Engine paint.

-
Well Mopar followers, I started the tread saying that I was used to VHT engine enamel, but could not find Chrysler Red in their selection. In fact, if someone wants, they can go to their website "www.vhtpaint.com" and look. They have a very limited selection of engine paints for the old engines. So, this was what started the tread, because if VHT had the paint, I would have ordered it, and not said a word about it here in the forum.

So, from my childhood I had the reputation of not giving up or not giving things a rest. Some dislike me for it, others likes me for it. I have as said above been all over Santa Rosa, and then to nearby towns. No luck finding any rattle cans, and limited luck finding IH tractor paint that is sprayable.

So, on tuesday, I came home, decided I had to order it online. From somewhere. In my attempts to find someone, I ended up seeing an old VHT paint number, SP155, Chrysler Red. Don't ask me where I found the number because I have forgotten that, can't even find it myself again. But, I had the number, and googled it. Suddenly Amazon had it, for almost $15 a can, and then Summit shows up with the paint, for I think $4 less. Guess where I ordered it. :D

Look at this: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B009FR8A8I/?tag=joeychgo-20

If you move the mouse marker over all the different paints, it comes up what paint it is, Ford blue, Chrysler Blue, Chrysler Red and so forth. If you click on the paint you are looking for, it changes the page, and then you get to see the original VHT paint number. And can search for it wherever you want.

So, this was my contribution to the Mopar society today, for those who like or want to use VHT paints. Chrysler Red is flat and not glossy, so I had to order VHT Engine Enamle Clear Coat, SP145. All the VHT I have used before has been glossy, so I have never seen this before. I don't know if this is a change they have made, or if it is something that is valid for some paint colors and others not.

And I have no idea why you can get all these colors from Amazon and from Summit, but VHT themselves does not list them on their website. And I have heard others say that VHT had stopped making them. However, from what I understand, this is not old paint from some warehouse somewhere, but new fresh paint they can get as much as they want of.

Bill

I am in the process of choosing a colour for my 360, for my RED 66 B-Cuda. As the car is red I don't want a red engine, it would be to much red. So have been looking at dif blues, and greens. Ive been trying to find AMC Metalic Green/ turqouise, but cant find a high heat version of it.
So I think I have settled on Dupli-Color Engine Enamel in "Torque N' Teal", # DE 1643, kind of a bright Greenish Turqouise.
Only place I could find it was at Summit @ $6.99 Can. Good price.
I want some contrast when the hood is open. All my other engines are Chrysler Industrial Red. Time for a change.
Summit has a large selectoin of engine, and general paints.

Dave

I used duplicolor Chrysler engine red on my 340 over 12 years ago and not one speck of paint has started to flake off of the engine anywhere except where the frost plugs are in the cylinder heads and block (probably cause they were smooth)...the color looks great and accurate...Not the best lighting but you get the idea

6958865A-47F9-4DF0-90DA-1A3B8BEA05B7.jpeg

6C4855E3-14A6-4871-BF81-BC0FD965919B.jpeg

-
Back