Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 EFI

-
That’s great, but not everyone has the knowledge or resources to mill there intake, as you did. Edelbrock should address the issues at hand!

Edelbrock has known about these issues for at least 3 YEARS now as they claimed they had never had anyone tell them of the distributor issue when I called them back in May of 2017 with my ProFlo3 manifold.

As for the different manifold here is what was part of the ProFlo3 kit.

92508170-6926-4A53-AD0E-F1EBCF9D024E.jpeg

Would be interesting to know when these other kits were purchased that still have the same problem as seen in the pictures above.

One other point from the posts above, the ProFlo3 was NOT a low cost entry. It was in the $2900 range if memory serves me correctly. As I told them, no excuse for these issues.

Last edited:
From what I could find, the Super Victor labeled one was the standalone manifold they sold/sell. The EFI marked one is the one included in kits. It appears they're the same manifold, just with a modified pattern for the different text.

All that was done to a “Super Victor” manifold was to change the label on the #1 cylinder intake runner to “EFI”.
This “Super Victor “ manifold was included in past EFI kits.

I was going to suggest that their own valve covers probably don't fit on their heads with their intake. But the bastards are way ahead of me. They don't have small block Mopar valve covers anymore, if they ever did.

Edelbrock has known about these issues for at least 3 YEARS now as they claimed they had never had anyone tell them of the distributor issue when I called them back in May of 2017 with my ProFlo3 manifold.

As for the different manifold here is what was part of the ProFlo3 kit.

View attachment 1715594338

Would be interesting to know when these other kits were purchased that still have the same problem as seen in the pictures above.

One other point from the posts above, the ProFlo3 was NOT a low cost entry. It was in the $2900 range if memory serves me correctly. As I told them, no excuse for these issues.

hahaha, They told me the same when I reported the distributor clearance to wiper motor issue....

All that was done to a “Super Victor” manifold was to change the label on the #1 cylinder intake runner to “EFI”.
This “Super Victor “ manifold was included in past EFI kits.

That's what I figured. The cost with the pro flo 4 is substantially cheaper. I got mine for less than $1700, including taxes, with a sale/coupon code.

Regardless, it would be nice for a bolt on.

hahaha, They told me the same when I reported the distributor clearance to wiper motor issue....

Thanks for the reminder, going to need to figure out a wiper motor solution soon, going to just pull the motor for now.

Last edited:
That's what I figured. The cost with the pro flo 4 is substantially cheaper. I got mine for less than $1700, including taxes, with a sale/coupon code.

Regardless, it would be nice for a bolt on.

Thanks for the reminder, going to need to figure out a wiper motor solution soon, going to just pull the motor for now.

See a post on page 10 I think, a guy shortened the distributor body to solve that issue. Looks pretty neat

See a post on page 10 I think, a guy shortened the distributor body to solve that issue. Looks pretty neat

I saw that, definitely something I can do, but I'm about to stick the motor into my car this week. Whatever the fix, it's going to wait for a bit.

I saw that, definitely something I can do, but I'm about to stick the motor into my car this week. Whatever the fix, it's going to wait for a bit.

I have a couple of wiper motors there that I think can fit, just need some time and patience to work it out

I'm interested to see what issues receive l everyone else had, but my distributor fit, plenty of room for the wires to install

IMG_20200926_144220.jpg
IMG_20200926_144225.jpg

Twelve pages of posts are a lot to go through so forgive me if this question has been answered:
What is the best option for EFI on a 1969 318? If I use the Pro-flow 4 I think I have to upgrade my original heads to 340-360 at a cost of about $2k. At this cost I start thinking about just going more modern and getting a mid-90's magnum block with a roller cam but then the Pro-flow 4 manifold doesn't match the bolt pattern of those heads. Thoughts?

Twelve pages of posts are a lot to go through so forgive me if this question has been answered:
What is the best option for EFI on a 1969 318? If I use the Pro-flow 4 I think I have to upgrade my original heads to 340-360 at a cost of about $2k. At this cost I start thinking about just going more modern and getting a mid-90's magnum block with a roller cam but then the Pro-flow 4 manifold doesn't match the bolt pattern of those heads. Thoughts?
The proflo is for the LA style heads. You should be able to find some 360 J heads for less than 2K.

The port size out of the box is in fact smaller than J Head size so I’d suggest you ask Edelbrock to provide some dimensions prior to looking for alternative heads.

The proflo is for the LA style heads. You should be able to find some 360 J heads for less than 2K.
I found some 360 J heads for about $1550 on Ebay but I'm worried that the large chamber size will significantly drop my compression ratio. I think the most logical alternative would be to by Aluminum Edelbroch RPM heads and their EFI system.

I found some 360 J heads for about $1550 on Ebay but I'm worried that the large chamber size will significantly drop my compression ratio. I think the most logical alternative would be to by Aluminum Edelbroch RPM heads and their EFI system.

You can buy brand new edelbrock heads from Jegs for $1539, that will out perform a rebuilt J head in every way.

Best option is a Holley Sniper.

The biggest issue I have found with the pro-flo system is a complete lack of data logging. As a novice in EFI I thought hey I wont need data logging on a self learning system. Boy was I wrong. I think to myself every time I drive my car now "it sure would be nice if I could look at a chart or table and determine why it stumbles at this RPM or why does it have no power at this rpm". Trying to record the gauges and make a determination frame by frame is a PITA. Even the terminator system that Holley offers has some degree of logging. I am seriously considering buying a Holley ECU and reusing the Eddy manifold and sensors.

The biggest issue I have found with the pro-flo system is a complete lack of data logging. As a novice in EFI I thought hey I wont need data logging on a self learning system. Boy was I wrong. I think to myself every time I drive my car now "it sure would be nice if I could look at a chart or table and determine why it stumbles at this RPM or why does it have no power at this rpm". Trying to record the gauges and make a determination frame by frame is a PITA. Even the terminator system that Holley offers has some degree of logging. I am seriously considering buying a Holley ECU and reusing the Eddy manifold and sensors.

The FiTech Systems looks decent too. I'm sure there is a thread out there comparing it to the Holley System. I liked the Edelbrock because it is direct injection but I also know the manifold limits it use to LA engines.

You can get the Edelbrock for big blocks also.

The FiTech Systems looks decent too. I'm sure there is a thread out there comparing it to the Holley System. I liked the Edelbrock because it is direct injection but I also know the manifold limits it use to LA engines.

I think the edelbrock system will fit your stock 318 heads as well. I would try it out before replacing the heads.

That would certainly be useful, but also dependes how much you want to tune it. In my case at the dyno took a couple of hours to mess around with the timing and the fuel pump settings to get it figured out. would be the same on the road I guess.

I have been through the more tuneable or complex ECUs, fuel maps in other cars and my bike and once you set it up there is mot much use of logging anymore really. The Edelbrock ECU learns pretty fast. for what I see they designed it for the average guys that need an easy solution do not want to be tuning carbs, thats pretty much it, its not meant for an all-out-racing engine because it does not have the fucntions, logs or amounto of variables to play with.

For a daily driver it does a pretty good job.

I think the edelbrock system will fit your stock 318 heads as well. I would try it out before replacing the heads.
It will "fit" my stock heads but they state to use 360/340 heads because of the port size, I think.

It will "fit" my stock heads but they state to use 360/340 heads because of the port size, I think.

Then you should be okay, the other heads flow better for sure, but for a daily driver will work more than fine

-
Back