Evaporator core

-

wayne57

Reaction score
Redoing the ac/heater box on my 74 Duster. Can not find a new evaporator core. Found upto a 72 but nothing from 73 and later. Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks, Went to their site and they sure are proud of their units. Would be hard to pay that much for an evaporator only. Seems strange the evaporator can be found for a 72 back but not a 73 up.
Wayne57

Thanks, Went to their site and they sure are proud of their units. Would be hard to pay that much for an evaporator only. Seems strange the evaporator can be found for a 72 back but not a 73 up.
Wayne57

one thing you can do is pull your old one out and take it to a good parts store where they know how to look up the pictures in the back of the book to match it up. most catalogs the parts store have pic diagrams with dimensions.

good luck! and let us know what you find out.

Classis Auto Air will flush your old core out, check it for leaks, and replate it for $100.

I just pulled my heater box out of my 73 duster as my heater core was leaking. I can send you pics and we can work something out as I no longer need the evap core if you are interested. It looks in good condition and the fins are straight.

Howard1784 sent pictures of the 73 evaporator and it is also different from the 74. My local auto parts store has yet to come up with any replacement. After more research found that Bouchillon performance shows one that fits the 74-76 A-body. Will be checking with them next week
Wayne

I learned a little something here. I didn't know of a difference between 73 and the later. I don't know what the difference could be though. Is that where the changed how the lines attach ? At some point they changed from 2 hex collectors on the lines to a manifold block on the end of the line with O rings and a single bolt. Anyway... Good luck with it.

Thanks Dan, I bought the evaporator off of ebay. Sure hope it fits.
Wayne

-
Back