Exhaust manifold question

-

clhyer

Reaction score
Happy New Year Folks,
Planning to put a 318 4 bbl into our '72 Duster. Daily driver use - no racing, just a fun driver. It will have power steering, auto trans.
Will any 318 exhaust manifold work, or do I need to look for particular years and/or models for clearance issues? I have an '88 Fury cop car donating many parts and wonder if the exhaust manifolds from this would work.
Thanks,
C

Nothing will fit better than stock a-body manifolds and single exhaust. Especially with power steering.

The passenger side from the Fury should work. There wasn't a lot of differences in those over the years. You can try the driver's side. I would, just to find out if nothing else. If it won't work, I would use a driver's side from a 98 Dakota/Durango. It fits an early A body with a little grinding so you should have no problems in a late A. You can get a new one at a parts house for around $70, junkyard for less. Third option is to find a 67-76 A body manifold. Hope this helps.

I am toying with different options in my Magnum Powered Duster project. I currently have the stock driver's side manifold on it. I do have some 1st gen. Dakota manifolds and I'm looking at seeing if they will fit. The steering box on the driver's side is the main obstacle.

Dan

I have a set of 1970 318 exhaust manifolds out of my 70 Dart.
Ready to go $50.00 plus shipping.
Let me know if you are interested,can send pics.
John.

Here's a pic.

Picture 652.jpg

-
Back