eBay bidders driving up prices again....

-
Thats just stupid. Some folks have more money than brains and like to prove it over and over and over and over,etc....

Yea about 2 weeks ago one went for $152!!! Freaking ridiculous in my opinion the joy of owning ANY classic American Metal is becoming out of reach for the working man :(

WTH, why is this part selling for so much? They need to repop these, they already make the damn wheels but no adapters...? No wonder they are going for so much...should sell my extra ones!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-TUFF-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2c609acac7

Yea about 2 weeks ago one went for $152!!! Freaking ridiculous in my opinion the joy of owning ANY classic American Metal is becoming out of reach for the working man

Some people are not very smart.
As a savy buyer you have just to shop the market and strike when the price is right.

Sold for $83.00.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-TUFF-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a154fa398

Sold for $72.00.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOPAR-TUFF-...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2a1584f3f1

Well it ain't the seller's fault. He started it out at a dang good price.....unless he's got some buddies drivin it up for him.

Freaking ridiculous in my opinion the joy of owning ANY classic American Metal is becoming out of reach for the working man :(

That's a pretty grounded statement. I used to find it easy as hell to swap and trade around to get one goin with just factory stuff. And all the fancy aftermarket stuff was for the guys with money. Now it's hard just to piece something up with used parts. At least for me.

Yup, need to shop around. I found one last year for $16 on eBay...and it also included all the steering column collar parts for a floor shift car!!! :happy2:

This has been my complaint for YEARS around here. There are a lot of folks around here with the money to buy anything they want and damn the consequenses for anyone else,because these money guys simply DONT CARE.

Rob is right,simply piecing together stuff is getting very hard. Thats what Im stuck with..

Yea about 2 weeks ago one went for $152!!! Freaking ridiculous in my opinion the joy of owning ANY classic American Metal is becoming out of reach for the working man :(

That's a pretty grounded statement. I used to find it easy as hell to swap and trade around to get one goin with just factory stuff. And all the fancy aftermarket stuff was for the guys with money. Now it's hard just to piece something up with used parts. At least for me.

I agree. Every time I try to tell a young guy here that its not a young man's game because of the silly prices I get bashed.

Funny thing is your right Joe. Not a young mans game unless he has a rich Dad or a very good paying job.

I have a stockpile of E body adaptors. They are going for about $15-$25.
Now that I have a MIG welder, I can cut a couple down and weld them back.

Up till about a month ago, the A/B body ones were going for $50-$70.
I got one ealier this year for $65.

Sometimes the heat of the auction makes people stupid.
I forget what the item was, but there were two or three of the same thing I was watchng. One had a buy it now of $69, and another got bid up to over $100.
WTF? Identical item!!!

No reason to single a member out......aint got nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all....

I got the same exact shroud here on FABO from a great member for $60 or $75...can't remember but it is perfect.

I couldn't agree with you more. I like e Bay because of the wide sellers base. I have found some obscure parts that I would never find at a swap meet. I have paid way too much for junk though. You're limited to a few photos and a inflated description from the seller. Your steering wheel adapter reminds me of headlight bezels for 66 Darts. I have yet to put together a reasonably nice pair that could just be stripped of the anodizing and polished. Most are dented to mangled and go for a hundred. I bid on a couple NOS ones but backed off bidding when they went over $300/each. I'm building a 66 Dart not a friggin Hemi Cuda. Repop? I wish. tmm

Between eBay, Barrett Jackson, and the other televised auctions, the collector car hobby is quickly becoming a rich man's hobby, and I, for one, think that sucks.

Cars, parts, engines, no matter what condition, are considered to be made of gold by sellers. Cars that I would pay $250.00 for, people are asking $2500.00 for.

Brand doesn't seem to matter, either.

Personally, I'm getting pretty sick of the gouging that has become S.O.P. it what was once a friendly hobby.

Yup, like your 66, mine has several 1-year only parts too, sure is a ***** to find good affordable parts.

I have a stockpile of E body adaptors. They are going for about $15-$25.
Now that I have a MIG welder, I can cut a couple down and weld them back.

Up till about a month ago, the A/B body ones were going for $50-$70.
I got one ealier this year for $65.

Sometimes the heat of the auction makes people stupid.
I forget what the item was, but there were two or three of the same thing I was watchng. One had a buy it now of $69, and another got bid up to over $100.
WTF? Identical item!!!

So you can cut E-body ones down to fit A-body's?
I so I have a complete 71 cuda column that I use.
How much has to come out?

Yep! I like it that it isn't a cookie cutter car but it is a ***** for some parts. I must have 4 or 5 sets and none are close to perfect. I might as well bite the bullet and send a pair away to be done. $500+ a pair. Ouch!

Its one of the few e-body parts I have left and it still has a nice wheel on it.

Between eBay, Barrett Jackson, and the other televised auctions, the collector car hobby is quickly becoming a rich man's hobby, and I, for one, think that sucks.

Cars, parts, engines, no matter what condition, are considered to be made of gold by sellers. Cars that I would pay $250.00 for, people are asking $2500.00 for.

Brand doesn't seem to matter, either.

Personally, I'm getting pretty sick of the gouging that has become S.O.P. it what was once a friendly hobby.

YUP! I've been bitching for quite a while and I either get "too bad you cant afford it or "go buy a chevy". The rich folks who pay these stupid prices are ruining the hobby for all,imho. Then again maybe they just want an exclusive club,where if you cant afford it thats fine it's the way they want it?

I cant see anyone on a restricted budget EVER OVERPAYING no matter how bad they need the part. A tight budget demands you wait and buy the most reasonably priced part you can find. Isure dont have extra money,so I always have to look for a long time. Then I get outbid on ebay 99% of the time because Im only willing to pay a reasonable price.

I much prefer buying and selling here,as at least most folks are reasonable.Craigslist has been very good to me as well.

Id love to see a boycott of all the overpriced crap sold in the catalogues...

-
Back