Early A-body HDK to be released soon

-
I have Kelsey Hayes front disks from a 67 on my 66 'Cuda and everything else is stock. Let me know if I can help with measurements.

Can I use my existing spindles with this setup or will the control arms provided use the larger ball joints? If I must use your spindles will the Kelsey Hayes fixed calipers work?

I'm just trying to figure out my total cost if I go this route. I'm looking at rebuilding my manual steering box this year anyway plus this will open up some header choices for my small block.

Thanks for the Early A love. :cheers: =D>=D>=D>

sorry.....factory rear steer spindles will NOT work CORRECTLY with any front steer package I am aware of. They might bolt up , but all I have seen experience ackerman, bump steer, or very limit suspension travel issues

The HDK comes with the large Mopar screw-in ball joints (Moog772)

TOTAL cost, depending on options w/coil overs....approx $3300...not including brakes.

Just measured mine with 9"drums i got 8 7/8" from back of spindle to frame, the wheels are on it i can pull them tomorrow and get a better measurement if ya need it.

that's what I want....the distance to where the wheel bolts on...now I just have covert to inches.

gotta remember my gozintas....

Thanks,
Denny

What will hold the car up?

sorry.....factory rear steer spindles will NOT work CORRECTLY with any front steer package I am aware of. They might bolt up , but all I have seen experience ackerman, bump steer, or very limit suspension travel issues

The HDK comes with the large Mopar screw-in ball joints (Moog772)

TOTAL cost, depending on options w/coil overs....approx $3300...not including brakes.

Thanks for the response. I didn't even notice from the photos of the mock-up the rack is in front of the spindle. This would be a great option if I were starting from scratch on a build.

I guess I need a new project car.

Just measured mine with 9"drums i got 8 7/8" from back of spindle to frame, the wheels are on it i can pull them tomorrow and get a better measurement if ya need it.

no wonder I could not find it on my scale....I thought it was in MM

can you measure how thick to the face of the drum?.....where the wheel bolts on. I use Mustang II spindles...so the measurement to a factory spindle doesn't transfer.

sorry..but thanks

Here's what i got today.Off of drum face to frame 12"-1/2" from drum face to hub.
Ed.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 434
  • 003.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 408
Here's what i got today.Off of drum face to frame 12"-1/2" from drum face to hub.
Ed.

10-4....but is that with the suspension hanging?....with the spindle at ride height usually the hub swings outward a tad.

hanks for the measurent.
Denny

Ok Denny, what are you looking for in a test car? I can provide the blue 66 if you need it,which has KH disc! I can provide the convertible also, which has 10" drum brakes, and get you any measurement you need from either car! If you need a car in hand, I can certainly bring the blue car down for as long as you like! Your call!! Geof

Ok Denny, what are you looking for in a test car? I can provide the blue 66 if you need it,which has KH disc! I can provide the convertible also, which has 10" drum brakes, and get you any measurement you need from either car! If you need a car in hand, I can certainly bring the blue car down for as long as you like! Your call!! Geof

Geof,

you are #1 on the list....I'm close and will be in touch ...soon.

I want to finish the mock up on the mule first.....it is too easy. is that (core) trans mount ready to ship yet?

I will ship one out Monday, haven't got the core back from the transaction so I'll send you one you can keep, with a nice mount!! Geof

cool..

Haven't had a good few days at the shop in awhile because the wife was on vacation.....she is back to work back tomorrow....bad for her ....good for me.

Been wondering where to put this.

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 346
  • P1010926.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 348
it is tight in the 67 to 76 As......the early As are about 1-3/8" narrower....oh my!!

never say never.

it is tight in the 67 to 76 As......the early As are about 1-3/8" narrower....oh my!!

never say never.

Not your typical off the shelf build......but for some, exactly what we want.

I love a challenge.

You should be able to overcome the 1 3/8" difference by dropping it from 13.8" and letting it free full into the car. Its just a simple math equation I worked out.

You should be able to overcome the 1 3/8" difference by dropping it from 13.8" and letting it free full into the car. Its just a simple math equation I worked out.

There ya' go....I knew someone would come up with a plan.

So this is what I was looking for. I have a 1966 dart and run in the NHRA heritage series here on the west coast. The engine is a CNC ported indy headed 408, with Fenderwell 2 inch primary headman husler to 3 1/2" exhaust outlets, engine moved back and down making 700hp. I can run no faster than 10.00 but do that with little to no problem at 131. Most of the time I index at about 10.2's to have some wiggle room. I also compete in what our local track has started to get more people at the track is Match Race Madness. Its really fun, Pro tree and your matched with 3 time slips that you have, that are the same. I race more than 20 events a year, each event having more than ten passes and I beat the piss out of my stock suspension. If you want to see if it can handle the real world of racing consider me as a test candidate. Next race "The March Meet at Bakersfield" first weekend of March 2015

Me at Fomoso Raceway, Bakersfield

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKeH2XDvzh0&list=UU8R6j_eu3nPH8e8T57xec7A"]1966 Dart at Fomoso - YouTube[/ame]

Me in the right passenger window of this supra Match racing

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx4jZlPFmDw"]MRM 6 Supra vs Dart - YouTube[/ame]

very nice....

if I do not have anyone bite close by....you would be a good candidate.

-
Back