Early A Ragtop thread

-
Some really sweet cars. I always wanted to buy two more 64 plymouth Valiants. A hardtop, and ragtop to go with my sedan.

1964, Plymouth Valiant Signet convertible. slant 6, 3 speed stick, 96,000 miles. red with white top, red boot, red/white interior. top works and is in average condition. seats are nice, carpet, is good. floors and trunk are very solid. fender skirts. has a few dings and leaks, but runs good, brakes are good. there is some bondo in it. also have a reconditioned radiator that comes with it. not a show car, but a good local cruise night car. a cheap convertible that you can enjoy without a lot of worry. $4900.00. email or call 620-389-2775.

By the way I have nothing to do with this car. I've never been up close to it even. I just don't have the money for it right now.

:notworth:I don't know what it does as far as power is concerned...but you get mad cool points!!! I like it!:thumblef:

I have no idea either really, but it between that and the massive cam, they'll make up for it being slow ;)

I'll be glad to get started on cleaning everything, the car has been sitting for the most part last 2-3 years.

The Valiant made it here finally, after a good wash and some Purple Power yesterday to remove the mold and mildew from a few years of sitting under pine trees, I managed to snap a pic before it got dark. More to come as I get things back in order.

100_3264.jpg

I was wondering what is the tire size ?

They really give the car a sporty look!

Thanks, they're 235/60/14's

grimreaper- very shape '64 you have there. What color is on it? Reminds me a lot of the factory ruby red and the newer mopar inferno red pearl.

Thanks Useless. It's actually a 2007 Ford Redfire Metallic. The formula contains a fair amount of pearl in the basecoat.

Bumping this because it's finally convertible weather!!! :rock: I want early A top down pics you guys!!

I got mine out and drove it around Friday and Saturday a bit, kept the top up since I'm still working on my floor pan patches and have no interior....but it was fun anyway.

Here's my newest pic,, anybody know of another Commando Valiant convertible?

val3.JPG

val.jpg

We all know and love the body and interior styling, but under the hood is where we are individuals.
Also, could some one explain the attaching of photos? I can barely program a VCR. Thanks!

Very nice '66 A383Wing! Love the color combo.

I'm 90-95% done with the floor pan work my '63 Vert. Still a few little more things to do on them, but now I can't stand thru my car! Took it for a drive yesterday afternoon with the top down, pretty great.

Drove the Valiant to work today, still not pretty...but it's paid for!

I really need to put my other trunk lid on....

ValiantSubaruandJack001.jpg

ValiantSubaruandJack002.jpg

ValiantSubaruandJack005.jpg

Bump for a random pic I found on the web, and more top down pics from you guys (I hope)

I guess this is pretty much what mine looked like new:

2980748545_9222956fbb_b.jpg

Reminds me of Miss Hathaway from The Beverly Hillbillies for some reason....

dart4forte, that's a nice blank canvas you've got there...what have you got in mind, stock or something a bit more radical like Johnny's or stroker402's??

dart4forte, that's a nice blank canvas you've got there...what have you got in mind, stock or something a bit more radical like Johnny's or stroker402's??

No, just a plain white top. The top and all the supporting accessories are on order. I need to get a top on it soon in that the interior will start to weather. After looking at your car I may reconsider the wheels option for my 64.

Say, does anyone here that owns a dart vert have a picture of the hold-down mechanism for the manual top? The top is spring loaded so sometype of strap or latch was used, not sure which.

-
Back