Easy Run Engine Test Stand

-
Had to order up a couple of radiator hoses from autozone, gotta go pick them up ....
Did a little more wiring...got the fuel pump done....wired in a electric water pump by adding another switch to the panel.
Need to get starter installed....everything is sitting there....

Now the problem I am having getting the inner springs out...these heads have titanium spring retainer, the valve spring removing is having issue slipping off the retainer as they are sloping off... the steel retainer are flat...
trying to figure out a work around.....tried to squeeze the head thinner...did not work...

Tomorrow problem....Going to Mopar at the Strip in a couple of hours....

Got half of the inter springs removed....took the titanium retainer off and used a chrome moly retainer that is flat....I could put the titanium back on went i am done...
Will finish the inter springs in the morning....going was watch the Las Vegas Raiders get there *** kicked ....lol
Then get the rockers back on....intake bolted down.....test the ignition ..Davis Unified Distributor....HEI made for mopar...plenty of room and only two wire....12 volts for the coil and wire for the tach..

So later this week ...should be running...

Then we break in a 390....then 410...

Getting pretty close...I always said TTi headers are the easiiest to put on...LOL...except for one bolt that always give me trouble No.5 exhaust...
All the inter springs removed..

As of now...I gotta put plug wires on....Need fuel line to carb...and battery....
I have never used this DUI distributor....so got back up ready to go...lol

20210914_192412.jpg

20210914_192355.jpg

I really like the valve spring compressor.

Yes...it makes changing springs simple that are on the engine....in car or not.

It looks like it would be easy to copy too
Yeah, I'm thinkin maybe one for a slant 6.

getting closer.....had a few wires to tie off....all is done...got the distributor in with plug wires...and hopefully pointing the right way...and hopefully it fires...

borrowed battery out of race car....hooked it up......water pump works..i added extra switch for it on panel......fan works.....fuel pump...not sure as i need to get gas...
I hit the starter button and the engine cranked for a second.....but went i hooked up the coil wire the to DUI hot lead it blew a fuse on the Easy run stand,,,,,

still waiting on carb fuel log...ups says friday...Saturday for sure unless I have ignition problems...

found out the module in the HEI distributor was bad...blowing the fuse.....replaced...
got gas.....turned on pump nothing.....hit fuel pump with wrench half dozen time....now it works...amazing.
and for fun...i began filling the radiator...and found out I left out a bolt in the timing chain cover...the one that the water pump hides....Removed water pump...screw in bolt...bolt water pump back on...LOL

waiting on UPS man for fuel line

Got the fuel line hooked up...then both needle and seats had to be removed and cleaned as the gas shot out of the vent,,,,

hit the starter button and got one pop....then nothing....DUI Hei module blew the fuse again...I am done with that thing..

Had another HEI distributor...but needs coil...got the E coil off the shelf...my daughter zip tied it to the engine stand...then we proceeded to put the plug wires one post off....
after figuring that one out...moved wires around...bingo ...fires immediately...got about 15 minutes of break in time on it...as it got hot...

We had a valve cover leaking on the passenger side...as you can see some smoke ever so often...

Will take off valve covers in morning and check rockers out...run it for a few more minutes....cool off and replace inter valve springs..

Going to replace inter valve springs this afternoon....run it one more time ....check valves...back off rockers....and bag it .....spare motor...

yeah.....got the inner springs back on....adjusted valves...fired it up....ran still it got warmed up...then killed it..
Got it off the test stand this morning....back on to the engine stand...going to wrap it this afternoon...Done...

Moving on to next project..

Next up in a couple of days is a 318 Stroker motor...aka 390 inches...Had to disassemble the engine and fix something I screwed up on.....Should be all back together Saturday or Sunday.

390 has MP 4 inch cast crank internally balanced
Icon 847 dished pistons 9.5 compression.
scat i beam rods
MP 571 oval cam [email protected] 106 advanced to 104
crane roller rockers
Speedmaster CNC heads with PAC valve springs and competition VJ done by local machine shop. Heads were on 75 Duster went it ran 11.19 in a 360
Holley SD intake

Very nice run stand, Tony!

ok,,,,the 390 is about ready to go .....waiting on one more thing ...Canton oil filter adapter...Amazon says Sunday night
From what i have read stroked 318 are the fastest engines around.........lol

Need a set of spark plugs too.

20211002_125424.jpg

20211002_125435.jpg

Getting pretty close...I always said TTi headers are the easiiest to put on...LOL...except for one bolt that always give me trouble No.5 exhaust...
All the inter springs removed..

As of now...I gotta put plug wires on....Need fuel line to carb...and battery....
I have never used this DUI distributor....so got back up ready to go...lol

View attachment 1715790767

View attachment 1715790768
very nice setup and the engine as well.

390 is mounted on the stand got a few thing left to hook up,,,mostly headers....water in the radiator....and couple wires..

Got oil primed this afternoon....

might getting running tomorrow....got doctor's appt in afternoon....

20211003_170340.jpg

-
Back