eBay bidders driving up prices again....

-
If the parts were still priced as 20 years ago the cars would be the same also. Imagine selling a fully restored car for 5 grand. By the parts prices going up the car prices have also. Parts cars that sell for a grand were a hundred 20 years ago and with a car at the scrap yard bringing 500 there would be no parts because all the cars would be crushed and sent to China.

i went to my local u pull n pay and found a mint wheel ,cap, and adaptor off a 77 ramcharger ,walked out of there with it for 14.99 !

Yeah, E-Bay kinda sucks, however if you have a part you wanna buy or sell it's worldwide at your finger tips. I have the best luck and get my best deals going to swap
meets, but always can't wait til then.

You need to relax a bit, people are entitled to there opinion....

You are correct Fat! I have been buying and selling cars and parts longer than a lot of you guys have been on this earth. Sure we can complain about E bay/craigslist-parts too expensive,cars too expensive/everybody else is taking the fun out of this hobby/nobody is giving me expensive parts so that I can have what I want/Joe's girlfriend is sexier than mine/Get over it!!!! If your name is not Jay Leno-then you probably will NEVER have the same type of cars that he has.Enjoy these cars and the hobby for exactly what it is.Jealousy is a sickness,it can and will eat you up.

Double edged sword.
Larger base of buyers and sellers.
More potential parts.
Larger cross section of human personalities.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes neither.

Good value can still be had, if you do your homework and are patient.

...of course this also means that all the buying and selling of these parts is now occuring at an accelerated rate...and the supply is pretty much finite!

Between eBay, Barrett Jackson, and the other televised auctions, the collector car hobby is quickly becoming a rich man's hobby, and I, for one, think that sucks.

Cars, parts, engines, no matter what condition, are considered to be made of gold by sellers. Cars that I would pay $250.00 for, people are asking $2500.00 for.

Brand doesn't seem to matter, either.

Personally, I'm getting pretty sick of the gouging that has become S.O.P. it what was once a friendly hobby.

the ebay/barrett problem is rich people but not necessarily enthusiasts - i find they buy because it's the latest fad to own a 60's musclecar which has inflated the market like the apollo rocket - 50,000, 70,000, 120,000 whats the diff if your rich and want it - then the prices start setting standards because media reports the high recorded prices and on and on and on......

these wannabe's don't even drive em cause they don't ride like the Benz

I myself enjot the hunt and scrounge of locating parts - mainly because i'm cheap err thrifty , but it is gettin harder.... my 2c

Damn, I just sold an adapter for $20 shipped. I need to start going to ebay!!!!

NOT. If I have it and it will help someone out. But I hope that if I sell something here cheap that whoever gets it don't just wanna turn a BIG profit.

-
Back