Easiest 727/904 rebuild thread...

-
Haha jdog's "rebuilds" worked "perfectly"..all two of 'em, lol....Please keep me on ignore like you promised. I know you are a bullshit poser because your first move was to misnomer parts. That's always a ploy to miscredit anybody who says you're wrong. You use confusion to detract from your lameness. Some guys want receipts and written warranties; they're the ones who can't read my ads and understand them; or just don't understand the terminology; too lazy to google it...as if a warranty means a damn thing when your trans doesn't work right and has to come back out....worthless.. If you had enough respect for doing things right, you would make sure that you chose words that didn't invite confusion. I'm just here to pick up the pieces..

Haha jdog's "rebuilds" worked "perfectly"..all two of 'em, lol....Please keep me on ignore like you promised. I know you are a bullshit poser because your first move was to misnomer parts. That's always a ploy to miscredit anybody who says you're wrong. You use confusion to detract from your lameness. Some guys want receipts and written warranties; they're the ones who can't read my ads and understand them; or just don't understand the terminology; too lazy to google it...as if a warranty means a damn thing when your trans doesn't work right and has to come back out....worthless.. If you had enough respect for doing things right, you would make sure that you chose words that didn't invite confusion. I'm just here to pick up the pieces..
If you were a legitimate business man you would provide your costumer with a receipt. lol
I guess you like to fly under the radar.
kinda like your hit and run bullshit here.

I'm not a licensed businessman. Go have a businessman rebuild your trans, lol.. I build automatics for mostly street racers. If I was I would have to double my prices. Would you feel better then? Then at least from the other guys you'd have a few pieces of paper that you could show off when your trans leaks and does funny stuff. Why don't you guys make up your minds...do you want a back yard do it yourself slapjob...or a piece of paper? Either way; you lose. I AM NOT A LEGITIMATE BUSINESSMAN; never said I was or claimed to be. If anybody ever has a problem; even with somebody else's trans, I'll help out...unless you're a dick, then I'll just block your number....I would def block most of you.

If you were a legitimate business man you would provide your costumer with a receipt. lol
I guess you like to fly under the radar.
kinda like your hit and run bullshit here.

The 5th Tit is not a legitimate business man , if he was he wouldn't rant and rave like a 15 year old wanker :rofl: :thumbsup:

Notice how no other rebuilder is willing to comment? That's because I'm saying all the things that they wish they had the guts to say to all the stupid questions stupid people ask. Most of you guys want to be treated like you know something about automatics, but a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing. You want a warranty to cover your screw-ups. Guys break pumps or start them with no fluid and then ask me how much to fix. I say I don't even wanna work for you no more. Look at TCI's warranty. If you send them back a trans with a broken pump, not only will they not even work on it, but you still have to pay shipping both ways. Read it. I know the other rebuilders are reading this thread just to get a good laugh at all the dummies who wanna be treated with respect as tho they know something. I don't give a rat's *** cuz I'm always booked up solid. And that's with NO PAPERWORK WHATSOEVER. You don't even get a receipt from me. Sure, I'll help out after the fact, but it's always the morons who break **** then expect somebody else to clean up their mess. I don't care if you're dumb enough to follow the lame *** advice jpar is giving you cuz there's always some dummy thinking it's as simple as taking stuff apart and getting it back together. Sometimes it is; and more power to ya...but when that dog isn't working right and you don't know why...that's okay...that's what I AM HERE FOR. I will answer anybody's questions about what they might have screwed up in their "rebuild"...even YOURS jpar.. See, if I rebuilt it, then I know it CAN"T be an internal problem. I come on here for fun to help out the poor slob who is at his wit's end. I look forward to laughing at your mistakes while I'm helping you straighten out your mess.
Why don’t you offer some tips to help someone avoid breaking their pump or to verify that they have their converter and flex plate aligned properly.
Even if some other builders came on here to comment, I’m sure they would not call everyone asses, and dummies and morons.
Jpar has barely even started his thread and this thread has turned into being all about you. The only mistakes made in this thread so far have been you telling he was wasting his time disassembling the low reverse servo
and a bad photo that looked like the retainer was upside down,
You could have said that most of the time it is not necessary to disassemble it and advise a good visual of the assembly. But in his case the spring was broken. That mistake is on you. Anyone, even a pro like you, can make a mistake on a bad day.
This is the exact "horse crap" he wants in your head... I've said it several times I don't know much about 727's or 904's... BUT everyone I've rebuilt has worked 100% flawless...
Because how "SIMPLE" they are ..
Just keep in mind if you let this hack job rebuild your transmission you won't get a receipt for the work and anything that goes wrong it's "YOUR FAULT"!!!... He's incapable of making a mistake..
There's no magic... Just simple mechanical hydraulic fluid diversion... The systems are easily testable with air before SIMPLE assembly....
The transmission shop supervisor (now retired) who gave me advice on my first 904 said "if one of his men couldn't rebuild at least three 904's in a shift they wouldn't have a job very long"...
Every time hack job opens his mouth he leaves no doubt.... My favorite is when he makes stuff up ...
And by the way no reputable transmission builder would comment and tangle with this turd and risk getting stinky...
Should only be a couple more days and back on the 904...
Hack turd back on egnor....
Jpar just put him back on ignore and continue on.

