your getting into "HOT RODDING" and there is no cut and dry answer when doing that because every body want's a different result you have to rely on experience and trial and error all anybody can do on advice is to get you in the ballpark be it right or wrong that's up to what you want your not turning a bolt to raise and lower the front there's a lot more to it than that but if your a true "HOT RODDER" the fun part is doing something different and figuring it out then standing back and say look what I did anybody can do "STOCK"

well said.....go to the head of the class.

My order made it to Alabama about 1 hour ago. It is Gorgeous !! You are an artist !! It's all your fault but I think we Will call in sick or dead or ????? 5 day weekend of parts thrashing. Lol.
THANKS FOR WHAT YOU DO !!
The Gilchrists.
Florence Alabama

I'd like to get a set coming soon. I want my car to be able to roll before I get the engine together. Will it come coated, painted, or bare? If bare then that's fine. I can powdercoat at work. It's unassembled correct? Meaning byshings aren't pressed in either?

I send them pre-assembled......no guesswork. Bare metal with a light coat of WD-40 for rust prevevtion.

It is simple to disassemble....or I can send it disassembled... however you prefer.

The poly bushings push in....no pressing necessary.
The ball joints unscrew....a ball joint socket or wrench is handy.

I did not read the whole thread. Is this CM? Building a 64 Dart wagon. What is the wait time? Car Has to done in July. What does it weigh?

Thanks Ray

I did not read the whole thread. Is this CM? Building a 64 Dart wagon. What is the wait time? Car Has to done in July. What does it weigh?

Thanks Ray

not CM....Hemidenny

the COMPLETE package weight is approx 88 lbs.

weight savings in a 67-76 package is approx 29.8 lbs comparing a manual steer to a manual steer....brakes not included (any saving there can be achieved without any kind of suspension conversion. The early K package is almost identical in looks and price.

wait time (currently) is 2 to 3 weeks....mostly depending on degree of any custom application.

not CM....Hemidenny

the COMPLETE package weight is approx 88 lbs.

weight savings in a 67-76 package is approx 29.8 lbs comparing a manual steer to a manual steer....brakes not included (any saving there can be achieved without any kind of suspension conversion. The early K package is almost identical in looks and price.

wait time (currently) is 2 to 3 weeks....mostly depending on degree of any custom application.
we talked about a month ago. I may have my magnum sold that is going to help fund my project the first thing I am going to purchase is your k member. Can not wait. now I have to find a way to get that hemi to fit in my bay.

-
Back