Engine dyno software. Anything good on the Internet?

-
Yup. And that's just for the camshaft... There's the same issues with all the inputs that are not empiracle. Things like manifold choices, exhaust choices, etc. This is the price paid for ease and simplicity. I'm not saying it's right or wrong - just pointing it's existence out. I paid hundreds for the programs I have and I still consider the results only as trends. It's just too complicated to accurately simulate on a home PC.

Agreed, man.

According to my copy of dyno2003, I can get a 318cu motor making 319hp and swap the dual plane intake for a tunnel ram, and swap the HP manifolds for large tube headers with mufflers and it suddenly makes 412hp.

I'd be impressed to see that happen in the real world.

Simply because two exactly built engine can and WILL have different outputs, the only 100% sure fire way is an engine dyno. That said, dyno programs are a great way to get a pretty accurate estimation. They are purdy dang fun, too.

Yeah, they're pretty entertaining. I can't think how many hours I must have spent (wasted?) just comparing different cylinder heads and cams on EAP.

One thing i am interested in is a feature which lets you eliminate reversion. average torque goes through the roof! I actually know someone who is trying to achieve this with reed valves on an aussie hemi six. It's gonna be fun testing it!

Does anybody remember the a desktop dragstrip deal? You could build an engine, stick it in a car, and race it? I can't recall the name but we had a blast with it...lol.

Does anybody remember the a desktop dragstrip deal? You could build an engine, stick it in a car, and race it? I can't recall the name but we had a blast with it...lol.

I've got drag2003, which you can save the vehicle specs and open it in desktop dragstrip. I could never get the virtual dragstrip to work properly.

Man, after reading some of the other comments. I think Im to stupid to run this software.. I didnt realize how involved and specific this stuff got! LOL Although it sounds like fun to play with.

I was lucky and found my old copies of Engine Analyzer and Drag Strip Analyzer I had purchased in the 1990's that I had hidden away in my old diskette box (remember floppy's and 3 1/2 diskettes?). I pulled out my old PC I had sitting on the shelf and was able to run the program so I am back to doing some what if calcs.

Thanks for all your inputs.

-
Back