Everyone down for the summer?

-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Suppose to start in the triple digits next weekend.

Not down, just doing other stuff inside...:D

Took all the very old and thick grey primer off the 'Cuda...it still has some red left!
100_1722.jpg

Suppose to start in the triple digits next weekend.
Hey man...YOU decided to move to the SUN, not me!
Here in Northern CA, it has been in the mid 70s lately but was mid 80s today.
All that stuff about "DRY HEAT" may resonate with the East Coast/Rust belt crowd but Sacramento isn't exactly humid.
I start to wilt when it gets to 100 and above. I work in wood frame construction and am outside working in whatever weather the good lord dishes out...except rain. We gen sent home if it rains much...maybe it is a safety/Workers Comp issue ?

Hey man...YOU decided to move to the SUN, not me!
Here in Northern CA, it has been in the mid 70s lately but was mid 80s today.
All that stuff about "DRY HEAT" may resonate with the East Coast/Rust belt crowd but Sacramento isn't exactly humid.
I start to wilt when it gets to 100 and above. I work in wood frame construction and am outside working in whatever weather the good lord dishes out...except rain. We gen sent home if it rains much...maybe it is a safety/Workers Comp issue ?

No complaints here, stays pretty cool in the shop

Ouch, try not to look at that. I see there's a show up in Show Lo tomorrow. Probably a bit cooler up there.

I saw that, but since I spent the entire day last Saturday at car shows in Phoenix I better skip them for a week. :D
113 next week down there.

Man its been hot here, took the week off from work, to do Duster stuff.
Depending on which day, sometimes I gave up and went to the house around noon, other days around 5 pm.
The worst is the humidity, its u-seasonable warm here, so it rains either every evening, or sometime in the afternoon.
I made it until 5 today, but yesterday was only around noon.
Last fall it was warmer than normal then it went straight to winter, this spring, it sayed winter and went straight to summer.

Terrible weather here in SoCal as always...high temps over the next 6 days range from 76F-84F

is there any issues with spraying primer and doing bodywork in high heat>???

be sure to use the appropriate thinner/reducer for the air temperature your spraying in. :rolleyes: :p

the heats not a big deal... much easier to work with the materials in heat than in the freezing cold.

when its over 100* direct sun is the killer :eek:

be sure to use the appropriate thinner/reducer for the air temperature your spraying in. :rolleyes: :p

the heats not a big deal... much easier to work with the materials in heat than in the freezing cold.

when its over 100* direct sun is the killer :eek:
I am not a body man, but I did learn a lot doing mine. Be careful not to let sweat drops fall on the body work before painting.

Yea, I think last weekend is the last I'll be going down there unless it's at night.
I see 113 for next weekend.

View attachment 1715182564

I lived in that dry heat for 4 yrs. It was low 90`s, w/ 80`s something humidity here yesterday, and it felt way more uncomfortable than 113 in the desert ! We have had high 90`s and 90`s humidity in past yrs., U could set in the shade , drinking iced tea, and sweat like hell !
I was playing w/ diff. fans on my barracuda yesterday, in the garage ''most of the time'' , w/ a fan on , the handheld on my fuel inj. system was consistenly over 113 or over ambient air temps.
We had one summer when I was doing commercial plumbing in an unfinished building w/ nothing but tin on the roof , w/ 31 days of over 100 degrees straight.
Was miserable in that building, we were running water lines in the ceiling joists, u could spit on the underside of the tin roof and watch it sizzle .
Another miserable job was repiping houses in late summer , 168 degrees in the attic, u could see the insulation running down ur arm in the sweat. I did 6 one summer.

Last edited:
OK...one more project in the...(cough cough)...closing stages.

ripped out the weak...

100_1764.jpg

to make room for about 3x the HP...

100_1778.jpg

low mile 1990 360 roller lifter engine w air gap tti steps and 650 cfm Braswell(modified holley) 904 trans with 3000 stall converter.

IMG_20180619_152624696_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180623_134200950_HDR.jpg

Grandpa's wagon is getting ready to roll:steering:

A/C refurb coming soon:D

Vegas has had a excessive heat warning for the pass 3 days...suppose to cool off to 105 tomorrow....I been getting in the garage early and stopping before noon...

a/c unit in the shop keeps it below 90* if I get it started early.
Been getting up before 6 so that hasnt been a problem!

Stay hydrated fellow desert dwellers...H2O is your friend...drink lots and often!

OK...one more project in the...(cough cough)...closing stages.

ripped out the weak...

View attachment 1715190732

to make room for about 3x the HP...

View attachment 1715190733
low mile 1990 360 roller lifter engine w air gap tti steps and 650 cfm Braswell(modified holley) 904 trans with 3000 stall converter.

View attachment 1715190739

View attachment 1715190743

Grandpa's wagon is getting ready to roll:steering:

A/C refurb coming soon:D

What radiator is that? Its time to replace the rad in my 79 Aspen wagon.

What radiator is that? Its time to replace the rad in my 79 Aspen wagon.

Not sure as it was in another F body I parted out a couple years ago. No name or markings on it I could see.
Wagon was a six so I had to make mounts for it as the F bodies use different rad opening sizes 6 vs. V8.
It has the tabs on it to mount the factory V8 shroud...which I just happen to have a couple of...lol
Aftermarket "factory" rads are available for the F bodies and not too expensive IIRC.

-
Back