Engine in car tomorrow---------

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Took half a day off work today to marry the transmission to the engine. This is the result. My custom engine cradle worked like a dream, assembled them in opposite side of shop where I had room and set unit in the cradle. Then just pushed it over by the car for the fun tomorrow. I will post more detailed thread and photos of the sequence on my build thread after I get the engine in.
Cheers and TGIF to all-------------DR:coffee2:

Attachments

• MotorInst.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 435
  • MotorInst2.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 421
Took half a day off work today to marry the transmission to the engine. This is the result. My custom engine cradle worked like a dream, assembled them in opposite side of shop where I had room and set unit in the cradle. Then just pushed it over by the car for the fun tomorrow. I will post more detailed thread and photos of the sequence on my build thread after I get the engine in.
Cheers and TGIF to all-------------DR:coffee2:

Interesting Tailshaft, what it be???

Jake

That looks great!!

Good luck with the install, hope everything goes well and no surprises....

I think that's for his GV.

Yes, that is correct, Gearvendors adaptor tailshaft with custom built lockup converter. I calculate 2400 RPM @ 70 MPH with my 3:73.1 rear axle ratio. And it will be a rocket off the line, the transmission is called a 999 with a lower 1st gear ratio------but I digress----------

Just one mistake here..... the rest of the car is not ready to go! You NEVER put a completed engine into a non-running body! Too much temptation to fire it up.... and then you can't drive it LOL

You even painted the engine cradle. ... good job

gotta love furniture dollies....
d7895da0024033bea60abdc2162d318b.jpg

Thanks for the kind word guys! I am a bit nervous about today but will have photos up tonight win or lose:)
Cheers-----------------DR:coffee2::burnout:

Nice!! this is the best part of the build IMO !! Good Luck.

Kind of. Went really smooth but I have to modify transmission crossmember to take the GV overdrive setup. Anyone who tells you "just pound the tunnel a little with a ball peen" has not actually done one. In the morning I am heading to a buddy's shop to modify said crossmember then the engine will be acutally installed. I am putting up a couple photos as I am not ready to update my build thread untill I actually have it all. I did get busy with my new headlight relay kit from crackedback, ingenious piece of design and construction so I worked on that this afternoon and still have most of tomorrow to work on the car. Damn I love building cars--------------------
DR-----------------:coffee2:

Attachments

• Motorinst3.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 282
  • Motorinst4.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 278
I have not seen your build before, you going to run EFI? I see the 2bbl intake.

I have not seen your build before, you going to run EFI? I see the 2bbl intake.

Hi Tim, No I just used the stock cast iron manifold to lift the engine in. I have a refurbished LD4B that will actually go on the engine for running. I acutally have a rebuildable numbers correct core carter carburator that I could rebuild and use but I am leaning to the ever popular "shudder" eddlebrock. A street demon has also been suggested. Personally I am a Holley fan but as of now I have bigger fish to fry, thanks for looking!
DR----------------O:)

I sent relay instructions to your paypal email, did you get them?

Looks good!

Man not only does the engine look awesome, but so does that whole engine bay! Blower motor, wiper motor and master cylinder. Great job!

I sent relay instructions to your paypal email, did you get them?

Hi Rob, got your PDF file, thanks a lot, doing my own thing with the install, will post it up of course but a great product, I admire your innovation!!!!

Man not only does the engine look awesome, but so does that whole engine bay! Blower motor, wiper motor and master cylinder. Great job!
4-Speed, I am honored by your comments. I am trying do do a little something different here and I am grateful that your recognize it for what it is. Long way to go-you will appreciate the GV controls install when I post it up. should be coming soon---------------
Cheers to all and be sure to rember your sweetie tomorrow on Valentine day!! Yall know- happy wife-happy life!!
DR-------------:coffee2:

Yes, that is correct, Gearvendors adaptor tailshaft with custom built lockup converter. I calculate 2400 RPM @ 70 MPH with my 3:73.1 rear axle ratio. And it will be a rocket off the line, the transmission is called a 999 with a lower 1st gear ratio------but I digress----------

AWESOME!!! Looks great!

-
Back