....they're the ones who can't read my ads and understand them...

well, to be fair the ad copy in your craigslist ads is a little jumbled and difficult to parse.

a few paragraph breaks would really go a long way toward the message being a little more legible.

btw, i think you could've fit a few more "Red Eagle Racing Clutches" and semicolons in there too!

I have only rebuilt one transmission. Just one! I'm pretty sure no one was born into this world having rebuilt 1000 transmissions, which means everyone started by rebuilding their first one. EVERYONE!!

When I was preparing to rebuild my first transmission, I researched. I bought a book, I got a copy of the old school video, and I read and read threads on FABO.

If I'm thinking correctly, this is a forum to exchange information - mainly about a-body Mopars. Here we have a member taking his time to upload photos while posting information about how HE is going about rebuilding a transmission.

I don't see anywhere he asked to be critiqued about the way HE rebuilds transmissions. Members who browse through threads are smart enough to know the posters may not be professionals in what they are writing about. The original poster even started out explaining his experience level with transmissions.

Everyone is free to start their own thread about rebuilding transmissions, or engines, or differentials, or alternators, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc. There are thousands of "how-to" threads and very little negative comments in those threads. There are probably more in this thread than ALL other threads combined. Damn.

Stop the exchange folks. CFHJ is having fun. Let him post, learn from his expertise, and disregard the rhetoric.

I unlocked my ignored people for this page to see what everybody was talking about...
Well I leave it up to the masses to decide whether they want this hack job guy to rebuild their transmission and if anything goes wrong remember it's your fault...
Or follow my own advice and rebuild your own transmission at virtually no cost and if anything goes wrong it's your fault LOL...
You won't have to deal with this know it all...
Listen to the way this guy goes on... I wouldn't waste my pee on his head if his hair was on fire...
Let alone bring him a transmission expecting any kind of good customer service...
I considered ”unlocking the ignore” as I was also curious. But in the end I just couldn’t make myself do it!

@CudaFactHackJob, have you started a transmission rebuild thread? That might be a good idea. You could show people how you do it and the readers could decide which rebuild thread to follow.

As a moderator, maybe you should lobby to remove the "Red "X" so that people can't disagree with bad advice. Anybody can overhaul a TF, but there are more ways to do it wrong than there are ways to do it right. Are you willing to just let bad advice stand? I thought there was some oversight on here to handle that type of thing. If you don't want me to post disagreements with bad advice then you're just going to have to ban me. Go ahead.

As a moderator, maybe you should lobby to remove the "Red "X" so that people can't disagree with bad advice. Anybody can overhaul a TF, but there are more ways to do it wrong than there are ways to do it right. Are you willing to just let bad advice stand? I thought there was some oversight on here to handle that type of thing. If you don't want me to post disagreements with bad advice then you're just going to have to ban me. Go ahead.
I'm not the one to pick and choose who is right and who is wrong. I have been inside a few T flites but not enough to call someone out for spouting bad information. If we ask another transmission guru or two they may find fault with your ways or procedures. That's what sucks about the internet. Everybody is a frickin expert. Some are and some aren't. That's up to the readers to do their homework and decide who to follow.

I'm not the one to pick and choose who is right and who is wrong. I have been inside a few T flites but not enough to call someone out for spouting bad information. If we ask another transmission guru or two they may find fault with your ways or procedures. That's what sucks about the internet. Everybody is a frickin expert. Some are and some aren't. That's up to the readers to do their homework and decide who to follow.

EXACTLY. The reader has to do their own homework or you can get easily burned.

And even sometimes then, it is not wrong, it is just a different way to achieve the same thing.

And even sometimes then, it is not wrong, it is just a different way to achieve the same thing.
My dad always said there's the right way, wrong way and my way. lol
I chose his way. It's been better than the right way.

I don’t think anyone wants to ban you.
We want you to participate in a respectful way and share your personal knowledge.
And when you disagree with a post, be sure you have your facts correct and don’t assume. I personally have seen you do this before, but I cannot figure what your beef is with this thread.

My dad always said there's the right way, wrong way and my way. lol
I chose his way. It's been better than the right way.
Well just for example, if someone was going to remove their front pump by threading bolts into and up against the machine gasket surface, this would burr up and score the machined surface. I would call that wrong.
But if a guy knows to use a couple of slide hammers to pull the pump, all is good imho,
But so is two pieces of threaded rod and a 2x4 with a hammer. To me that is not wrong.
Not everyone has to own the latest snap on tool to do the same thing. Imho
But I have also seen experience builders on YouTube knock the pump out from inside the case with a rod, probably to save time.
Probably ok for a very experienced builder who knows what to watch out for like Cudaback mentioned, but perhaps that would not be the way to teach a newby on his very first rebuild.

Why not go on every build thread and disparage the guy...or gal...who is trying to help others? Why limit it to transmission rebuilds?

If I can't be of help, I won't post It's not productive to go on a thread and bad mouth someone just trying to help others.

Just got back from the family stuff... Tomorrow I'm going to be able to get to my vice when I move my truck... I'll be able to get the retainer snap ring out of the drum behind the pump...
Anyways we'll get this moving in a forward direction again..
:thumbsup:

The 5th Tit is not a legitimate business man , if he was he wouldn't rant and rave like a 15 year old wanker :rofl: :thumbsup:
To be fair i know of some of the most bad azz torqueflights that came out of a garage in Coon Rapids MN…..

-
Back