• topify_1404351522783.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 586
  • topify_1404351591636.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 561
OTHER-

our Dart was to be a Twin turbo/ stock engine- sleeper
being the Hot side is the more difficult to build
we started there, with a pair of flanges and a big box of bends

plans change, ( broke the Dana again,in the Satellite)
So, decided to just make the Dart N/A
throw some mufflers on it run the street class.
while the Satellite's engine and trans were out for inspection

That how we ended up
with the exhaust exiting in Front of the front tires

and looks like it will stay that way
we skipped the turbo plans and went to the stroker route instead.

This video is the day after first start up with a 340- 0 miles

Gayle is moving the car around to load it on the Trailer
to take it to its maiden voyage to the drag strip
No way were we going to put regular headers on it ever again

over the winter, we have put the stroker in and E-85

[ame="http://s267.photobucket.com/user/draginmopars/media/white%20dart/017.mp4.html?sort=4&o=47"]017.mp4 Video by draginmopars | Photobucket[/ame]

In front of axle with turn downs and just behind the headers.

Loud and louder.

Attachments

• 100_2184.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 602
I'm thinking of going purple hornies(old school) or flowmaster 40 series regardless of dump location. I will be running offset springs over the 8.75 rear so Clearance is a concern. I do like that aspen model idea.

everyone talks about no room? here is my car however it does have a fuel cell in it. this is 3-1/2" all the way to the bumper with hooker Aerochamber muffs.

Something I ran across and would love to do. This is a factory barracuda concept designed to look like gills. Fuzzy pic, its all I could get.

Attachments

• side exhaust.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 492
I like mine out the back using Flowmaster 50 series on my 64 Fury with a tru X crossover. sounds nasty out the rear but you can carry on a conversation inside the car and NO drone.
On my 69 RR 40 series and dump before the rear axle. But it's loud.

everyone talks about no room? here is my car however it does have a fuel cell in it. this is 3-1/2" all the way to the bumper with hooker Aerochamber muffs.

Looks really close around that drive shaft, how much clearance do you have there?

Well LOL the fact that the big fat gas tank isn't there sorta solves the problem, no?

I like that, but will have to see how loud (BAD) mine is going to be. anyone want a new tank for a 68 barracuda ? lol-bob

you can always make the exhaust turn in front of the tank and dump at the bumper on the outside of the springs.

Not a whole lot of options when you have a mini tub, stock gas tank and 325-50-15" tires. I might of had enough room to run a 2 1/2" over the axle, but it would of still required exiting between the frame rails and springs. Not a good idea!

Attachments

• P1090359.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 245
  • P1090355.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 243
you know what I think I give up on you guys, give some Ideas and yall just want to complain and not think outside the box. if you want it to be factory looking I suggest you just leave your car STOCK

you know what I think I give up on you guys, give some Ideas and yall just want to complain and not think outside the box. if you want it to be factory looking I suggest you just leave your car STOCK
you evedently are used to driving on the great texas roads, we don`t have them that nice up here in the nations! don`t hink there will be enough roomfor them to go there on mine. don`t be so thin skined Tex!! ---boomer sooner!!!!!!!bob

Something I ran across and would love to do. This is a factory barracuda concept designed to look like gills. Fuzzy pic, its all I could get.
Dodge Challenger Plymouth Barracuda: Chrysler's Potent Pony Cars By Peter Grist Page 81

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714752454&stc=1&d=1410155542
come hell or high water Im goin out the back with mine, may have to go under the frame rails over the axle or may have just enuff room between the wheelie bar mounts and center section. My only main concerns are the stinking fenderwell headers (dont like the pipe showing for exhaust after the collectors) and getting over the diagonal link track locator, will smash the pipe flat some on drivers side if I have to LOL. I will be at peace with just 2 1/2 inch pipe all the way back, no crossover just true duals, quiet mufflers and NO DRONE. I plan to put the mufflers under the fuel cell and that fuel line showing in pic will be replace/re-routed.
P.S.
Yes I will get all the old burnout rubber power washed off and a fresh coat of paint here and there and the previous owners fancy brake line work redone.

Attachments

• i12921[1].jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 298
Why hasn't anybody mentioned the 3 inch oval exhaust pipe to get past the factory gas tank??? Only $24 for two 24 inch pipes.
They also make them is smaller sizes. They also make oval 45 sections and 90 degree sections for snaking around corners that are too narrow for regular round pipes. Best part about all of them is that you don't lose any flow but you still get your exhaust going where you want it!!!

treblig

Attachments

• 884e_1[1].jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 209
  • TRANSWITHINELBOW[1].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 204
  • vib0450416ovl_v1[1].jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 207
  • DSC03331.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 173
  • DSC03332.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 173
Out the back or side exit if you use a true AAR style muffler with oval pipe on the exit.

I made TTI's system work with a stock tank. It is possible.

-
Back