Engine builder in NY?

-

Scamp9572

Reaction score
Looking for engine builder/ machine shop near the Hudson Valley NY. Any recommendations? Willing to travel a bit for the right shop but not crazy.
Orange, Ulster, Rockland , Westchester. Even North NJ. West Ct.

Depends on what engine your looking to have built
stock or race engine
Big Block
Small block
or Hemi

Small Block-Ryan @ Shady dell
Big Block or Hemi -Ray Barton
Both Pa
LRB Performance Franklin NJ -973-209-7770
B & B Automotive Machine Service 1159 Roosevelt Avenue, Carteret, NJ 07008 (732) 541-1083.

Are you wanting just machine work or to buy a complete, turn-key engine? If you want a complete engine, why limit yourself to one area? Plenty to choose from beyond NY.

V&V Machine was/is in Wappinger's which is not too far from you. Not sure if they are still building engines though. Mopar guys all the way.

Dwayne Porter is in Burlington, Vt.

Plenty of shops here on Long Island if you want to come over the bridge.

I am hopefully picking up a 230 block this weekend. Plan on stroking to 451 or 470. First and foremost I want to drop it off for hot tanking, magnaflux, sonic check, etc. Before I go buying more parts without a decent block first.

V&V, I dealt with Lou Vigogna before he passed. Jim is running things now. From what I have heard he mostly has other things going on. I could be wrong.
I also found a set of Ez's local, if I haven't missed out yet. If I get them I was going to hit up Mr. Porter to do his magic. I wasnt aware he did complete engines.

V&V, I dealt with Lou Vigogna before he passed. Jim is running things now. From what I have heard he mostly has other things going on. I could be wrong.
I also found a set of Ez's local, if I haven't missed out yet. If I get them I was going to hit up Mr. Porter to do his magic. I wasnt aware he did complete engines.

That was my understanding about V&V, might be worth a call just to see.

I don't think Dwayne Porter builds engines but if he does your heads then he will spec a cam and intake for you.

-
Back