Evening at the track

-

Charrlie_S

Reaction score
Took my 66 Cuda to the track, tue nite TnT. First time out since May 2012. New slicks worked good. 3250 lbs and 170 slant on juice.
13.48 at 97.89 off the trailer
13.26 at 99.90
13.31 at 98.59
Best 60 foot was 1.789
This was a best for the car in Florida heat and humidity.

3.200 lb /6 on juice running 13's Dang man!:cheers: Congratulations :cheers:and so happy to see you out and about enjoying your cars Charrlie_S
Yes what track, I might be able to find a Video someone ells took and posted somewhere

Very cool. :cheers:

Nice 60' and close to 100mph on the second run......sweet. :thumleft:

Nice numbers, Charlie. Are you coming to Reynolds anytime soon?

Isn't that faster than a new factory Corvette or Challenger that costs $60K?

You got that mixed up as the stock Corvette times were in the mid 12's as of 2012
Now for the Challenger, we'll have to wait for the new 392 supercharged version :) as the older one still have to catch up to the Camaros :(

And this post with his Slant 6, it's awesome and I appreciate it...

Took my 66 Cuda to the track, tue nite TnT. First time out since May 2012. New slicks worked good. 3250 lbs and 170 slant on juice.
13.48 at 97.89 off the trailer
13.26 at 99.90
13.31 at 98.59
Best 60 foot was 1.789
This was a best for the car in Florida heat and humidity.

Those are some great numbers for a 170, Charrlie! You must be winding that littler hummer up like an 8-day clock!!!

That 60-foot time is particularly impressive!!!

I hope our turbo car shows as well.... :prayer::prayer::prayer:

6PA:
Gainsville Fl. is the closest track, but I only race the car a few times a year, mostely at Slant Six Shootouts. I have had the car at West palm Beach, Orlando Speed world, Bradenton, Clearwater, and Lakeland, in Florida, over the years.

Zandfull:
Have you heard the saying "all throttle, no bottle"? Mine is " all bottle, no throttle". Runs mid 16's on motor. It has a stock shortblock, with a mild cam, milled head, and 2bbl carb, and headers.

Memike:
Here is a link to a video of a slant six race. I have both my cars there. The turquise 66 Valiant and my 66 Cuda "Charlies Angel". All the cars in this video are slant six powered.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se4n19Frn2A"]Slant Six Mason Dixon Spring 2012 720p - YouTube[/ame]

OMR, and Bill D: The engine makes over 350 ft lbs torque at 2,900 rpm, and has a 8 inch converter, that's why the great 60 foot times. The car has run a best of 100.65 MPH in good air. I go thru the traps about 6,200 rpm, shift about 6,000.

RRR: I like reynolds, but don't know when I might get their again. Little far for me for a "regular" race. Actually this year, I probably won't be doing any traveling, just an occasional TnT, to make improvements to the car(s). Money is really tight.

I appriciate the nice comments.

Wow That was a fun 2 cups of coffee Charrlie_S So You was no angel growing up :D
And when you talk :burnout: they listen :cheers:
Watching this makes me want to go outside and clean/check my 13'' wheels and tires and go hit the track this Sunday and see what my 170/ slant will do with my J.D.0000.1 new recurved distributor I have in Victoria now :burnout:

With my 14'' Rally wheel and tires and a stock distributor plugged of she pulled off a 11:27 1/8 mile last time I ran.
With the new recurved Distributor and lighter and short tire size I would be so happy to see a 10:45 run.... They are doing Videos at the track now so I won't have to find some one to video shoot my run :D

Thank you so much for sharing this great day with us, the anounser did a good job and you sure do have your two cars moving down the track :burnout:
Who drove your 66 Valiant for you :coffee2: ?

Thank you so much for sharing this great day with us, the anounser did a good job and you sure do have your two cars moving down the track :burnout:
Who drove your 66 Valiant for you :coffee2: ?

I hope you meet your goal.
The anouncer and track owner, at Mason-Dixon, really treat the slant six people very well. On Sat morning, before the races started, they both came into our pit area, and talked with us, and made notes about our cars, and where we were from. Talked our people and cars up, all weekend. They actually requested, if we could come back for another race in the fall.
That video was the first time I had seen my car leave. Now I know there is more I can do about a better launch.
A friend of mine's son has been driving the Green 66 Valiant, At that race it was running on motor only, as the SG cluches in the 7 1/4 rear, gave out.

