Ebay Feedback....

What to do?

• Not leave any feedback?

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • Leave negative feedback?

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • She tossed in something extra so leave positive feedback?

Votes: 19 67.9%

• Total voters
-

inkjunkie

Reaction score
Recently purchased 22 quilting DVD's for the Boss. Seller told me she was going to ship them the Monday prior to Christmas. Never got notification on the shipping. I contacted her last Friday, asking if they were shipped. Got a message from FB that they were shipped an hour later, USPS First Class, as stated on EBay....with no tracking number. Seller sent me a message yesterday, apologizing for the delay. Both her and her son were sick. Said they would be going out today and that she was going to toss another DVD in the box for the delay in shipping. What would you do?

IMO,
Make sure you get the stuff you ordered first.

Neutral feedback for the deceptive delay (how it reads to me) unless the perk makes up for it in your book.

You do get to rate Ebay feedback with Stars for things such as shipping. Leave 1 star for shipping. Rate communication with 1 star. Then the others rate how you feel, I would also leave honest feedback as well. Maybe not negative but neutral if your happy with all the items and the free item.

Almost sounds like she forgot about you, until you sent the message about shipping. I think that if she was really telling the truth, then she would have upgraded the shipping at no cost to you. She could have been to sick to get out to the post office, but that shouldn't have stopped her from communicating with, just to let you know her situation. I personally would leave negative feedback. How is her feedback record now, if it's 100%, then maybe her excuse is legit.

tough crowd-- S*** happens-- if it was an honest mistake & you get your items --move on-- I would say something about the slow shipping but at Christmas time shipping is slow,, I do not know about you --but the week before Christmas is quite hectic in my household.

if you get the items, extra dvd, slow ship-- still leave a positive in my book.
Lawrence

The CDC is getting ready to upgrade this year's flu status to epidemic. Kitty and I have JUST NOW begun to get over it after almost two solid weeks. So, it's entirely possible she had more to worry about than quiltin C/Ds. No offense.

If I get my stuff, even if it's a little late and even with no trackin info, I always leave positive feedback and the maximum star rating.....what is it? 4? 5?

I look at it like this. If I pay and I get what I paid for in good or as advertised condition, it's a success. I don't sweat the little things. That's how "I" do it, your results may vary.

I would leave positive if you get them because the seller appologized and sent xtra for your troubles.

I always leave a positive unless I know someone
purposely was deceptive. You never know what
someone may be going thru that caused the delay.
I have only had 2 out of nearly 500 auctions that I
feel the persons were dishonest. Most people are
decent even if slow.

honestly, I get so excited about actually getting stuff I sometimes forget to even leave feedback. I know , im weird. that is actually an option if you cant decide lol

I have over 800 feedback on ebag. One out of every 100-150 auctions is a nut case. I think your case is nowhere near a negative experience as long as you get your item. She apologized and sent you an extra item. Like VDART stated tough crowd. I used to run 50-60 auctions a week and it is very easy to make a mistake. I think everyone should sell not just buy. They would be way way more understanding. With Christmas/flu etc she is late. She apologized and tried to make it up to you by giving you more than you paid for. ?????????

I have over 800 feedback on ebag. One out of every 100-150 auctions is a nut case. I think your case is nowhere near a negative experience as long as you get your item. She apologized and sent you an extra item. Like VDART stated tough crowd. I used to run 50-60 auctions a week and it is very easy to make a mistake. I think everyone should sell not just buy. They would be way way more understanding. With Christmas/flu etc she is late. She apologized and tried to make it up to you by giving you more than you paid for. ?????????

Right on the money! Selling on eBay in any volume and dealing with everything that is involved ain't a piece of cake.

Like a lot of you guys, I have done both buying and selling on ebay.
There has been a time when I waited 2 weeks for a person to ship my purchase. His excuse was that it didn't bring what he thought it would so he wasn't about to make a trip to the post office until it was convenient for him. My theory on that is that if I didn't want or need what was being sold then I wouldn't have bid on it.
That's why I said to check the sellers previous history to see if she has done this before. But then it seems that wouldn't help because most of you guys wouldn't even mention slow shipping. I say leave honest feedback.

If you get what you are supposed to and it's only a week late I'd leave positive feedback.

Was it life or death waiting an extra week for a quilting disc?

I ordered a book for my AutoCAD class from Amazon (our school bookstore didn't carry it). It said in good used condition. When it arrived, they just threw it in a postal envelope and sent it on its way.

When I got it, the binding was now getting beat up. I left a feedback stating that I wasn't happy with the condition of the book as I had received it and that the packaging was terrible and the seller should have packed it better (they could have put it in a box with some protection).

They responded to my feedback and sent me an email offering to let me pick out another book for the same price or send me a gift certificate for another purchase from the same seller....

I just ignored that and kept the book as I still needed it for my class, but was disappointed that it was not in the condition that it was listed for. there was another one in similar condition for within $5 of that one....

For someone who sells regularly, they should have known to pack it better. I don't feel bad about leaving the feedback for them that I did....

The CDC is getting ready to upgrade this year's flu status to epidemic. Kitty and I have JUST NOW begun to get over it after almost two solid weeks. So, it's entirely possible she had more to worry about than quiltin C/Ds. No offense.

If I get my stuff, even if it's a little late and even with no trackin info, I always leave positive feedback and the maximum star rating.....what is it? 4? 5?

I look at it like this. If I pay and I get what I paid for in good or as advertised condition, it's a success. I don't sweat the little things. That's how "I" do it, your results may vary.

Amen!

having buying and selling on feebay, I must say, they tend to maybe "over-protect" the buyer at the expense of the honest seller. I understand they have to run a tight ship no doubt.

It takes a pretty obvious case of sorryass for me to leave any neg feed, just me. I've pretty much quit selling anything on there, too many fees, long trips to send it of when i don't need to make that 35 mi trip to town...., too much crap for me... I still make purchases on there that are things I need and priced FAIR not stupid!

You do get to rate Ebay feedback with Stars for things such as shipping. Leave 1 star for shipping. Rate communication with 1 star. Then the others rate how you feel, I would also leave honest feedback as well. Maybe not negative but neutral if your happy with all the items and the free item.

:hello2: I agree with this 100% but only after it arrives and is completed.

First transaction I ever did on Ebay I got a Negative for non payment.
After the auction was over I paid then I get a message from the little bstrd that he wanted more for the motor I bought for my kids motorcyle (Needed a parts motor)

He said he could only sell it for $100 without having to give Paypal more money, but that he wanted $125 or he wasn't selling it and to just send a money order for $125.
I Paypaled him $100 right at auction close, and told him I wasn't sending a MO until he returned the $100 via Paypal.
That's when he gave me a negative for non payment and refused to ship the motor at all.

After contacting Paypal and Ebag both and sending them copies of the emails and messages, they agreed he was pulling crap on me and them both and returned my original Paypal payment but refused to remove the negative for non payment.
They said they issued him a warning, but I still have that negative (the only one ever)

Nevermind. fallin on deaf ears anyway.

-
Back