Early A-body vs Later A-body

Early A-body vs Late A-body

• Total voters
-

66MOPAR77

Reaction score
I Have a 66 Valiant and have posted some pics in members restorations
on my Valiant and havent got much or any response, But posted some pics in Early A-body and got lots of nice comments and kind words,
i like all MOPAR but what do u choose Early or Late model A-Bodies:happy1:

I like both but the early ones are my favorite :glasses7:

The 67-up a-body cars are more common & popular, and I like to be different :D

67+, easier to find parts. Plus you can't beat the Sharktooth grill.

My choice is obvious, but I do like the later cars also.

The early cars are more of a challenge finding parts for and getting aftermarket parts that FIT. When you see a nice one, you know someone went to a lot of trouble. The later ones are cool in that they are easier to put big block power in. I like them both. I have a 63 Dart 170 2 door sedan.

68-71 my favorite.I also love a 64-66 Barracuda modified 60's-70's style.

Attachments

• 65bar.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 1,143
I've owned both early and late, but I prefer the early-a's. Unique styling and their smaller light weight are what attract me.

Like both.Grew up on the 67 on up. The older ones grow on me,as I get older. Own a 72 Scamp,parts are easier and cheaper to get. Do have to work harder,to make it look different from the same era.Voted later, btw.

Both...had a 64' Dart GT/4spd/273 at 17 in high school...till that went away for my challenger.
Have had Alot more post 67 A-bodies by far, and easier to get parts for around here.
Would love to have that 64 back,sold the back up/"parts car" for it to a buddy (64 GT/6) back in 1995 and he is still sitting on the thing,along with his 63 vert.LOL

Like em all but I've had my 65 since 95. Now I have 2 but would really like a 69 someday.

I too like them all but my favorites are the 65s since i've owned my 65 GT 'vert since 84. Have also owned a 71 slant Demon (bought brand new), a 70 440-equipped Swinger and a 73 Scamp. My wife had a 70 Swinger as well.

Early and my favorite is '66 because of my family's Valiant and also that it was major redesign of the early-a's for one final year before the later a's. But I like them all. Chrysler kept improving them right till the end. Not long ago I drove a '75 Brougham; it rode very plush...I actually like those big, shock-absorbing bumpers.

I've owned all styles

Early........1964 thru 1966
Mid..........1967 thru 1969
Later........1970 and up

Great cars.

60-66 are my favorite. Im not fond of the 66 valiant/ barracuda front end, but still nice. Then its the 70- up

I had to go with later because that's what I own. And my father had a '71 Demon brand new. I've got pictures of me in the car and behind me in the background. I was so young I don't even remember the car though. My favorites are the 67-71 too, but appreciation of the early years is there for sure. And I wouldn't mind owning one either. :)

I like them all, although I have owned 2 early Darts and a mess of 69 B Bodies and a couple 73 E's. I always wanted a 71 Demon. There's still time. I'm not dead yet! LOL

We have both a 66 valiant and a 71 duster. never use to like the early a bodies but, they have really grown on me.

I'm narrowed to 68-72 cars.

Nothing sexier than the SS 1968 Dart's & Barracuda's with the Hemi Scoop...

In '76 I bought my first A Body; A '69 Dart GT 340 in B5 Blue, 727, 3.55:1 Sure Grip, and Dealer Installed A/C. Car was sold new in Florida. At that same time my brother bought a '71 Demon in Black, 340, 727, 3.23:1 Sure Grip, and for some reason we never "Lined Them Up" not sure why.
What's even more bad dass is an older guy in town had a '69 HEMI Dart in Black, 4 Speed, Dana 60. He didn't bring it out all that much but when he did we stood at attention when he rolled by, occasionally lifting the Front Tires and a letting out a Thunder From Hell from Open Headers, man that thing sounded great.
At 17 years old I was quite impressionable so my favorite A Body has to be the Late Great A Bodies!

My thoughts is there is actually early A, middle A and late A categories.

My favorite is Middle A, 67 to 72.
2nd would be the early A, 66 and earlier.
lastly would be the late A, 73 to 76 Beak nose cars.

What ever I own at the time is the best. Ask me and I'll tell ya. I doubt if someone who owns a 65 will tell you he likes 73's better.

-
Back