Electric Water Pump Question

-

jefflock

69 Dart 408 10.08 best pass so far
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I'm using a Pro Form electric on my race car and was wondering how thick other electric water pump brands are. I would like to use a fan/shroud combo I found but don't have enough room. Please measure from the timing cover out to the end and post what brand it is. Thanks Jeff

My Meziere front mount is the same way.... I'm thinking of buying their remote water pump when my W8 mill goes in.... either one that attaches to the motor plate or inner fenderwell, or they have a nice one that you can have an adapter welded on to the outlet of an aluminum radiator that is pretty slick!

jeff, I run the Moroso brand electric pump on my 71 Dart race car. I use the stainless shroud/electric fan combo that you are refering to. I mounted mine on the front of the radiator and use the fan as a pusher instead of a puller. the only small mod that I had to make was to put a small notch in the grill support that runs vertically behind the center of the grill. nothing nasty looking....jus a clean little notch to let the fan motor come in some. I'd say the notch is no more than 1/2 inch deep and 3 inches tall.

I go into the water box at 140 degrees, and turn the water pump and fan on when I cross the finish line. when I get back to the pit the engine is 170 degrees and it cools back to 140 in less than 5 minutes. I do have a big aluminum radiator, though.

I will take the measurements you asked for tomarrow after work.

my biggest issue with the pump/fan clearance is accessing the crank bolt to do valve train adjustments etc.... I had a ShoGun remote pump on my big block and it was really nice not having the pump and waterpump housing on the front of the engine. BTW our Duster also has the fan in front of the radiator.

http://www.meziere.com/ps-784-752-wp116b.aspx

Can you use the Moroso pump if your motor is mounted using a front motor plate?

Mancini carries a timing cover that shorter than stock, by 1.5". Hold onto your wallet when you look it up but, I'm sure it has it's place on someone's racer.

Mancini carries a timing cover that shorter than stock, by 1.5". Hold onto your wallet when you look it up but, I'm sure it has it's place on someone's racer.

if I remember right, I think that thing is a 2 piece cover. you can just unbolt the front of the cover to do cam swaps and such without having to take the balancer off and break the seal on the oil pan.

Let's just say its a pain in the but. U have to get alternator bracket and they don't fit so u have to modify them to fit. Then measure and cut ur own spacers. Then u need to run smaller alternator and those are 200 bucks. Ill post pics tomarrow . But it looks clean when done tho.

-
Back