edelbrock 2PSP VS performer

-

caferacerx

BAND MEMBER
Reaction score
going on a stock 2 barrel 273 in a 67 dart with 904 and 600 cfm edelbrock carb

both are dual plane small port does anyone know what the difference is?
thanks for any help

The performer is made for just that, the SP2P is a economy/mileage intake and is not recomended for performance. I say LD4B...

JOE

Curious about this too.... I have the sp2p on my stockish 318 (all stock except for 340 cam) and although i've heard about this intake being an economy intake, what is the actual loss in tq/hp vs RPM relative to the performer? I'm wondering if i were to upgrade to the performer would i notice any real difference for street use?

Curious about this too.... I have the sp2p on my stockish 318 (all stock except for 340 cam) and although i've heard about this intake being an economy intake, what is the actual loss in tq/hp vs RPM relative to the performer? I'm wondering if i were to upgrade to the performer would i notice any real difference for street use?

seeing as you are using one, I guess
the real question is "how do you like it?"

caferacerx,
well, it's all relative! I can't compare unless i have a reference... I've got a wimpy stockish 318 - no way for me to know if the performance i have is limited by the intake unless i swap intakes and either make a seat-of-the-pants comparison (not very quantitative) or better yet do a dyno/track run (prob not gonna happen).

I've got stock 318 large chamber heads so i know my compression sucks. Have a set of 302's that will eventually slap on but at that point do i also swap the intake to a performer? Problem there will be how will i know what made me make more power; the heads or the intake or both?

That's all my original post was asking: if anyone had made just the intake swap on a stockish low cube motor for street use.

-
Back