Exhaust manifold hardware installation

-

oldjunk

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of how to install the exhaust manifold hardware for the 68-70 h.p. manifolds? Don't have a factory service manual. I have a '72 duster 340 with x-heads. I am in the process of installing a set of repro h.p. manifolds with no heat shield. I'm aware the 4 bolts/studs closest the firewall and rad need sealant, but not sure which of the 16 holes get a stud/nut or a bolt. Also, which get's the beveled washer and which way the washer is placed. The only thing I am certain of is the 2 long sleeve type nuts that fit into the p.s. manifold. I have a 28 pc. reproduction hardware kit for the manifolds. If a diagram isn't available, could somebody post pic's of their engine? Just want to do this right the 1st time. If there is a thread out there somewhere on this, shoot me a link. I couldn't find one. Thanks guys.

Studs and nuts on the 4 ends, and washers on those with the cup side facing the head.

Thanks Trailbeast. So convex or concave facing the head?

Concave facing the head.

Actually now that I look real close they have the conical washers on the 8 bolts at the ends of the head and none on the two center bolts.
I was almost positive they only had washers where the studs were.
Sorry about that.

Attachments

• washers.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 224
This is how I plan to install them. I'm assuming this is correct. Hope the pic's help any manifold hardware virgin's like myself. :burnout:

Attachments

• 103_0962[1].jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 228
  • 103_0963[1].jpg
    41 KB · Views: 231
-
Back