Edelbrock Airgap

-

72dart4me

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been talked about before, but here we go.

I've got a 1972 Dart Swinger and looking to replace my old Edelbrock Streetmaster.

Will there be noticeable performance increase?
Will the airgap fit under the hood?
LA360 .060 over with 596 heads ported 9.4to1compression
268 Comp Cam stock crank and rods.

Thanks
Jeremy

Can't tell you about performance because I haven't used a dif intake, but it does clear the hood (for me at least)

The street-master is an old and in my opinion outdated design.

The RPM or RPM air gap are probably the most recommended manifold on this forum.

From what I have seen...

Get the Normal RPM if it is a full time street can and/or you live in colder areas.

Get the Air gap if you won't have or don't care about warm up issues.

Both should fit under the hood and both will be way better than what you are running.

I had an Edelbrock dual plane in my 318. I have recently replaced the 318 with a new 360 (.30 over) I built and put on the Edelbrock air gap. Runs great. I chose it because four of my Mopar buds swear my them. Good response, good cooling (I live in Fl.) I am glad I listened to them.

I had a RPM Air Gap on a warm little 318 I built, and put in a 69 Swinger...I used a 3310 VS Holley 750 and with the 14x3 aircleaner the carb stud hit the hood just a lil' bit...not bad enough to dimple it but it did hit.

FYI...don't know what kinda carb or air cleaner your gonna use.

The RPM or RPM air gap are probably the most recommended manifold on this forum.

Most likely due to excellent design work, good quality control and it was out first so it does get alot of press since no one else had been able to clone one for a long time without leagal issues.

Weiand also makes a similar designed unit, (Street Warrior) but not for the Mopars yet.
Crosswinds/Summit racing have a similar design. How well there cast/made, etc..... I don't know.

Ya gotta love it when Vic Jr. is quoted as saying "This (Mopar) intake makes power toe to toe and flows just as good as the Chevy intake does. This is one great intake!"

It is very capable!

I've got a 1972 Dart Swinger and looking to replace my old Edelbrock Streetmaster.

Thanks
Jeremy

Performance increase ?................Without a doubt,especially in the upper rpm's.
Will it fit under my hood ?..........More than likely you will need a drop down air-cleaner if you use a carb spacer of some sort. No biggie !!!!!

I have a 1970 Dart,360,Edelbrock carb. I use a 1" heat insulater spacer, and a drop down air-cleaner and it fits fine.

all I know is I have an air gap, with a 2in spacer and a 5in filter, then again I have a six pack scoop

I went from an M1 single plane to the Airgap on my 360 what a difference. Much more streetable, pulls from idle up. No hood clearance issues on my 64 with a 1/2" heatspacer and 3" dropbase air cleaner.
You won't be disappointed.........

Bob

I had a RPM Air Gap on a warm little 318 I built, and put in a 69 Swinger...I used a 3310 VS Holley 750 and with the 14x3 aircleaner the carb stud hit the hood just a lil' bit...not bad enough to dimple it but it did hit.

FYI...don't know what kinda carb or air cleaner your gonna use.

I've got a 650 Edelbrock AVS with a '70 roadrunner Duel snorkle air cleaner

I got a Air Gap on the Duster. 340, Holley 750 and a 4 in.
air filter with a NOS bar also. I got a drop base bottom on
it and it just go's to the hood line. I got a hole in the hood
for the scoop. I could fit it all with a shorter air filter.
Go for it! Just my 2 cents worth.

Thanks
Jeremy
JEREMY I RUN A AIR GAP ON MY ALL OUT DRAG CAR 72 DART THE PERFORMANCE IS GREAT. MY 1/8 MILE TIMES ARE 60,FT 1.46, 6.95TO 7.10 1/8 TIMES, 97 TO 100. MPH. YOU WON'T BE DISSAPOINTED, PUT YOUR CHEEKS IN THE SEAT AND GO RACING, GARY:supz:

Whoooo doooogie, that's gettin some. 1.46 short time, nice like ice.

I got the Air Gap on my 72 Dart Swinger 340 and my carb guy told me I should use a spacer, But I just clear the hood now. Can you guys show me some pictures of your set ups please.

Sorry for kinda hijacking the thread, but overall the air gap seems to work really well witht he 340. Lots of power, other than like I said my carb guy said the gas still seems to be getting to hot and I should use a spacer.

Bump.

I just picked up an Air Gap from Summit. '68 Barracuda, 340, carter carb, 3" filter now. I'm thinking I might need to go with a drop base air cleaner. What was the result here???

-
Back