Early A Ragtop thread

-

Useless

Reaction score
Since it looks like I'll be picking up another early A ragtop soon, I figured now would be a good time to make a early A ragtop thread.

So lets get some pre '67 A-body Convertible pics here!

I'll start, here's the '63 Dart GT I used to own, it served as my daily driver for most of 2001. Some friends now have it and are taking quite good care of it.

100_2675.jpg

100_2676.jpg

100_2679.jpg

100_2678.jpg

Yeah, it'd already been converted to floor shift when I got it, nothing but holes left for the pushbuttons :( Having the console was nice though...

Hey, that's a good looking 64 you had. They aren't so common any more. We only have 8 of them here in Sweden.

OK here's my 65 Signet later slant 6 original 3 on the tree. Have a 65 slant coupled to an 833 so that's going in. Also will be adding a 65 Barracuda grille with grille mounted driving lights instead of the turn signals. No pics of my 65 Dart GT convertible (in the garage in bare metal)

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0716.jpg

Useless you should have kept that one,its very nice.
Nice valiant too.Looks straight as an arrow.

I had this '66 Valiant for about a year, had to sell a few months ago as we needed the cash for some medical bills (at least I made a small profit on it!). The fenders and quarters were really rusty but the frame and underbody looked like the car was in the desert for 40 years. Nice driving car!

YellowValiant2.jpg

I bought my first 1965 Dart conv in 1984. It was the only sold GT convertible in Sweden. I restored it back to orginal condition and painted it bright red as it was from the factory. I had that one until 2006 when I switched to my yellow DartCharger convertible that I currently have. Between 2005 and 2007 I restored another Dart GT conv and change the paint to ruby red and did everything back to stock specs.

And all of this just for having watching a movie back in 1979 when they drove a 65 Dart convertible.......!

Moparbilder 136.jpg

Moparbilder 087.jpg

Gunnar 28.jpg

I saved these pics of cars that have been for sale recently

This car looked really nice
66ValiantChardonOhio1.jpg

I thought this was cool with the bucket seats and console, the contrasting colors are interesting.
PersiaIowa66Signet5.jpg

Hey I like this thread!! Heres mine, currently not lisenced thanks to our stupid local clean air screening facility, called air care!!

DSC00775 - Copy - Copy.jpg

Ragtop, nice to see a full pic of your car, very classy looking!! The white with red accent looks great! Johnny Dart I drool every time I see that orange bomb of yours=P~If ya ever get bored with it you'll have to let us know, its truly a one of a kind!!

Nice topic, let`s make it a long lasting!
Here some pics of my 64 valiant this summer in Great Brittain:
DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0040-1.jpg

Here is my `64. It`s rough, but complete. Work just started on it. 225 auto, gonna do the floors first! Anyone know where I can find new floor pans for this thing?

Valiant front.jpg

LF floor.jpg

pass frt floor.jpg

Thanks Mac.I really like the yellow on yours, is it a factory color ? Never seen it before.

Thanks Mac.I really like the yellow on yours, is it a factory color ? Never seen it before.

IIRC it's a mid-year 65 color. According to my Ditzler paint code sheet, the paint code is 81515, Chrysler order code is 881 and is called Yellow. My 65 Dart convert production date April 2, 65 is the same color.

Dartman! According to my 65 Dartcharger register the first Dart with this yellow color was built in the beginning of September 1964!!

I bought this Val about 3 months ago. It has been restored with metal, no bondo. She drives like a dream. She has a few issues. Needs some new leaf springs, I wiould like to upgrade to disc brakes.Also I wouls k]like to upgrade to a Super Six package.

Valiant.jpg

Valiant-dash.jpg

Valiant-left.jpg

Valiant-rear.jpg

I always knew this yellow as butternut yellow, but I think maybe that was a Chevy name, not fitting for a Mopar LOL! My Dads '66 Impala land yacht back in the day was "butternut" yellow maybe thats why I think of that name as a chev thing. I hated this color as a kid (maybe cause that sled used to make me car sick as all hell ), but grew to like it on Mopars anyway.

-
Back