Edelbrock aluminum heads

-

ir3333

Reaction score
So i was lookin' through the Summit catalogue today and priced them at around $1000.
Is that for a pair...looks like just 1?

That is per head, be sure to check out the discount thread or search out a summit coupon. You could save as much as 200.00.

BTW the Trickflows are nice real too. Trickflow is owned by Summit.

IMHO You get what you pay for, but there is other folks who choose to go the chineseium way which overall may or may not be a substantial savings.

Keep in mind
Vic nor any of the family own the company today and several quality control issues have been happening with heads and intakes / I bought a new BARE ) set of LA heads (2023) and sent to PBR to be worked over and out of the box
The Speedmasters and Chinese offerings were much better looking than my Edelbrocks and John would concur !
Just keep this in mind before u spend your hard earned money , Loyalty toward the old Legendary USA companies is dying out to say the least.

To me for the price Edelbrocks are a hard sale, cause Trick flow are basically same price better performance and SM are cheaper with similar performance. Basically the choice is SM vs TF.

I had a cast iron set of Js just redone for just under a grand. I hear Speedmasters are a better choice for the money but if they need machine work right out of the box I disagree. I expect something like that to bolt on out of the box and work...that's savings to me .

If Edelbrock would publish the list of foundrys that they use, or spend time on quality control....

Here is their foundry....

1712268930000.png

IMHO You get what you pay for, but there is other folks who choose to go the chineseium way which overall may or may not be a substantial savings.
Truer words have never been spoken. That's the chance you take buying overseas parts. Some are good and some not so much without lots of work that could offset the cheaper initial cost.

Keep in mind
Vic nor any of the family own the company today and several quality control issues have been happening with heads and intakes / I bought a new BARE ) set of LA heads (2023) and sent to PBR to be worked over and out of the box
The Speedmasters and Chinese offerings were much better looking than my Edelbrocks and John would concur !
Just keep this in mind before u spend your hard earned money , Loyalty toward the old Legendary USA companies is dying out to say the least.
A fact many are unwilling to admit. The Edelbrock castings of late are not the same quality as the Speed Master or Performance World offerings.

Last edited:
Keep in mind

Put it this way. That’s the last set of bare Edelbrock heads I’ll do for a customer. Pathetic the way they send these out the door compared to Speedmaster heads.

To me for the price Edelbrocks are a hard sale, cause Trick flow are basically same price better performance and SM are cheaper with similar performance. Basically the choice is SM vs TF.

Bloomer heads can be had too. They are true bolt on and go, and are better than either of the other two mentioned.

Keep in mind
That's because it's all about profit. It's sad that companies don't focus on quality or safety. It's build it fast and cheap and sell it high

Bloomer heads can be had too. They are true bolt on and go, and are better than either of the other two mentioned.
Fair enough, was just talking about the ones generally available to us, if there's others out there kool.

That's because it's all about profit. It's sad that companies don't focus on quality or safety. It's build it fast and cheap and sell it high
Exactly the dilemma Boeing, another once proud American company, is in. Now only focused on the bottom line.

Last edited:
They are riding on coattails of men who did it as a passion ( Founders) and a living , today corporations run it for money etc
Those are the only
2.08 set ups ready to bolt on ! Blow um off and install
He is meticulous and loves the sport. Bruce Toth is another good LA supplier ready to bolt on.

Can't put it all on companies, if the consumer only values the lowest price so will the manufacturer/business, you vote with your dollars.

Can't put it all on companies, if the consumer only values the lowest price so will the manufacturer/business, you vote with your dollars.
This is very true. I know people who want everything cheaper

-
Back