Ever pick up hitch hikers??

-
spent a large portion of my younger years without a license for being hard headed,...use to walk alot,..i mean a lotttttt!! when i finally got the rights to drive id pick up any body walking that wont suspect looking! grew up travailing in big trucks with my dad an g'pa and bout all ive ever done my self when i had license so i got a real good idea what suspect looks like walking down the road, in today's world 99%of the time, if thay walking its to the dope house or worse!!!!!

This guy Mike that I know told me about this time he and a friend of his were in his car when it conked out about 10 miles from home. They decided to walk. About 2 miles later they decided to hitch hike. A van stopped and the guy let them in. Mike got in the back even though there was no seat. His friend sat in the right front seat. They chatted with the driver and thought all was well. As they got close to Mikes house, Mike thanked the guy a few times and asked if he wanted some gas money. The driver looked at the front seat passenger and said....."Well, if one of you guys let me BLOW you, we can call it even."
Mike started laughing, thinking that the guy was kidding around. They had a few laughs in the short trip, so Mike just thought it was a joke. The front seat passenger knew the guy was serious though.
He said to the driver..."Stop the van. STOP the van!" Mikes laughter trailed off and turned to What the ****?
The man pulled over and the guys walked the rest of the way.
That story cracks me up just thinking about that moment when Mikes laugh turned serious....and uncomfortable.

used to be no big deal hear in Madison wisc either years bak , hell now you cant gt hlp if your pulled over on the road side with a flat or something . Just don't know whats up with this world any more . I got knifes in all my cars more to fix things with , but if some 1 tried to pull some chit I'd give them the choice kill me now or hang on for the ride **** . pretty sad when people cant help people any more. but I tell my wife DONT STOP FOR ANY 1

used to be no big deal hear in Madison wisc either years bak , hell now you cant gt hlp if your pulled over on the road side with a flat or something . Just don't know whats up with this world any more . I got knifes in all my cars more to fix things with , but if some 1 tried to pull some chit I'd give them the choice kill me now or hang on for the ride **** . pretty sad when people cant help people any more. but I tell my wife DONT STOP FOR ANY 1
when i was 13 i hitched a ride from stevens city wi to stoughton just above madison wi over 250 miles,to meet my g'pa and come home to nc so id be here to start school and daddy could stay and finish hauling till end of potato season, bout 1983 didnt worry one bit about it ether!

I used to...when I drove a pick up truck and always told them to climb in the back. No one ever got to ride in the cab. That was a long time ago and most weren't going far so I didn't mind giving them a lift. I figured if they got squirrelly, I'd just nail the brakes and knock some sense into them. No one ever did.

These days passengers aren't allowed to ride in the back of a pick up and I wouldn't let them even if it was allowed, too much liability. My days of giving free rides are long gone in the past.

Just remember what happened to the two guys who picked this up........

HITCHHIKER.jpg

NOT a chance in today's world & I honestly can't remember the last time I've seen one.

It's just not worth the risk IMO :steering:

hitchhiker-jpg.1715032917.jpg

What happened? A sore boner? A sticky face?
Or.....Is this from some slasher movie???

I'm bad about picking up hitchhikers. Keep in mind that here in Ohio, you can carry a weapon in your car with a CCW License, and I do.
But it seems like I end up picking up the same same 2 guys. The one told me that he actually got into trouble for hitchhiking. I asked him why he keeps doing it. He says he got places he needs to be and its to far to walk. The other is elderly, and really has no business out there doing that crap.
But, the biggest reason I do it is, when I was in the Army, my car broke down. I was in a full class A walking down the street in the middle of winter and no one would stop. I walked about 5 miles in the freezing cold and I know people passed my broken down car and had to put 2+2 together. I just try to keep in mind not everyone is having a good day and if I can help out just a little.
Keep in mind, I'm not crazy, I am armed.

In the 60s, when I was in High School, I hitch-hiked home, from Basketball practice, every night. -- For a few years, after that, I picked up several. ---- Now never.

View attachment 1715032932

What happened? A sore boner? A sticky face?
Or.....Is this from some slasher movie???

She told the guy in the Vette to buzz off, because she wanted the step van the two gas company guys were drivin. Bobby Maxwell made sure the gas company guys were no trouble. The Enforcer. You really should watch it.

no hitchhikers. If I am travelling and come across one, I call a cop and tell them someone is stranded, and keep moving.if they truly need help, they will then get it.

