Early A Ragtop thread

-
2006 when I found it and now....got the floors cut out and new ones ready to go in...just got to find the time.

dart.jpg

65dart 003.jpg

The Dart and Valiants in Sweden had white or black convertible tops. Was there any othger colors in US or Canada? Did they make convertibles in Brasil , Spain or Argentina?

Here's my unrestored 1966 Valiant Signet factory V8 in June 2005. This was the day after I got her home after driving 300+ miles from Fresno, CA. It is currently undergoing a full resto-mod. All I have left to do is finish the paint which is a very long story.

Yosemite018-1.jpg

Yosemite020.jpg

The Dart and Valiants in Sweden had white or black convertible tops. Was there any othger colors in US or Canada? Did they make convertibles in Brasil , Spain or Argentina?

Can't say I've ever seen anything other than black and white, so I don't think so.

Have never seen any converibles in the other countries either, but they may exsist.

According to my 65 Dodge & Plymouth dealer Data Books, 3 colors were offered for convertible tops on all models: code 580 - Black; Code 581 - Blue and Code 582 - white. It goes on to say "Black & white convertible tops are available with all exterior colors. Blue is available whenever blue trim is specified or with black trim with blue exterior color". I've got brochures for other countries and none show any convertible models at all.

Added: I had a 65 Coronet 440 convertible that was coded blue exterior, blue interior and blue top and it was a sales bank car.

my photoshop avatar has a blue top. I plan to use a canvas top like those fund on bmws and european style cars. should look really sharp. member Wildcat has blue on his 68_69 dart. looks awesome.

Great -66 you have! I like the way they put the GT badge on the convertibles on the 66 compare to nothing on 65s.

I bought my first 1965 Dart conv in 1984. It was the only sold GT convertible in Sweden. I restored it back to orginal condition and painted it bright red as it was from the factory. I had that one until 2006 when I switched to my yellow DartCharger convertible that I currently have. Between 2005 and 2007 I restored another Dart GT conv and change the paint to ruby red and did everything back to stock specs.

And all of this just for having watching a movie back in 1979 when they drove a 65 Dart convertible.......!

That's a nice looking Dart Charger, Did it come from the states recently?

Dart64gt: Nice car. Did you convert the brakes to the dual master cylinder? Are you still running the stock 9" brakes, or have you upgraded? I, too, like this thread!

Dart64gt: Nice car. Did you convert the brakes to the dual master cylinder? Are you still running the stock 9" brakes, or have you upgraded? I, too, like this thread!

I have up graded to the dics brake. Me being in So. Ca. the 9 inch brakes overheat to fast. So I went with the disc and boy what a differance.

Here's mine (both 64's)...I sold the white 270 /6 a couple of months ago, but I'm keeping the 273 GT. Getting ready to put a set of Cragars on it and I'll post before and after pic's...........

Darts_1.jpg

Darts_3.jpg

Really nice '64! It pilled of the later model hubcaps well (which is rare) but it's really sweet with the cragars.

Since it looks like I'll be picking up another early A ragtop soon, I figured now would be a good time to make a early A ragtop thread.

It's been four months since I started this thread and I still don't have my car yet :angry7:. It should be here in a week or so, I'll contribute some pics then :D I'm excited

Really nice '64! It pilled of the later model hubcaps well (which is rare) but it's really sweet with the cragars.

pilled??? Ahhh, pulled off:thumbrig:. I never really liked the hubcaps, any idea what they were off of?

pilled??? Ahhh, pulled off:thumbrig:. I never really liked the hubcaps, any idea what they were off of?

Yeah, sorry, typing too fast I guess.

They're later Dodge hubcaps, like '73-'76 (maybe '72 also?).

I had a '73 Swinger and a '74 Dart Custom, both came with them new. I've got a friend who has a '75 Dart and they look awful on it IMO, your '64 is the only car I've ever seen them look half decent on.

I've always loved the Cragar S/S and they're especially cool on your car since they were introduced in 1964.

Ok, got the Valiant titled and tagged today, I feel good, time for a teaser pic! Sorry it's only the engine, all the exterior pics I have are terrible. More next week after it's home and I clean it up a bit :D

100_0506.jpg

-
Back