Exhaust Manifolds

-
don't forget: weave a blanket, raise a cow as an offering, learn Portuguese, solve a rubix cube...
FYI, that's all bs. I can't control how long it takes a person to respond when I contact them. I've sent e mails to people and never heard from them.

It seems that 340six doesn't understand the difference between stories and solid facts. If you wish to learn the difference between the two, PM me and I'd be glad to explain the difference between the two.

I guess you guys don't like the idea of somebody doing research on a modification to a car whether they have it or not. I did my research on quad runners long before I bought one and by me doing this I was able to find out that the one I was interested in had what's called differential lock, now that and it being 4 wheel drive it pulled strong. Doing research before making a change to one's car could very well save the owner not only time but money as well, they may even decide that the modification that they were considering doing wouldn't help them reach their goals.

FYI, that's all bs. I can't control how long it takes a person to respond when I contact them. I've sent e mails to people and never heard from them.
stripes-francis-francis-1.gif

I bought my car on April 17th. Joined FABO on April 18th, then my Research started... jus' sayin'
That's a good way as well. Guess that I'm over doing it, but I've known and heard about guys getting their car and started putting parts on it and wound up with it running worse. I'm going to get a car here shortly. Then and only then will I ask what may be good or not good to do with it.

That's a good way as well. Guess that I'm over doing it, but I've known and heard about guys getting their car and started putting parts on it and wound up with it running worse. I'm going to get a car here shortly. Then and only then will I ask what may be good or not good to do with it.
:rofl:

Yes you can. If you contacted anyone that has read your threads here. No way would they respond.
You are limiting your pool of seller's your self.

One thing about trying to buy a car off the internet now days, you need all your ducks in a row, all your cash ready, and be able to pounce on a car as soon as it hits the internet. You can't drag your feet because within the first hour, hundreds of prospective buyers know about it. If you snooze, you loose and I imagine that's what is happening here. I found my 66 on E bay. I was lucky it was only 45 min. from my door. I contacted the seller and arranged for a look see and I came back home and watched the bidding. It just so happened that I was the highest bidder but the reserve hadn't been met. I contacted the seller and he sold it to me for $500 more. That saved him a bundle because he didn't have to pay any fees. I wasn't going to let an extra $500 stop me from owning it. It worked well for both of us.

I Think You have this backwards. Physical evidence that you did really buy a car from you would be required.
i mean, besides all the 5.0 mustangs and camaros he's owned (and maybe an avanti) he did say that he had a narrow body dart at some point: too expensive, difficult to work on, impossible to get parts for was his excuse on that one i think, and something mid 70's like a dart sport that the interior was all clapped out-- probably the headliner and he was bitching about not being able to open a catalog and just order up sail panels and seat hinges or some weak tang excuse like that.

but the point still stands. we owe nothing, the onus is all on DTM

One thing about trying to buy a car off the internet now days, you need all your ducks in a row, all your cash ready, and be able to pounce on a car as soon as it hits the internet. You can't drag your feet because within the first hour, hundreds of prospective buyers know about it. If you snooze, you loose and I imagine that's what is happening here.
100% this.

these days, cash talks and bullshit walks. this isn't answering an ad in the local auto trader or newspaper classifieds any longer, because of the interwebs the pool of prospective buyers is enormous. and the pool of people actively looking for cars, for deals, for whatever is wayyy more keyed in: search bots, notifications, networks of friends, two racoons talking to each other at the dumpster, whatever.

add to that the ability to now send cash *instantly* for what you want and now all the nickle dick time wasters, tire kickers and wafflers are gonna get lapped by those that have the cash, means, and drive to go get what they want.

and this goes back to something i told dan last year (or two years ago) when he said that he had 20K to spend on a car, but then divulged that it was, like 9 in cash and the rest was a bank loan and was predicated on an inspection of the vehicle. you don't have 20K to spend, you have 9.

nobody in their right mind selling a car at that price point is going to deal with that level of tom foolery. maybe for a car that was 30~40K+ i certainly would and could see others, but at 20? nah, man, that's small time.

100% this.

these days, cash talks and bullshit walks. this isn't answering an ad in the local auto trader or newspaper classifieds any longer, because of the interwebs the pool of prospective buyers is enormous. and the pool of people actively looking for cars, for deals, for whatever is wayyy more keyed in: search bots, notifications, networks of friends, two racoons talking to each other at the dumpster, whatever.

add to that the ability to now send cash *instantly* for what you want and now all the nickle dick time wasters, tire kickers and wafflers are gonna get lapped by those that have the cash, means, and drive to go get what they want.

and this goes back to something i told dan last year (or two years ago) when he said that he had 20K to spend on a car, but then divulged that it was, like 9 in cash and the rest was a bank loan and was predicated on an inspection of the vehicle. you don't have 20K to spend, you have 9.

nobody in their right mind selling a car at that price point is going to deal with that level of tom foolery. maybe for a car that was 30~40K+ i certainly would and could see others, but at 20? nah, man, that's small time.
I wouldn't send cash to anyone that I don't know as I'm smarter than that, in case you're not aware of this but that's usually called a scam. I have the cash to work with, but as I've said I'm not going to just send cash. The seller will have to agree to a in person transaction and the payment will happen at a bank.

I wouldn't send cash to anyone that I don't know as I'm smarter than that, in case you're not aware of this but that's usually called a scam. I have the cash to work with, but as I've said I'm not going to just send cash. The seller will have to agree to a in person transaction and the payment will happen at a bank.
b5eab4c065e2346bad148c958bff485eba0be293ee2be85a1185dd7d2328054c.jpg

i mean, besides all the 5.0 mustangs and camaros he's owned (and maybe an avanti) he did say that he had a narrow body dart at some point: too expensive, difficult to work on, impossible to get parts for was his excuse on that one i think, and something mid 70's like a dart sport that the interior was all clapped out-- probably the headliner and he was bitching about not being able to open a catalog and just order up sail panels and seat hinges or some weak tang excuse like that.

but the point still stands. we owe nothing, the onus is all on DTM
I'm sure that you have forgotten, but the dart that I spoke of was a 1973 dart swinger that some low life was stealing parts off of. At the time I just didn't have the time to look for replacement parts as I was working full time and trying to move into our home, help with a sick father in law and a wife who just got out of the hospital that almost died. Your quick to run me down without having all of the facts

I'm sure that you have forgotten, but the dart that I spoke of was a 1973 dart swinger that some low life was stealing parts off of. At the time I just didn't have the time to look for replacement parts as I was working full time and trying to move into our home, help with a sick father in law and a wife who just got out of the hospital that almost died. Your quick to run me down without having all of the facts
you know what, i'll admit that i didn't have or know about that information. and it sucks that all of that happened... but on the other hand you'll need to come to terms with the fact that everything is an excuse. you keep victimizing yourself in the hunt for your car: everybody wants a million dollars for their stuff, it's too far, they don't want to meet my demands for transaction, there's nothing out there, the headliner is messed up...

it's all a little too Grimm, frankly...

Dude, you act like you’re the only one with things going on in life. FYI, you’re not. But Christ you have a lot of excuses.:rolleyes:

-
Back