"Early A" doesn't cut it

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't speak to engine compartment width, but what chassis parts do they share?
Ball joints? I do not mean as a snarky reply.
There's all sorts of parts that they share through the years. Most years have some unique parts, but, suspension, brakes, engines, transmissions, rear axles, etc. fit more than one year, or even several years in most cases. "Early A-bodies" have generally included '60-66 models, but, even '60-2 models have parts that don't interchange, so, just how far do you want to break the definition down?

Agree. If I'm wrong tell me why and let me debate that. With civility of course
My point is when the red x was available people would just hit it and that was it.

No explanation, no way to understand their perspective no way to learn.

If I'm wrong about something I want to know it and be educated so I don't make the same mistake again.

In website suggestions forum? What's your point?

stirthepot.gif

The red X wasn't controlled, people hit it for whatever reason.
IMO nobody owes anyone an explanation over it, sure you can ask why the red x?
But if they decline to respond, nbd. Its out of your control so why sweat it?
As another member said to me, "you would think the red x affects there credit score" lmao the way people react...
My point is when the red x was available people would just hit it and that was it.

No explanation, no way to understand their perspective no way to learn.

If I'm wrong about something I want to know it and be educated so I don't make the same mistake again.

Lol, like Facebook friends...when **** hits the fan big help they are lol.
There was an absolutely ridiculous thread started a few years ago solely for a group of fabos to increase their "like/agree" count.

The red X wasn't controlled, people hit it for whatever reason.
IMO nobody owes anyone an explanation over it, sure you can ask why the red x?
But if they decline to respond, nbd. Its out of your control so why sweat it?
As another member said to me, "you would think the red x affects there credit score" lmao the way people react...
Yup, it just meant you disagreed, not that you were accusing them of being absolutely wrong or insulting their intelligence! Even though that was sometimes true..... :lol:

Yup, it just meant you disagreed, not that you were accusing them of being absolutely wrong or insulting their intelligence! Even though that was sometimes true..... :lol:
The red X was overkill in image to simply denote a disagreement, It was a poor choice for that message IMO, another color might have toned it down enough, like orange or yellow maybe, and "X" is also a bit much. A simple universal slash/diagonal would get the same point across without the cancel aspect. It's useful, but it's like as I have stated before, like using a 2lb sledge when all you need is a 12oz ball peen.

Last edited:
The red X was overkill in image to simply denote a disagreement, It was a poor choice for that message IMO, another color might have toned it down enough, like orange or yellow maybe, and "X" is also a bit much. A simple universal slash/diagonal would get the same point across without the cancel aspect. It's useful, but it's like as I have stated before, like using a 2lb sledge when all you need is a 12oz ball peen.

Hmmm, how about
IMG_5743.png

Why waste time with a 2lb hammer? Just go straight to 12 lbs and get it all in one swing

IMG_5744.jpeg

Like the mods should do with this whole thread!

Sounds like someone needs a time out.

Nah, I'm good. It's a joke!

You know, like this whole thread. :poke:

I mean, you're not going to change how the entire Mopar community refers to the early A's. And I don't see anyone adding more forum categories, so the whole thing is just an effort in futility (or building your post count). And we've already got at least 3 or 4 threads on the "disagree" button, so I'd say that's covered too. Really just wasting server space.

"I mean, you're not going to change how the entire Mopar community refers to the early A's."

Who here is trying to change anybody? The site overtly has a suggestion forum. That is where this thread was originally posted. A site moderator, early on ,decided to move it, yours and others beef should be with him. I have zero regrets. Actually, I learned a lot here, site might be on the same slow downward path as Moparts, but doesn't know it yet.

Those that chose to have a closed mind to even consider different viewpoints and maybe better options, always have the ignore and unwatch options, at their own potential peril and risk of stagnation.

That is not my problem.

Last edited:
Its like the guy that moved to Wy. from NYC and started to tell the locals how to raise beef.
He wanted to be a rancher but first head to learn how to raise cattle in the first place??

I admit I always considered 63-5 A bodies as "early A's and think of 60-2 as a group all alone!!

Im with you. They arent traditionally good looking, but they're so different that they're cool. Especially whan streeted up. Imagine that grill coming up behind you? Id get out of the way. Tough lookin.

Im with you. They arent traditionally good looking, but they're so different that they're cool. Especially whan streeted up. Imagine that grill coming up behind you? Id get out of the way. Tough lookin.
I admit to loving the early B cars and especially the "different" 62 B cars also!! ^^^ @Mopar603 You have some cool rides!!
IMHO they are the coolest of all 4 door cars also.

IMO "Early A" is 1960, 61, 62. "Mid A" is 63 thru 66, and then "Late A", is everything later. "Early A" shares very little with the later cars except whatever drivetrain that they might.
Lookee there, I finally got one green thumb up, the seed is planted, my job is done, Hallelujah:thankyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back