Well I sure enjoyed it :cheers: I have a standard three on the tree and on my launch
I get two tire pull, I don't do a burn out, I just scuff them a bit to clean them off, Thank you again for a great morning :D I had to give this thread a 5 stare rating because it is a dandy :burnout:

6PA:
Gainsville Fl. is the closest track, but I only race the car a few times a year, mostely at Slant Six Shootouts. I have had the car at West palm Beach, Orlando Speed world, Bradenton, Clearwater, and Lakeland, in Florida, over the years.

Zandfull:
Have you heard the saying "all throttle, no bottle"? Mine is " all bottle, no throttle". Runs mid 16's on motor. It has a stock shortblock, with a mild cam, milled head, and 2bbl carb, and headers.

Memike:
Here is a link to a video of a slant six race. I have both my cars there. The turquise 66 Valiant and my 66 Cuda "Charlies Angel". All the cars in this video are slant six powered.
Slant Six Mason Dixon Spring 2012 720p - YouTube

OMR, and Bill D: The engine makes over 350 ft lbs torque at 2,900 rpm, and has a 8 inch converter, that's why the great 60 foot times. The car has run a best of 100.65 MPH in good air. I go thru the traps about 6,200 rpm, shift about 6,000.

RRR: I like reynolds, but don't know when I might get their again. Little far for me for a "regular" race. Actually this year, I probably won't be doing any traveling, just an occasional TnT, to make improvements to the car(s). Money is really tight.

I appriciate the nice comments.

Charrlie, Thanks a lot for the video! I really enjoyed it.

That 170 is really putting out the torque for an engine that size! Must be a fun ride ! :) The 8-inch converter helps, I am sure.

A well-scienced out combination!

Charrlie, Thanks a lot for the video! I really enjoyed it.

That 170 is really putting out the torque for an engine that size! Must be a fun ride ! :) The 8-inch converter helps, I am sure.

A well-scienced out combination!

Not really scienced out. Actually started out with my old "Stock Eliminator" engine, trans and rear. Got a mild cam, milled the head and modified a stock intake to use a 500 Holley 2bbl. That was back in the late '70's.
I had quit racing about 1985. About 2000 I heard about slant six racing, and decieded to do it, but wanted to go faster then 16's. I pulled the 360 out, and put the slant running gear into the 66 Cuda as my old car was pretty "ratty" from sittting for 15 years. Then I drilled my intake for the nitrous fogger system, and that's it. Just did what was the cheapest for me.
Yes, it is fun, but what is really neat is the comments I get. It is pretty quick for what it is, but would still like to get into the 12's. I could take a lot of weight out, but the car is basically to nice to "butcher". All I have to do to be totally street legal, is put the mufflers back on, insurance and tags.

Not really scienced out. Actually started out with my old "Stock Eliminator" engine, trans and rear. Got a mild cam, milled the head and modified a stock intake to use a 500 Holley 2bbl. That was back in the late '70's.
I had quit racing about 1985. About 2000 I heard about slant six racing, and decieded to do it, but wanted to go faster then 16's. I pulled the 360 out, and put the slant running gear into the 66 Cuda as my old car was pretty "ratty" from sittting for 15 years. Then I drilled my intake for the nitrous fogger system, and that's it. Just did what was the cheapest for me.
Yes, it is fun, but what is really neat is the comments I get. It is pretty quick for what it is, but would still like to get into the 12's. I could take a lot of weight out, but the car is basically to nice to "butcher". All I have to do to be totally street legal, is put the mufflers back on, insurance and tags.

Well, maybe you don't consider it "scienced-out" but it sure runs good for what it is. I once had a 1969 Valiant with a 170 with "three on the tree" and that car would not pull the skin off a grape. Literally. Anytime someone gets one of those motors into the low 13's I see it as a minor miracle.

Pete McNicoll, a Ramcharger, had a '40 Willys coupe with a 170 Slant six in it that was a full-race competition engine and it only ran 14-flat.

I think your car FLIES! Don't be so modest...:violent1:

-
Back