Electric water pump

-
I have the 55 gph meizere on a 414 with block fill and it stays below 180 on the street. It does not matter how hot it is out.

You guys with a meizere or csr standard mount: what is your fan/radiator combo? I just got a killer eBay deal on a Meizere but I'm afraid it's not gonna fit with the becool rad and fan I want to use...

You guys with a meizere or csr standard mount: what is your fan/radiator combo? I just got a killer eBay deal on a Meizere but I'm afraid it's not gonna fit with the becool rad and fan I want to use...
chop cut and weld

CSR fits with a Be Cool and their twin fans. I had to slightly clearance the shroud.

Got the CSR pump in a few days ago
And noticed the lower water hose is on the drivers side which is not correct
Really not a way to clock it correctly
It will work but will have to do some hose work which sucks anyone noticed this

Is there not 2 threaded holes on the bottom of the pump to change sides? One will have a hose fitting and the other a plug.

Mine had a threaded hole on both sides. you can have your hose on either side

Mine had a threaded hole on both sides. you can have your hose on either side
Just talked to Paul at CSR performance products
He said that the new housing only has the outlet on the drivers side but when ordering you can specifically ask for a passenger side housing
They are convinced that most Smallblock
Mopars are produced with a driver side outlet.
But none the less he is gonna fix me up the passenger side out let

Good to know was thinking of going this route myself. That's awesome that he's going to swap it out for you.

You have to realize that the water pump pushes 35-37GPM all the time. at idle and at WOT. Trust me these things flow plenty of coolant.

Interested in doing this also. How much hp do you have? The 408 stroker I'm looking at is going to be around 520. Just wondering if this would work.

I have had( along with my brother) the Moroso electric small block pump on three or 4 different motors, ranging from 9.80’s on up to 11’s. All have been street driven. I have always gutted a stock tstat. Never had any issues staying cool on the street, except for my current car. It had a Moroso on it along with an electric fan when i bought it.Temp would creep up driving it around. Found out the fan on it was ultra cheap and was the issue. Bought a nice derale fan and issues are gone. Doesn't get above 180 ish now.
Also cools the car off at the track quickly between rounds running the fan and water pump 6 or 7 minutes max and the car is at 130 degrees.
In the past both my little brother and i have taken off stock fan and water pumps and replaced with electric and seen a tenth on time slips with different combinations
Between cooling car down between rounds at the track and picking up on the ET slip with no downside i wouldnt run a street strip car without one.Mighty handy. Just have a good radiator and GOOD fan, and you will have no issues. I have found those cheap electric fans that pull 5-8 amps arent adequate. If it doesnt take 20+ amps to run it, probably isnt up to the task on the street or at the track. Good strong fan motor takes serious current to drive it. Buy a cheap one that pulls just a few amps, you WILL be replacing it

I have had( along with my brother) the Moroso electric small block pump on three or 4 different motors, ranging from 9.80’s on up to 11’s. All have been street driven. I have always gutted a stock tstat. Never had any issues staying cool on the street, except for my current car. It had a Moroso on it along with an electric fan when i bought it.Temp would creep up driving it around. Found out the fan on it was ultra cheap and was the issue. Bought a nice derale fan and issues are gone. Doesn't get above 180 ish now.
Also cools the car off at the track quickly between rounds running the fan and water pump 6 or 7 minutes max and the car is at 130 degrees.
In the past both my little brother and i have taken off stock fan and water pumps and replaced with electric and seen a tenth on time slips with different combinations
Between cooling car down between rounds at the track and picking up on the ET slip with no downside i wouldnt run a street strip car without one.Mighty handy. Just have a good radiator and GOOD fan, and you will have no issues. I have found those cheap electric fans that pull 5-8 amps arent adequate. If it doesnt take 20+ amps to run it, probably isnt up to the task on the street or at the track. Good strong fan motor takes serious current to drive it. Buy a cheap one that pulls just a few amps, you WILL be replacing it

Thanks for all the info, I've never ran them before. Just trying to get educated. So a coolant retrictor is not needed just drill out a normal thermostat?

Interested in doing this also. How much hp do you have? The 408 stroker I'm looking at is going to be around 520. Just wondering if this would work.

I made 476hp and 512tq on that engine.

On my old big block 73 dart I used a summit 27.5x19 aluminum radiation and a summit electric drop in water pump. Which is really a CVR pump. I used a ford 3.8 turous electric fan. Never had any problems keeping my car cool.

4F9C390F-CD37-449B-B923-1D8576F18BB5.png

I have the 55 gph meizere on a 414 with block fill and it stays below 180 on the street. It does not matter how hot it is out.
Same here. Pump I mean. You can see motor specs in build thread. Drove 1,000+ miles in 5 days last year during Drag Week and no issues at all.

Ive been looking at the champion 3 row radiator says they're good to 550 hp with dual 16" fans with shroud and cvr pump.

-
Back