Early Barracuda Car-**** Picture thread.

-
Most of you have met Goldie, he's not a Formula S, just acquired the badges after past fender-benders. Goldie will never be a show car. Lots invested in bodywork and paint, dual exhaust, wheels, tires, radiator, even a custom tint job for the rear window. Needs quite a bit more but it's on hold for now, but still likes to get down the road every other week or so. Could not have made it this far without the help of certain FABO members, you know who you are! In three years has never left me stranded!

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 1,117
  • 005.jpg
    144.9 KB · Views: 1,120
Heres my "66, not quite done yet, but are they ever. At least its road worthy so my son and I are going to enjoy like it is for now.
Funny thing is, he took it to school today and when he got home he put it right in the garage. After dinner he needed to run an errand and took moms Explorer, when she asked why he didn't take the Barracuda, he said "Its already tucked in for the night."

Attachments

• Cuda 017.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,074
  • Cuda 018.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • Cuda 019.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 1,047
  • Cuda 020.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 1,074
  • Cuda 022.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,053
Thanks seabee, most of the trim was in pretty bad shape so, being this was a low budget build,(lol) we decided to go with an understated color and let the lines of the car do the talking.

Badart, the painted Mag 500's helped me pull off the understated look, besides, thats what I had laying around the garage for the last 25 yrs.

Here is my 65 Formula S

05091204.jpg

Where did you get the bluestreak tires? Are they 14" Looking for a set or goldlines for my wifes's Signet! All I can find are Redlines!!! PM me1 Thanks Mark

diamond back classics.... link -----> http://www.dbtires.com/

they use radials and they have every combo of colors that came on stock cars...plus they are very decent folks to deal with....very mom & pop company and treat you like family, not just another customer...
I have been using them for my restorations for over 10 years, red & white stripes, gold stripes, blue streaks...they have em all and in any size radial you desire
check em out

PS...gold lines were pretty exclusively used only on Corvettes, mopar never used gold lines...... just sharing info, NOT tellin you what to do.......mopar colors were blue streak and red lines...then RWL's

this one is in san diego too. in my back yard right now waiting for its new motor

Attachments

• cuda with caps.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 986
Thank You!

Do you bring a car to Sonic? what other local cruises do you attend?

My car isn't quite ready for the road just yet so I just spectate for now... You may have seen my dads car at the sonic cruise a few times. He has the 59 Saratoga 2 door hard top that is still in primer. He doesn't take it out much since it still needs painted, but it has been to the sonic cruise a few times and the show at JJ's in St. Charles.

Just got her a month ago. Guy I got her from spent 17 years putting her back together. Adding my touches to her but otherwise just enjoying the living heck out of her. I'm in North atlanta suburbs but have not seen another one yet...in a town this big I'm sure there are a few lurking about.

Attachments

• bk1[1].jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 959
  • bk2[1].jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 966
  • bk3[1].jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 956
  • bk4[1].jpg
    193.4 KB · Views: 936
man that thing is clean! you could eat off it
and don't bet on their being many more of them around you
looking on here I get the illusion that they are everywhere
until I stop and think when was the last time I seen one in person

hey I see you got the pic thing down

Here is mine when it was a driver..laid up for quite some time now.
3.jpg

1a.jpg

2.jpg

Image16.jpg

car%252520004.jpg

340 in top pics, 451 powered in bottom.

Here's mine. Nothing special just a good everyday driver with a 318, vintage air, auto and Pro Sport gauges. It has a 66 rear half with a 65 front clip.
100_0855.jpg

100_0858.jpg

100_0853.jpg

100_0851.jpg

seabee,
I have not been to the chula vista cruise. have been to La mesa on thursday and the elcajon cruise on wednesday. I have never had the barracuda to any cruise though... too embarrased to chug around on 7 cylinders, motor should be in by next summer i hope

Attachments

• cuda with caps.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 871
Just got her a month ago. Guy I got her from spent 17 years putting her back together. Adding my touches to her but otherwise just enjoying the living heck out of her. I'm in North atlanta suburbs but have not seen another one yet...in a town this big I'm sure there are a few lurking about.

Theres one out here in West GA I drive her (Classic Betty).

-
Back