Early Dart companion mirror location

-

toolmanmike

Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I found a nice companion mirror at the Nats. Anybody have one on their car?
Could I get mounting measurements? Thanks, toolmanmike

Attachments

• Mopar Nats 11 045.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 200
You could just measure your drivers side mirror and match it. First, you'll have to decide if you want to look through the vent glass or door glass. It's just that it might look strange if you mount it back too far. Sit in the drivers seat and have someone hold it in place and see if the same measurement that the drivers side has, will work on the passenger side. Make sure the vent glass operation is not blocked.

Thanks for that info Mark. I didn't pay attention to the vent window operation when my son helped me find a home for it. If I in stall it a inch or two back from the drivers mirror, I can see most of the mirror looking around or through the vent frame and it looks pretty good compared to the drivers mirror. I wondered if there was a more specific measurement. I will have to look in the service manual to see if there are measurements. Mike

I don't remember ever seeing a stock RH mirror for a '66 and older A-body. I've seen many add-ons through the years but not one listed on a broadcast sheet. I'd be interested if you find a factory installation diagram for one. Maybe Mopar came out with a kit later on?

I don't remember ever seeing a stock RH mirror for a '66 and older A-body. I've seen many add-ons through the years but not one listed on a broadcast sheet. I'd be interested if you find a factory installation diagram for one. Maybe Mopar came out with a kit later on?

Passenger side mirror was an option, right from Mopar.

If I remember correctly, the one I bought in 1976,
inside the box was a templet, {made of thick paper if I recall}.

I've got a pic of one factory installed here somewhere. The base of that mirror sits higher up or closer to the belt molding. I can turn it into a long cable remote control mirror if you want.

Passenger side mirror was an option, right from Mopar.

If I remember correctly, the one I bought in 1976,
inside the box was a templet, {made of thick paper if I recall}.
But I think it was an "after-install".....not a factory install....right?

But I think it was an "after-install".....not a factory install....right?

According to the sales code book, sales code #537 Mirror - outside RH manual
for 1966 so they were available to order from the factory. I looked in the service manual but didn't find any info. There was a diagram as to where to drill holes for a radio antenna.

Mike they were available in 66 my Dart has both,my 66 parts catalogue has 2 part #'s for left and right sides i"ll measure mine for you tomorow.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 132
According to the sales code book, sales code #537 Mirror - outside RH manual
for 1966 so they were available to order from the factory. I looked in the service manual but didn't find any info. There was a diagram as to where to drill holes for a radio antenna.
I only see the 537 RH mirror code for the '67 and newer models. Maybe it was available real late in '66? What's the date on your sales code book?

Mike they were available in 66 my Dart has both,my 66 parts catalogue has 2 part #'s for left and right sides i"ll measure mine for you tomorow.
The ones on your Dart look to be the twin post manual mirrors, correct? My understanding was if you wanted a RH mirror on a '67-9 model, you had to have a remote LH one. What part numbers do you have for the mirrors? I have a factory parts manual and only find two mirrors listed.....the manual mirror.... and the remote mirror....both driver side. They do list a 3rd mirror but it is supposed to be for a Police car only so we won't go there! :) The only RH mirror I find in the '66 parts manual is for an Imperial. Do you have a copy of your broadcast sheet that shows a RH mirror?
Thanks, Mark

The right side non-remote control mirror became an option from Chrysler November 24 1964. I have the announcement sheet from Chrysler incl partsnumber and price.

I drilled a couple holes and mounted my mirror today. Sure is nice backing out of the driveway and being able to see. I installed my door panel trim too. No more peeling chrome. The door looked good inside. I vacuumed a few leaves out but it was quite clean and rust free. toolman

Attachments

• 100_5997.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 117
  • 100_6001.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 100_6007.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 90
-
Back