electric fan help please !

-

1994rm250

Reaction score
okay wll im at the final stages today ! and everything is toghter and Done just need some help on my fam ,,, so i havesome kind of electric 16'' fan i got at a car show its a knock off but it is 2800 cfm fan and im un sure of the amps and voltage of the fan , i already burnt a switch up from the fan its a 12 vol 20 switch and i have the flex a lite themerl switch kit i hooked that up but any one have a clue if it just runs posative posative or it needs a ground ?

You need to wire a relay into the cicuit because the switch can't handle the amperage.
Then the switch will be able to pass low current and the relay will take the brunt of higher current.

i have a radio shack auto relay

coil voltage 12v
pull in volt 6v
coil rest 66 ohms
normal current 160ma
drop out 3.6v
SPST 30a at 12 vdc

is this any good ?

I'm not sure about the Shack relay. I grabed a Perma Cool fan and thermo swith relay. The fan gets hooked with a Positive and negitive wire to the battery and the relay turns it on when the temp is met.

Do your wiring like this,no problems then,mrmopartech

relaywire.jpg

i have a radio shack auto relay

coil voltage 12v
pull in volt 6v
coil rest 66 ohms
normal current 160ma
drop out 3.6v
SPST 30a at 12 vdc

is this any good ?
Use Tyco relays (formerly Bosch) and avoid the cheap look-alike imitations.
I wouldn't mess around with anything else.
You can find them for about $7 on eBay. Not bad for quality stuff.
If you also get the sockets, you won't have to put F-type connectors on the wires. 8)
Tyco-Bosch-12-VDC-5-pin-SPDT-Relay-and-Socket.jpg

i get relays at the jy, oem is always good and bosch are everywhere :) and local yard here doesnt charge for relays, fuses, bolts etc...

the ratings listed on the relay you have are fine for your app, amps are the biggie, yours is for 30...

-
Back