Either this will be brilliant or go down in a big ball of dam what the heck happened

-

67 prostreet gt

Reaction score
Ok sitting in traffic in Bellefonte pa I came up with this totally sick and twisted idea on what to do body mod wise with my little blue car

Make it an a body Daytona , like a miniature Daytona but stupidly fast like mid 9 seconds fast

The little blue car is right now a 68 dart clone originally a 67 with a 750 hp big block and its back halved and it has an all fiberglass front end with bumpers and a trunk lid

In order to complete this transformation the first order is that from end

- will a coronet fender fit the dart and if so how does one attach a Daytona nose cone to it???

Good lord this is a wacky idea

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Attachments

• photo_001.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 764
Oh, I think I am going to be sick...

What say? I was retching so hard I couldn't see the display

girl_vomiting_in_toilet.jpg

This is not an original idea...

I truly hope that someone posts pics of some of the abortions that are examples of this attemp..

Please do not destroy a beautiful vehicle .. my .02

This is not an original idea...

I truly hope that someone posts pics of some of the abortions that are examples of this attemp..

Please do not destroy a beautiful vehicle .. my .02

Yep....abortion is putting it politely. This idea falls under the just because you can does not mean you should category....

I am thinking of taking out the factory 66 barracuda lights and either closing the gap like a fish fin on each side and put three LED lights across trunk panel OR molding in 40s Plymouth tail lights. Glass front, doors and trunk lid. I think us PA boys have to much time on our hands. But hell I think It will look good either way

[ame="http://www.flickr.com/photos/7552532@N07/2186584779/in/set-72157603712632579/lightbox/"]After pictures of BIG WILLIE'S 1964 Plymouth Barracuda | Flickr - Photo Sharing![/ame]

Click on the picture heading at the top of the picture

If you have to ask if a Coronet fender will fit the Dart, then you should drop this idea right now.

Met Big Willie back in the late 60's..

These dude's would block off sections of Interstate at night for serious $$$ street racing..

Then Orange County Int Raceway opened their track at nite, with encouragement from local officials, I would bet,, Was cool times..

Willie had a Orange Charger back then.. BIGG Dude..

Ok sitting in traffic in Bellefonte pa I came up with this totally sick and twisted idea on what to do body mod wise with my little blue car

Make it an a body Daytona , like a miniature Daytona but stupidly fast like mid 9 seconds fast

The little blue car is right now a 68 dart clone originally a 67 with a 750 hp big block and its back halved and it has an all fiberglass front end with bumpers and a trunk lid

In order to complete this transformation the first order is that from end

- will a coronet fender fit the dart and if so how does one attach a Daytona nose cone to it???

Good lord this is a stupid idea

Fixed

It's been done before on a dart, green if I'm not mistaken. Now if you stuck a turbine motor in it....

IMO , I think its a bad idea . I know a lot of people who can't stand the real ones , or don't understand the engineering and brains it took to figure out how to make a car cheat the wind at high speeds . There are many people at shows that ask me why I would make such a car . They are not aware these were built the way they were as per Chrysler specs . I've seen some really butchered cars , trying to make their cars into something like the wing cars . It just doesn't work .

You could modify a set of a-body fiberglass fenders and then make your own nose cone so that the body lines flow better. It's a major mod so do your research. Too many purists wrongly complain about peoples mods 'destroying' a car; it can always be changed back to stock. It's your car so do what you want.

Yep....abortion is putting it politely. This idea falls under the just because you can does not mean you should category....

Gosh forbid you should drive or ride a custom piece.
Its O.K. to modify some things and not others?
Some would consider your scoot an noisey messy abortion.
Its nothing like putting a FORD 9" in a 67Dart273.
Not pickin on you guys and the others, but quite the double standard.
I happen to like custom stuff.

They made a blue million of these cookie cutter cars and
crying over one that's gonna get modified either by body work
or mechanical means is stupid.
If it was mine and I wanted a custom whip, I'd already
have the sawsall out!

I vote get to cutting, and take pics so I can see what your doing!

I personally like the wing cars as they are .. the Bird and Daytona are unique and have an important place in automotive history.. I have seen many examples of 'mini' winged Mopars.. I have seen this done to a 69 Dart, and 68 Barracuda and several examples at the Mopar Nats this year using the new Challenger... Personally the mini wing cars are not my cup of tea.. but as I have said in so many other threads, its your car.. you only live once, and your the only one that you have to worry about pleasing.. you want it to be a mini Daytona, get to work... lol..

I'm thinking more of something along the lines of blowfish but with a daytime nose cone

Don't do it dude. It's a really bad idea. The original wing cars were not big sellers for obvious reasons - they're ridiculous. A good many of them sat on lots for a long time and dealers couldn't give them away. Sure, they made great race cars but no one wanted one of those monstrosities for regular transportation.

And, like stated above, if you have to ask whether a Coronet fender will fit on a Dart body, you're in over your head already. Educate yourself on these types of things first and you will have a clearer picture of everything involved. Your idea is not a project for someone asking these types of uninformed questions. Nor is it for someone posting on a phone that auto corrects "Daytona" with daytime.

If you're dead set on it though, find a junker 'Cuda to transform. It would be a much better place to start since it already has the more 'aero' body style you're looking for. You could find plenty of takers for your Dart in it's current state.

Blowfish was an extremely high dollar execution for a super-rich dude who likes to go really fast. The guys that did that car are at the top of the hot rod world and it was a big project for them.

Start by reading about Blowfish here. Its actually an incredible piece of machinery that functions pretty well.

Again, do not go through with this idea on a Dart. It would be a sad waste of what looks like a decent car. Some things are better left alone and this is one of them.

-
Back