Estimated cost to repair A/C?

-

BigBrice

Reaction score
I might be buying a 65 dart and the seller claims it has factory ac but its not working. How much should I expect to pay to get it working again?

Car came with a 273 but currently has a 360.

That's a real loaded question. Could be very little to a huge amount. Has it ever been updated from R12? How old are the hoses? I would not touch that with a very long pole

That's a real loaded question. Could be very little to a huge amount. Has it ever been updated from R12? How old are the hoses? I would not touch that with a very long pole

I figured it'd be a pretty complicated answer. Anywhere from $20-$1000 I assume? I'm still waiting for the owner to contact me with all the details. Really wanting this car and I could go without air. My daughter and girlfriend on the other hand...

Well then the answer is "easy." Determine a fair price for the car based on maximum probable AC repairs. If the hoses, pump, etc LOOK like they've never been touched, then they probably haven't. New compressor and hoses, flush system, convert to R134A at the very least. If you have to pay for all that probly a grand off the top.

Well then the answer is "easy." Determine a fair price for the car based on maximum probable AC repairs. If the hoses, pump, etc LOOK like they've never been touched, then they probably haven't. New compressor and hoses, flush system, convert to R134A at the very least. If you have to pay for all that probly a grand off the top.

Well he's only wanting 2500. Needs master cylinder and brake lines. Haven't got to see it in person yet and he's really slow on returning any information

I really don't mind not having air, personally though.

It would be really great if we had an estimated guess of what's wrong with it.

Well he's only wanting 2500. Needs master cylinder and brake lines. Haven't got to see it in person yet and he's really slow on returning any information

I really don't mind not having air, personally though.

Well the usual answer is "post photos." Depending on condition, rust, missing parts, etc, that could be a steal, or way too much

If the evaporator is leaking you will never find a replacement. All aftermarket companies obsoleted it years ago.

Did you end up buying this car and fixing the A/C? If you bought it and don't want the A/C, let me know if its original A/C parts that you want to sell.

-
Back