Engine compartment pics

-
IMG_20230716_202828753_HDR.jpg

Lol, use your imagination please. it's coming together soon.

View attachment 1716202515

Lol, use your imagination please. it's coming together soon.

Great progress on your hotrod!

Just a suggestion.

Is the lower rad support beefed up? Can't tell from the pics.

Great time to do it as it really helps tie the frame rails together and stiffen up the car.

Gonna be awesome I'm sure!

Great progress on your hotrod!

Just a suggestion.

Is the lower rad support beefed up? Can't tell from the pics.

Great time to do it as it really helps tie the frame rails together and stiffen up the car.

Gonna be awesome I'm sure!
Thank you !
no I haven't gotten around to doing that yet but I do plan on doing something like that as soon as I can get back up there. I'm in the trunk rear end area now lol.

Thanks, no I haven't gotten around to doing that yet but I do plan on doing something like that as soon as I can get back up there. I'm in the trunk rear end area now lol
Cool! The united Cartools piece works great!

Cool! The united Cartools piece works great!
Yes those work great. I actually sectioned the shock mount and behind the rear seat area & moved my rear frame rails in about 3 inches each side....18 inch wide tire can fit now.

Yes those work great. I actually sectioned the shock mount and behind the rear seat area & moved my rear frame rails in about 3 inches each side....18 inch wide tire can fit now.
Nice!! I'm guessing you are modifying your fuel tank or using a fuel cell.

I saw a post on here about a member using a 69 Mustang fuel tank that replaces the tire storage compartment in the trunk.

Great idea as the tank bolts in and is not welded so great for servicing.

Last edited:
Nice!! I'm guessing you are modifying your fuel tank or using a fuel cell.

I saw a post on here about a member using a 69 Mustang fuel tank that replaces the tire storage compartment in the trunk.

Great idea as the tank bolts in and is not welded so great for servicing.
Yeah, 10 gallon fuel cell for me.
That's an interesting idea for the mustang tank though.

Yeah, 10 gallon fuel cell for me.
That's an interesting idea for the mustang tank though.

Here's the post where I saw it referenced. Hopefully he's still a member.

He is right in saying the spare tire well is useless after you change to larger tires and wheels.

74DartSwinger360

You're making good progress it's coming together.
June is coming mighty fast. Don't you have a date.
Thank you. Yeah I have a week of vacation too in June.
Seems I'm farther away than that but if not June I'll have to go chase Bill down somewhere else.

I'll play. But before I do, I think I wore out the thumbs up button flipping through the pages and all these awesome-looking engine bays!! My pics have likely been seen in other threads but here we go....

The little 408 in my 72 Demon avatar.
20220721_204343.jpg

Then there's the 340 in my 71 Demon 340:
20230521_151211.jpg

-
Back