Last one I picked up apparently thought I was his private driver. He asked me to take him about 10 miles past my house. Half mile from his destination we ran into one of his friends...told him nobody was at his destination. His new destination was headed back towards my place. Gate was locked. Now he wanted me to take him 7 miles further than his first destination. Told him ride was over. He told me that he was not getting out of my truck...few seconds later he was looking down the barrel of a .45....he took off running...

Watch "wolf creek" and you'll never pick anybody up again

Dad hitch hiked from Cleveland to Dallas, TX and back twice when he was in college down there, probably around 1965-ish. Had a 10 inch knitting needle in his sock the whole time! Can you imagine getting a knitting needle pulled on you? Said he walked the center line of the highway at times because it was so dark at night. I picked up 2 in my life: Once, when my Marine Buddy and I were driving a 77 Coupe DeVille from Camp Pendleton to Chicago to pick up his fiancee. We passed by 2 Indian teenage girls off the reservation in New Mexico. "Wanna pick them up? Hell yeah!" I flipped a ***** and we picked both up and put them in the back seat. We tried to make small talk but they never spoke a word! F this...we let them out at the next town when they tapped our shoulder and pointed outside..... Another time I was on my way back from traffic court (really!) and I picked up a nice looking girl who was sitting out of place at a bus stop. It was at a stop sign and I jokingly asked if she needed a lift, she jumped up and in in about 3 seconds. I took her about 3 miles across town and for that she gave me a joint. 'Id rather have that ***' as I tossed it out the window. Never again, too sketchy.
Same Marine friend and I hitched back from Tijuana to Pendleton after his cars alternator went out. Got picked up in about 5 minutes. Hard to hide the fact that we were Marines, and it was a Navy town. The lady would have driven us all the way to LA where she was going.

Just remember what happened to the two guys who picked this up........

View attachment 1715032917
Lol!! Except the guy in the 'vette got told to f**k off, a pair of "UPS" guys (actually their truck) were the target, well it didn't go well for the guys in the truck!!
Back in the mid-'90's I was sitting in My '72 Swinger at the T-Bell after band practice(I worked up an appetite after 2.5-3hrs. of drummin'), My standard "reload",
when I saw a girl come up the road & start cuttin' through the lot. Cute little brunette, white tee, short-cut jean shorts,white tennis shoes & ankle socks. My windows
were down and I said something complimentary, She stopped & turned and walked over & asked if i could ride her up to the Ramada just up the road, since it was at
the top of the hill & a long winding drive, I said "sure". She hopped in & We started talking, She had a "gig" up there for some business convention, & didn't want to
show up sweaty already,lol! She thanked Me for the ride & asked if I would like one of her "services" for the lift, I declined and told Her to be careful. As She got out
& turned to close the door, She spied the tiny ball of straw wrapper on the homemade console in My car, She quickly grabbed it & rolled it in Her fingers then dropped
it. Thought She dropped a rock! I keep thinking how many ways that could've gone wrong for Me, lol!! I wasn't aware 'till discussing it afterwards that it's illegal to
give a working girl a ride even if Your not a John! Let alone having those kinds of controlled substances in the car!!

A couple years back I was on my way through town, headed back home, with a load of firewood when a guy walks right out into the middle of the street in front of me. Mind you, I wasn't going fast, there was about 2 feet of snow on the road.

I stopped so I wouldn't hit him and he walks up to the driver's side door of my Dodge (window rolled about halfway down, it was hot as hell inside the truck with the defroster running to keep the wipers from icing up).

"I need a ride."

"I've got no room to haul anyone." (And it was true, I had my chainsaw, tire chains, etc piled on the bench seat and floor)

"I'm just going a block or two down the road, put it in the bed for now."

"Did you happen to notice it's full of firewood?"

"Put it on the road and come back for it then..."

That's when he saw my revolver laying on the bench seat beside me, he backed up.

"Never mind, I'll stop the next vehicle."

Funny, the next vehicle behind me was a Police SUV and the guy immediately took off for the sidewalk, going in the opposite direction.

What an arrogant jerkoff.
Tell ME that gun ownership doesn't deter crime.....

Picked one up way back when I was 17 years old. When we pulled over to drop her off she smiled with her black teeth and asked if she could do anything for us in trade for the ride. My buddy and I both looked at each other and at the same time said nope and we drove off.

I don't feel sorry for them anymore.Majority of the time they have wore out their family.That's why they are a foot.I'ts hard to chicken peck on my phone or I'd tell ya about some of the morons I've tried to help in the 29 years of Trucking!

You know, the ugliest hitchhikers are usually the best Thermoquad tuners.

Just saying...
LOL.... I don't hitchhike, but I'm sure the popular vote would say I'm UGLY, and yes, I can tune a TQ :D

-
Back