exactly what is the locking strip on a 67 dart windshield

-
It's going to fall apart when you remove it. It was a 1 year only thing and everyone swaps to the 68-up style with stainless trim

The insert spreads to in effect lock the gasket. Remove the insert. OEM rubber gasket and the sealant that was used is probably brick hard today. The glass still may not pop out easily.
In my experience, a 50 year old windshield is cloudy and pitted to hell too so breaking it is a good thing.

The insert spreads to in effect lock the gasket. Remove the insert. OEM rubber gasket and the sealant that was used is probably brick hard today. The glass still may not pop out easily.
In my experience, a 50 year old windshield is cloudy and pitted to hell too so breaking it is a good thing.
this is a new windshield and gasket used some joy and popped it right out needed to put the 67 dash frame in and get the lm23p out now this is a righteous 67 with title and vin matching now too put the windshield back in hope its as easy had someone helping that knew how to do it

this is a new windshield and gasket used some joy and popped it right out needed to put the 67 dash frame in and get the lm23p out now this is a righteous 67 with title and vin matching now too put the windshield back in hope its as easy had someone helping that knew how to do it

Did you just admit to committing VIN fraud?

apperantly you don't know jack **** a 67 dart doesn't supposed to have a lm23p dash vin

I do know punctuation and proper grammar, which used to be common knowledge to most American fifth-graders. That's more than can be said for you.

What? Are you on Windows 3.1 with no spell check?

I do know punctuation and proper grammar, which used to be common knowledge to most American fifth-graders. That's more than can be said for you.

What? Are you on Windows 3.1 with no spell check?
glad you know something you have no mopar knowledge so get on a grammer site

Not the 1st time punctuation has been mentioned In your threads.You have to realize how difficult it is to "read" posts without any. Its constructive criticism.
So LM23P is a 68 and up dart vin correct? And you put a 67 dash in it?

Exactly.

If I had a thread pointing out what might be construed (ahem, that's not an accusation) as me committing VIN fraud, I think the first thing I'd do is either clarify or delete, depending on the circumstances and my personal viewpoint on avoiding situations that can lead to anal rape.

As I read your post, either someone had the wrong-year VIN in there, and you "corrected" it with a matching VIN and title (from another car), or you somehow got the original VIN that is original to the vehicle and matches whatever body stamps there were (which is basically zero in '67 if memory serves).

Or maybe you're turning your '67 Dart into a '71 Demon or something. Hell, I don't know.

Not the 1st time punctuation has been mentioned In your threads.You have to realize how difficult it is to "read" posts without any. Its constructive criticism.
So LM23P is a 68 and up dart vin correct? And you put a 67 dash in it?
lm23p is specific to a 69 340 swinger I replaced it with a 67 dash which has no vin the vin is in the door jamb which matches the title now to part the dart out sell the roller go to the b body forum where I don't have to listen to bull ****
DSCF8885.JPG

I understand you dont have to agree/answer me or anybody, BUT when you post ANYTHING on a forum on the net, you open yourself up for opinions. Sorry if you're offended, the sun will rise tomorrow.

I understand you dont have to agree/answer me or anybody, BUT when you post ANYTHING on a forum on the net, you open yourself up for opinions. Sorry if you're offended, the sun will rise tomorrow.
engine and transmission come out tomorrow then you sell the roller then you ebay all the pristine parts
DSCF8896.JPG

That's nice and I'm happy he's got a nice project. I'm sure he'll do awesome stuff with it.

And all I did was ask a question. He could have just as easily said, "no, allow me to explain".

That's nice and I'm happy he's got a nice project. I'm sure he'll do awesome stuff with it.

And all I did was ask a question. He could have just as easily said, "no, allow me to explain".

I was just pointing out the back story, before someone goes accusing him of VIN fraud.

I was just pointing out the back story, before someone goes accusing him of VIN fraud.

And I was just asking him, before someone goes accusing him of VIN fraud ;-)

^^^ Sounds like an accusation to me.

From dictionary.com:
accusation
[ak-yoo-zey-shuh n]
noun
a charge of wrongdoing; imputation of guilt or blame.

... it's a bit difficult to charge someone with wrongdoing when you're just asking a question for clarification.

When I say, "you're a lying thieving sack-of-**** ****-knocking asshole dickwad fuckface cuntfart fraud", then you'll know I'm accusing someone of something.

Dar, objectively read the thread. I aint pickin on booker but read it. Very difficult with no punctuation. Then add in the fact he is talking about vin and dash swaps, NOW you open yourself up for criticism( whether right or wrong).

there was potential vin fraud by the previous owner when I removed the h code vin from the door jamb held by 2 small sheet metal screws the original vin plate was under it this was a 67 273 floor shift console car it will be parted pulled the engine And transmission yesterday getting old took me an hour and fifteen minutes by myself has a 8 3/4 3.91 suregrip rebuilt front suspension with disc brakes new 2 1/2 in mandrel bent exhaust with flowmaster welded in frame connectors very low section of the left lower quarter replaced other than that no body filler in car
DSCF8921.JPG
DSCF8922.JPG
DSCF8923.JPG
DSCF8924.JPG
DSCF8925.JPG
DSCF8926.JPG
DSCF8927.JPG

-
Back