Evens engine harness, not made right?

-

rp23g7

Reaction score
Hey guys, i called Evens about this, but havent heard back.

I ordered a 70 Duster Slant 6 engine harness from Evens. When i called them, he said he had not made one for a while.

The Duster has PS, no AC, no other options.

The original( or the one that is still on it) middle bulkhead connector has a open top right connection.

The Evens harness has a open second right connection.

the MyMopar diagram is kinda confusing to look at, but if i go with where the fusable like it shows top right as M (Brown)the Washer Motor, which it has a foot pump

The Evens harness has the second right wire blank, which, going by the same image on the MyMopar diagram shows a Green with red trace wire, which is in the original harness, L wire which is the horn.

I dont really care about the horn( i use my middle finger) would i run into other issues if i put this on, or should i send it back?

Forget trying to fix it yourself. you pay money for something it should be right, send it back.

Move the wire if need be. Not hard to do. Make sure the wire you think is coming out of there is the correct one.

You can slide a scribe, paper clip or pin in the slot with the terminal and press up slightly to release the lock clip. Some have used a pair of needle nose pliers to squeeze the terminal together collapsing the lock clip. Pull lightly on the wire and it should slip out. Bend the tab back down with a small screwdriver and slip it into the slot it needs to go, it should click when inserted.

Here's what the terminal looks like to give you an idea.
56m.6.jpg

Easy fix.

I'd verify the harness runs just to make sure.

Yes, DO NOT cut any wires. Don't need to cut anything to move the wires in your bulkhead fittings.

The MyMopar diagram you are looking at shows BOTH halves of the connector on the same page, you are looking at part of it backwards. You really need a factory manual. On the MyMopar diagram, find the section of the connector with "M" in it, and notice there is a connector beside it, the mirror image.

The fuse link connector may have been damaged and bypassed?? Can you find the fuse link from the start relay and follow it? Anything look modified?

Here's the proper engine bay side view of the bulkhead connector:

Attachments

• bulkhead.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 177
  • partial.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 165
send it back and buy from year one. they are correct. year one is always offering 15 to 30% off all the time.

-
Back